Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 542 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 87 137 537 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

My DS just called. They are on their way to hospital, my DDIL is losing amniotic fluid. She's 25 weeks pregnant. We all hoped things would have turned to normal. Now all I can do is sit and wait for a phonecall. You're all waiting with me? I'm scared and worried.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

OMG, Anael, your family is in my prayers tonight!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

My DS just called again. They're still doing tests, the twins are ok for now but my DDIL has to be transported to another hospital. The local hospital can't deal with premies this small.

Anael--praying for your son and daughter-in-law, the new little ones and you too.

Still waiting for news. They're in the other hospital and they're doing tests, I guess, I hope.

Yes , we're waiting with you Anael....praying the Drs make the right decisions and that your DDIL's body stays strong and healthy.

Anael all of us surrogate grandmas are waiting and praying with you. You and your family have prayers coming from all areas of the world. Get some rest and keep us posted.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Oh dear ... what a start to the day for us all .......
    Reaching out to {{{{{HUG}}}}} you, Anael.
    And yes, waiting here, side by side with you and all the others.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

My DS just called. The twins are ok for now, my DDIL has to stay in hospital. They think the problems are caused by the deceased little one but they're doing more tests this afternoon.
    Thank you surrogate grandmas for waiting with me, for all the hugs and prayers. We're not there yet but I sincerely hope there won't be anymore problems!

Anael--I hope you are getting some sleep...or at least trying to rest while waiting for the next call...

Here are a few pictures I took of my "new clubhouse" today..not sure if I will keep calling it "the clubhouse" or if I will come up with a new name...any ideas??

Pic 1 is the end that will go towards the road
    Pic 2 is the sliding glass door...will face the house/yard
    Pic 3 is just inside the sliding glass door...all built-ins will be coming out
    Pic 4 is to the right of sliding glass door and steps upstairs; partial wall...this wall will be coming out
    Pic 5 is standing upstairs..we are going to put a trap door over the hole for the steps so that we don't have to heat/cool the upstairs...for now

Ceiling downstairs is about 7ft, upstairs in the middle about 6ft...good thing I am short. There is currently no insulation so we'll have to pull off the sheeting...might be able to reuse if it comes off clean. My DD thinks I need to keep the "splatter" paint job and a girlfriend thinks I need to paint it pink! I am thinking something warm...haven't thought too much about it since it will be a while before I get to that point! I am thankful for a DS who is a hard worker and is looking forward to the job of refinishing the building with me so. DH will help when needed too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie, what a great "clubhouse" that will make! There are so many possibilities, what fun you will have! I'm so envious!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carrie...how neat. So great that you have all that manpower ready to help you too. One thing you might want to keep in the back of your mind is leaving a space for a small powder room or at least a sink where you can have running water for that cup of tea when you sit with us in the virtual RV. That would be after the new sewing machine so very much down the road but maybe something to dream about.

A spiral staircase to the upper level would make a wonderful attic storage. Love your 'new' clubhouse. Maybe a 'Crafty Carrie's Cave'? (CCC...Yes, yes, yes)

And call the one you have now a "man cave" ? And let mr. carrie use it for for a TV & pool playing area...or whatever he likes to do.

Try different colors on small pieces on plywood and put in different places in the new area, to see how the light plays off the color and what appeals to you...if you want subtle colors, energetic, bright or just plain white and clean. Thanks for the pictures and letting the rest of us turn 'green' with envy here. How wonderful to have a supportive dh. Can I send my dh to take lessons from your dh??

Our local Ben Franklin store has now been taken over by the grandson of the original owner and his wife...they are going to market in KC and will have 2000 new bolts of fabric next week. Our local hometown food store has moved into a bigger lovely area and reopened today; although the parking lot was sadly empty almost, it should win over many customers when it warms up a bit. No word or package from Amazon yet...maybe its coming by dogsled.

Aneal, prayers and big hugs for you in the virtual clubhouse. Brownies are being served with homemade chili soup.

I just came home from the hospital. They still don't know what's going on and doing more tests. I hope tomorrow we will know! Thanks for the chili soup QNS, I didn't eat much today.

Carrie, I'm green with envy. I just showed MrJanRN and he told me not to get any ideas LOL. I love that it's 2 levels and like QNS said, lots of storage space. Can't wait to see it ready to go!

Anael, let's hope no news is good news or at least the situation is stabilized. I made home-made Italian Wedding Soup to serve in the virtual RV; it has healing powers (at least my grandmother claimed it does). Had that and home-made bread for dinner. I feel like Susie Homemaker.

