Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 137 of 542 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 136 137 138 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

ooooh, its upside down and needs Adobe Acrobat to open the file...best laid plans of mice and men....

QNS Sonoma Star looks like Hunters Star to me. Still haven't heard back from the shop re shipping costs, oh well I'm patient
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    QNS Sonoma Star looks like Hunters Star to me. Still haven't heard back from the shop re shipping costs, oh well I'm patient
    You're probably right if at least not a variation of a Hunter's star. The block was done in 4 different fabric combinations using the 6 fabrics and didn't use sashing. Having just done the Lone Star, I wasn't so attracted to another quilt with a star medallion set up. The Sonoma would really be striking using batiks. Another thing from Friday's trip....we challenged each other to have a quilt entered in the show next year. There were quilts of every possible skill level and each of us could do as well if not better than maybe half that were shown. There were only a couple of the artsy quilts but many beautiful pieced and appliqués ones. There was a big auction of quilts on Saturday with the proceeds going to Mennonite relief. The main sponsor of the show is the quilt shop that is owned by Mennonites. Country folks preserving a way of life. I like that! I'd love to sew today but I have to put in some time in the garden. Don't think we're supposed to have rain. Have a good day, all!

Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Candace, thy kingdom thanks you; a cheaper price and its purple!!! So many choices....blue, green and now purple...each one is called by a different name. Real original aren't they? Excellent surfing on the net to find a better price!!

Must be a busy Monday morning for everyone. Slow chatter here.

I found this link with more details for the Irish Mist quilt: http://haaqg.tripod.com/supplies-kna...y-11-02-12.pdf

I have probably 6 or so 1/2yd cuts of fabric from the same line (in my stash) I could use to make this quilt. I had originally bought them for another pattern then decided to use different fabric. I would just need the background and border fabric.

I do like the purple one though...just trying really hard not to buy more fabric unless it is to finish a project this year.

I have been busy cleaning this morning and we got school done. Looks like we just have 2 more weeks left...then the kids get a break until mid-July when we start with 2 days a week and then go to 4 in August. We are all ready for a break...even during the "break" they will do a little bit of reading and math through computer games, books, etc.

That is the first two pages out of twelve, Carrie, for the instructions of the Irish Mist Quilt. I think they are all alike, just named differently...the purple one says it has the colors diagrammed on a chart, so less confusion which sounds great...less ripping out of sewing errors.

Blog Entries
    I've seen this made up--very striking. It's only 68 x 80. I need to have quilts a little bigger than that; could add borders and make it longer and wider. I don't think I need to buy fabric--still putting things away. Thanks for the links. I did download supply/cutting list.
    Rained last night, so field that got disced last night won't get sown with peas and barley today. Milk check day today--again--later G
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I love the quilt but I really can't start another one. I will follow whatever ya'll do. (I still have ta work on PC.LOL)
    I went ta the pain Dr taday & next Mon will have another epidural done. I had one done 2 years ago & it gave me my life back. I'm startin' ta git uncomfortable again so I'm bein' proactive.
    Taday is my 52nd B-day. On Sat DH bought me a Go Baby. My Go is just too bulky ta take on retreats so this was what I asked for. We (DH, Both DSons, DDIL, 2 DGBabies & I) went ta Red Lobster for supper last night. It was so fun & I had a great meal. DM will take me shoppin' taday. I'm havin a great B-day.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I've read every post, lots of reading

GG, my garden isn't growing, it's colddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!! No sunshine, lots of rain and temperatures down to 45 today Tomorrow we'll have a warm day, 55 LOL.

Starting tomorrow our country will have a king instead of a queen. We haven't had a king since 1890. No fun being outside tomorrow though!

I have been lazy - I should say I was very tired and didn't do any sewing this weekend. Each of the quilts for the twins need one more row, I made 12 blocks today So tomorrow another 12 blocks and both will be finished. I still need backing for Isa's quilt. And I ran out of batting and out of money to buy new batting I can order batting by the end of this week, so I can finish the quilts before the twins come home.

I visited Bram and Isa yesterday, gave Bram his bath and I held Isa for a while. They're doing great, gaining weight and getting taller too. Bram is still a little behind in weight but that's no problem. Isa should have gone back to the hospital in Enschede today to see the eye doc but the doctors in the hospital in Hengelo (where they are now) didn't agree with her being transported forth and back again. So from now on everything that needs to be checked will be checked in Hengelo!

Today I had dinner with #2 son, I had not seen him in quite a while so it was nice! He didn't stay long but we had a nice chat. And now back to the sewing machine - or maybe watch a movie with killer kitty

BTW: I love the Six Halves make a whole lot more! I love the purple one
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I have been thinking outside the box again...so watch out...new idea coming forth. QuiltE has her FFC project going along now, will be working on mine shortly; BBs are in rows, ready to sew rows together. I would like to do a quilt depicting each of our homes...the view a visitor would see walking up to your house (s). Options would be to photo in color and email it to me or snail mail it; a talented member of the family could draw a picture and tell colors of it...give me some idea of height of it (approximately) Then with the top of the quilt North, the rows would migrate South to other homes on the PC trail. Once I get the patterns going and even show it on here, the patterns would be available to you by email, snail mail or other ways...so we become our own little 'village' on our quilts... no I have no idea of the size or color right now, that can be worked out as I go along.

So, the critical item needed to begin is everyone's house...front door and house...with those on the farm, I could include the barn (silos) in a another square next to the house. Email would be the cheapest and easiest way to communicate, I think. What do you think? Would you be willing to participate??

Thank you, Janie, for the batiks. You are a creative person to find a way to detour the border and $$ issue...picture later.

QNS, great idea! I will email you a picture as soon as the weather is nice enough to take a picture! It's raining again and getting dark but I guess you won't need it tonight
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

No, Anael, thanks for the thought, but not tonight...within the next couple of weeks maybe the sunshine will visit and make it a good day for the picture...just back away from the front door until the complete front is in the picture. if there are plants there, it might help if you ID the plants/and or/trees for me. Email is more economical than snail mail...neighbor to neighbor.

Ok, what came from the Fig Tree in Ft. Collins, Colorado from Janie was five fabric batik pieces: two photo shots of one bundle of batiks...that shows off the fabric, view one or view two...same fabric.
    Name:  DSCN0001.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  54.5 KBName:  DSCN0002.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  50.9 KB

Great ta hear about the twins Anael. It makes me smile when I here about 'em.
    Sue, I do like the idea o' the house quilt. How about a pict o' the Brady house. I don't have a pict o' the Midland house & don't want ta take a pict now that everything is dyin'. (Please pray for rain again. )
    Bev

Maybe we all need to take that virtual RV to Midland, Tx, and do the Indian rain dance together for Dublb. Go ahead and do two pictures, Dublb, and I can edit the brown out and simplify the house in Midland. Honchey, you too will have the two houses....NJ and NC...

QNS, that is very creative thinking on your part - a house quilt that shows our homes! It seems that Jan put a photo of her home at Christmas (way back when????). It may be a while before I can get a decent photo, we are in such a mess here.

They will be tearing apart my kitchen in a few days. Thank God we have our motorhome, so we can cook and wash dishes in there! The living room and kitchen/dining room will be totally torn apart and cordoned off from the rest of the house via plastic.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBev!!!

it sure felt like MY birthday today when I went to the mailbox the highpitched squeel of delight as I torn open the envelope could be heard by dogs for miles Im sure!!!

THANK YOU
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candace is Deranged

Happy birthday, Bev. Enjoy that Go Baby. No rain? Wow, I was watching the Weather Channel and they were showing how much rain Houston got.

Anael, how fun it must be to bathe Bram & Isa. What encouraging news from you each day now--we were all so worried and still continue to pray for them. Enjoy them--they grow so fast and pretty soon you'll have a 16 year old GD who rolls her eyes at everything and a 20 year old GS who plays video games all day. (Ask me how I know this!)