Ggal, are you getting freezing rain/snow? They're predicting that for us over night. They've been wrong so much lately with the forecast that I half listen. We usually get your weather the next day. Stay warm and have some of my virtual soup.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Carrie, why don't you call your clubhouse the Pony Club I love your new studio!

Anael ... how good of you to go to the hospital and see your DDIL and DS. I'm sure that every minute seems like hours as you all wait to learn more. {{{HUGS}}}

CarrieM ... thanks for the pics so we can visualize and help you plan! ITA plan for a small washroom and sink for the convenience. It doesn't mean it has to be now. Just having it in the plans ... it'll come sooner than you think! What an opportunity to plan your dream place to be just the way you want it to be! Now, after your comments last week about MrCarrieM's trade abilities, I can't help but wonder just what he traded this time!!

QNSue ... Great suggestion for MrCarrieM's Man Cave!!! What are you waiting to arrive from Amazon? Sure hope my BB huskies aren't doing a milk run and getting your parcel, and delaying mine to CarrieM!

JanRN
    ... Suzie Homemaker you are ... and really wish I could reach IRL for some of that soup! mmmmmm!!!

Jan...we seem to be just north of the storm but there is a big one coming up the Ohio valley into your neighborhood. They say it has a lot of rain in it which will freeze up to an inch on stuff. Not my kind of weather. That usually means there a a lot of power outages. You might want to make a quick run for emergency supplies so you can watch the weather from the comfort of your sewing room tomorrow. Ummmm....that soup and bread is good!

No No No!!
    Do NOT send it here.
    I repeat .. Do NOT!
    You can keep that nasty storm, all to yourselves!!!
    The Border is closed!!!!

And very soon, I will be pulling the plug on this computer.
    Then in the morning will be taking it to the techie to transfer all over to my new system.
    If all goes well, I'll be back tomorrow/Wednesday night.

See you then!

Anael we are all sitting and praying with you, I have noticed the times on your posts with only a few hours between each, please take some time to rest and take a deep breath. Your DDIL is in the best place being in hospital, I am sure that the doctors and nurses are keeping a close watch on her.

Carrie I love your new "girl cave" can't wait to see it all decked out with your quilting supplies. Now we have to think up a good name for it

QNS your brownies were delicious thank you so much

QuiltE are you sure you don't want the storm, you sounded a little unsure
    Karen

Hey All

I think Im finally caught up on the last two weeks of chatter!

carriem YAY!!! the new clubhouse is AWESOME!!!

aneal, your family is in our prayers

quiltE, I am in love with the sulky BOM I will be doing that one!

PUPPY PICS!!!
    our Momma "Sugar" is my favorite out of the four work dogs, she isnt very good at staying in the fields... she thinks she is herding the people LOL! she does a great job taking care of me and the kids
    She is a Great Pyrenees, almost as big as me! I took a pic of my son holding a puppy, so you could get an idea on the SIZE of the babies

ENJOY
    Attached Images Attached Images

Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Deranged - Oh such a cute son, and BIG baby! Momma dog had a lot of puppies. Will you sell them?

QNS - I am enjoying the grape jam on my peanut butter sandwiches! Yum!!! And you must have known that brownies are my very favorite dessert. At least in the virtual RV, I can stuff myself and won't gain a pound!

QuiltE - I know you will enjoy your new computer and printer! I just purchased a small laser printer for our home. It was on sale (the only way to buy things)! It has a wireless connection, so both hubby and I can use it, is much cheaper to operate, and has the duplex feature I like on my all-in-one inkjet! So much stuff I print does not need color!

Anael, please keep us posted on DS and DDIL! We are all here for you, and are in our prayers!

I got home tanight & started tryin' ta git caught up. I had so many things I wanted ta respond to. I was laughin' & enjoyin' all the things ya'll had ta say. Then I read about Anael's DDIL & DS. My prayers are w/ya'll & those babies, Anael. (Huggs my friend) The things that are important show in the hard times.

I had a great time in Brady. I prepared fabrics for 2 blocks & finished another one, for my DM's quilt. (It is my Quilt Story BOM.) The excitin' thing happened before we left. DH & I went ta the Quiltin' Patch ta git me an embroidery machine. I didn't know what he had in mind till we got there. He bought me a Bernette 340 Deco. They didn't have one in stock so......I gotta wait. It should be here by Fri or Mon.
    Last edited by dublb; 01-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

DD what beautiful puppies, sadly too big for me I only like little dogs. When they are too big I am scared of them, was bitten as a child

Bev I am sure you are going to have fun with your new machine, so much to learn, so many embroidery designs, so little time
    Karen

Page 37 of 542 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 87 137 537 ... LastLast