DD, I love your block--so colorful. Who made it for you is still a mystery LOL.

QNS, I'll gladly send you a pic of my house. I won't send a pic of the back; we had to build a ramp for Patches and it looks like a long bob-sled run. But it works for him and that's all that matters. My neighbors think we're nuts but what are you gonna do? He can't do steps anymore.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

DD, I'm sure glad ta share my B-day. I was afraid that it was too scrappy, I just got ta sewin' pieces tagether & couldn't stop. I'll go & see if I can find the asterisk pattern that I used for the yellow. Hmmm now where is that. LOL
    Bev

here are my blocks, March from GrannyQ and April from BBev

Too Scrappy???? what is that???? LOL

Dear MB buddy of mine, I mailed my block today the postman says thursday
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candace is Deranged

Here is the pattern that I used.
    http://lollyquiltz.blogspot.com/2010...isk-crazy.html
    When I first saw this pattern & wanted ta adapt it for DD's block I made 4 6.5" blocks & cut a diagonal across each o' those. I then mixrd 'em up ta git an even more scrappy look but the asterisk didn't line up so I made it inta a large trivet for my DSis & made another one for DD.
    Here is the Trivet.
    Name:  Asterisk block #2 (#1 finished into a Trivit).jpg
Views: 96
Size:  65.5 KB
    Bev

MiraB ... ITA Sonoma looks like Hunter! And if you do not hear from them, you still have the pattern link that I posted to make it from your stash.

DDamsel ... good sleuthing! So are you in a Purple Haze? or travelling to Tahiti in the mist?

CarrieM ... another one finding goodies on the web! WOW! Your kids get out of school early for the summer. Here, K-8 go til end of June. And 9-12 about mid June, as most are on semester system. I'm sure you look forward to the break too .... does that mean more Club House time for you?

QNSue ... no chatter from me all day ... my excuse, I was at the Eye Dr this morning and then onwards from there. Your creativity is working overtime for your new quilt concept! Let me know more, as you get your plans further along, and I'll email you a pic too. Will need to wait a bit til I have some colour out front.

JanieW and QNSue ... what a lovely collection of batiks.

OKSGlad ... larger size could also be done with the multi colour corner triangles being expanded along with more of the background. I saw corn being planted yesterday ... the soil has not warmed up enough here for that! Will be interesting to see how those fields do.

DublB ... ♪♪♫Happy Birthday to You!!♫♪♪ You sure have your DH trained to give you want you want each time!

Anael ... I was thinking about you today when they were talking about the country being a sea of orange, with the changes coming tomorrow! How exciting ... and I hope to catch some of it on the TV too! How nice for all your time with Bram and Isa on the weekend. Good that you had time with DS2 as well. Sometimes we push ourselves too far, and just need some time off ... from sewing, and life in general! Your not sewing on the weekend, is perfectly healthy ... don't beat yourself up on that!

JeanieG ... I'm envious for your new kitchen! Please tell us more about all your reno plans. Looks like you'll be camping in your driveway, which will be much easier than trying to live amidst the renos and dust!

DDamsel and DublB ... a MB from a MP (Mystery Person) and that MP came out of the closet for us!!!! ... and it's your favourite, colourful and scrappy galore! Absolutely perfect!!

JanRN ... I was thinking the pic you'd be sending to QNSue might be your gnome that you showed us awhile back!!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday Bev, hope you had a wonderful day..

QNS what an exciting project for you, will take a pic of my house when the sun is out, very overcast here today, the weather man is saying a cyclone is forming off the coast but it is about 200 miles north of us so we may get some rain tomorrow.

What a beautiful scrappy block
    Karen

Nice scrappy block!! Mirabelle, I hope you see sunshine and not rain for 2 weeks!!

Jeanie, you could send a picture of your RV if you cannot do the front of the house. Or you could sent a tent photo.

Page 137 of 542 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 136 137 138 147 187 237 ... LastLast