Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 147 of 542 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 146 147 148 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Oh baby picts! How awesome ta see 'em again.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Hubby saw Dr. today and she said his Pneumonia is better. He is still really tired and has trouble sleeping at night because of his coughing. We have decided to not go on our camping trip until Monday, when our RV Group is suppose to start. That will give him three more days to re-cooperate. If we want we can spend a couple of days after our RV group trip.

Inspector to arrive at 9:00 tomorrow to see if our house is clear of everything. If so, we can hire a contractor to repair all the drywall that was torn out. Have not looked at replacement carpet yet, as I think getting the cabinets ordered are more important. However, not sure about what I want yet.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hi All, I'm finally in my PJ's ready for nite nite after an exceptionally long drive home ...almost 11 hours...

My azaleas are in full bloom and thought you Might enjoy them as much as I did when we arrived home...there are 3 different types...I don't know the names...DH's grandmother planted them in the 50's and when we added on to the house we moved some of them. the red one is still in the original place...they all need to be cut back drastically...I forgot to prune them last July and they are now very leggy but still beautiful....there are about 15 of them around the property....

Anael..sweet photos of the twins....

I'm too tired to go on so g'nite all...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quiet day here...

Janie--sounds like you had fun with your grands.

Honchey--great that you made it home safely. Beautiful flowers you've come home to!!

Honchey, those Azaleas are just absolutely gorgeous! What a delight to come home to that is for sure!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Honchey, your Azaleas are gorgeous! I had one once but it died on me I never tried again. Maybe I will because I love them!

Jeanie, good to hear your DH is getting better. I hope you still can go on your camping trip!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Hi everyone, lots to catch up on. Have been to embroidery club today and just got home, lots of traffic on the highway and the same amount of idiots.

JanRN the only design drawing I did on this quilt was to make the cross hatch as I wanted to keep it straight and the spine and centre of the feather in the side triangles, sometimes I get confused as to where to stop and start in the centre of these feathers. The rest was all freehand.

Carriem I did make 2 x 4 inch star blocks but yesterday and today managed to get all my blocks sewn and rows started for my Bonnie Hunter Star Struck quilt. First border has been cut so am hoping to get it finished this weekend and then I will quilt it on the longarm at my LQS as it only needs an edge to edge design.

HOnchey I love your azaleas, used to grow them when we lived down south but I think it is too hot for them here.

QNS I have not forgotten about the house photo, I have been waiting for my mower man to come and he mowed today so hopefully will take a photo on the weekend if the sun is shining. At the moment it is very dark and threatening to rain

Anael that photo spoke volumes of just how far our precious babies have come.. I hope you have kept a journal for them when they get older

Now it is time to cook dinner and then an early night for me. DS and I are going for a drive tomorrow morning, afternoon will be sewing time for me..

Stay safe and well everyone
    Karen

Thanks, Mirab. I have trouble with spacing leaves and knowing which direction to go so I'll try drawing the stems.

Bev, any word on your bid? Good luck.

Anne, glad you're home safely. Beautiful azaleas, they remind me of my dad. My mother wanted a long row of azaleas along the fence but she wanted either all red or all pink. My dad was color blind. When they bloomed, half were red and the other half orange. Made a real loud, but pretty hedge LOL.

Off to work. Everyone have a great day.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Good morning, everyone.
    Honchey....so glad you got home in time to see your beautiful azaleas and thanks for sharing with us.
    Janie....what good memories you're making with your GK's. it has to be nice to have them in the same town.
    QNS...I need some sunshine for my house picture too. The front of the house is right on the street and a view we seldom see so I plan a side yard picture.
    Big new here...my DGD called last night and said that I will be GGM come November!! Another baby quilt! I have all of the appliqué done and have started the QAYG on the one I've started. I want to get some more projects done before I start the next one.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 05-10-2013 at 04:36 AM.

GardenGal, what great news for November!!

Honchey, after 11 hour drive, you still enjoyed the beautiful flowers and shared then with us....that what life is all about taking time to enjoy God's display of beautiful flowers... and even more precious because of their story.

Jeanie, glad to you have better news to share about your dh; one step at a time on the re build...and it will finish the job. Enjoy the camping trip and leave the worries behind you.

Remember the picture of your house is if we were visiting...the way the we enter your house. I have two pictures so far...and I will simplify the picture for the quilt block.

Big congrats GGal what wonderful news, I am sure we will all be waiting to welcome a new addition to "our" family..
    Karen

Mirabelle did ya git ta go on the drive? I hope it was fun.
    Hooray for
    GG & the new DGbaby! I'd love ta see picts o' the applique baby quilt.
    QNS I'm confused about which house I should send ya 'cause we are now under contract for the new house. I was gonna send ya a pict o' the Brady house & one o' my current house as soon as I got the front porch cleared off. But now I'm about ta have a "new" house. LOL It is a bit newer than my current house. My current house was built in '58 & the "new" house was built in '69. So it is new.
    Jan I hope ya had a great day at work! Gotta pay for that new car!
    Oh
    Honchey your azaleas are wonderful! I have killed all o' the azaleas that have come even close ta me.
    Jeanie I sure hope your DH feels better soon! Ya can go on another li'le trip when he is better. I bet havin' your house all tore up is drivin' ya crazy!!!
    Jane did ya git ta try that new thread? How did it do?
    I sure hope that QE has a good trip.
    I do have a contract on the new house taday. I got the papers in my e-mail at 4:50. Horray!

Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Wow, I don't know who to congratulate first!!! so I'll go in order...

JanRN...congrats on your new car...
    GGal...congrats for your new soon to be in November grandchild...
    Dublb...congrats on your new house....

Took a few more pictures...enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful pictures, Anne. Looks like a wilderness area around your place there. Love your flowers!!

Dublb, there are no limits: you can sent me pictures of all three entrances ...to each of your houses!! You are not limited to just one!! Home is where we hang up our hats and love with our hearts!

Everyone have a good day! Mine is starting out early; much to do today. Take care!

JanRN, might have to include your new car in that photo, and DD, your new car, too! Think I have that right or was it Dublb??? Forgive me please if I have that wrong....

GG, congrats on being a GGD Like Mirabelle said, we'll all be waiting for the new addition to our virtual family!

Anne, lovely pictures!

It has been raining all day here. I have to go and run some errands but I hate to go out when it's raining. I think I'll wait for a dry moment
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

New babies, new houses. What exciting news for our group. Ggal, you must be so excitied and anxious to get another baby quilt started.

Bev, congrats on the new house. MrJanRN and I are thinking of downsizing and have been looking (not seriously yet) and it's exciting. I don't envy you packing up and moving--lots of work.

Anne--absolutely beautiful yard! Love all the vibrant colors. The only thing in my front yard is my Drunken Dog statue. But he has a bright colorful bandana on LOL.

Janie, have you tried your new thread yet? Let us know how it works. I just tried Superior Super Fine and had lots of trouble with it even after adjusting tension. Kept skipping stitches.

Carrie, been thinking about you & DD and your migraines. Can you relate them to your menstrual cycle? In younger women, Estrogen surges can cause migraines. (I had migraines back when I had Estrogen but they stopped now that I'm old and Estrogen-less; one of the advantages of aging LOL).

Anael, rain and more rain and more rain here today. Last night it rained so hard the drains & sewers couldn't handle it. The streets looked like rushing streams. The grass seems to grow 3" overnight. But what a beautiful spring we're having--more trees and flowers in bloom than ever. But we're supposed to get a freeze/frost for the next 2 nights. Hmm-mother nature always gets the last laugh.

Have a great week-end everyone and a very happy Mother's Day.

JanRN, are you sure you are not related to Janie?? She also has a dog statue in her front yard that may be a twin to yours! No, wait hers is a Steeler's fan.

Temps are dipping down here tonight and tomorrow night but not as much as was forecast. Farmers are going to have to go all hours to get their corn and beans planted by the 15th of May...predicted late crops and less yield which will bring up food prices, etc., for all of us. Gas prices will continue to rise.

happy mother's day to all. its too early for mother's day...should be next week!!! LOL!! Not planting garden until after the 22nd of the month...then it will be warm...I hope.

Congrats Gardnergal! Very exciting.

Honchey your yard and flowers are beautiful. I loved the pictures from you and QNS. Living up here in the frozen north with a gardening zone of 3, I am really loving seeing all your blooms. I have an indoor amaryillis that I have named Audrey after the Little Shop of Horrors plant. It has grown so big( 2.5 feet tall) that it has to be in an 18" pot on the floor. It is producing two side bulbs and will not stop blooming. When it finishes blooming, it is supposed to rest and send out leaves to feed the bulb until it blooms again next season. Not Audrey. She rests for about 6 weeks and then sends out another bloom stalk that produces five huge flowers. I love Audrey.

JanRN I tried the thread and my machine likes it. I think it will be terrific for SID and FMQ. I tried it for piecing and it was really good, no need for scant 1/4" , but the seams are coming apart at the ends even tho I used 2.0. The write up says it is good for piecing but I don't want to sew with a smaller stitch length. So I will stick with aurifil for piecing. I love how much InvisaFil I can get on one bobbin, so will enjoy quilting with it.

Re migraines. I didn't start getting them until I went Estrogenless! I am weird.

I am going to Edmonton tomorrow . My 8 year old grandson has a chess tournament so I am going with my son to help ride herd on the twins while Colin plays chess. We will ride the streetcar, go to the indoor market, hit a playground or two, then go pick up Colin and then out for supper before the 1.5 hour ride home.

I need to get into the sewing room today. Too windy to run outside so it will be an elliptical day. Then sew all morning, leftovers for lunch, garden in the PM. I'll put rocks in my pockets so I won't blow away!

Hope you all have a good one!

Forgot to say congrats to dublb! Whoo hoo.

Here's Audrey

Name:  audrey 001.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  318.9 KB

flower stalk forming
    Name:  audrey 002.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  317.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Every one has such great news! Congratulations Jan, GGal and dublb. Love looking at the pretty blossoms, thanks for posting the photos.
    DH and I did a road trip--10 hours in a diesel truck with a 2 1/2 yo who rode like a trooper. He loved seeing the Mississippi and of course the trains that are along the riverside. He's a big Thomas the Train fan so was "choo choo ing" all the time. Went by a Big WMart and he yells--"See fish" My back is so sore today.

Then we heard that a dear friend lost her battle with cancer yesterday. Today is not a good day even though the sun is shining.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OK, so sorry about your friend. My BFF has been battling ovarian cancer for the past 17 months, gravely ill right now. I hold my breath when the phone rings--dreading that call.

Janie thanks for the info on the thread-will have to give it a try. I think I have the only machine that loves Coats & Clark--everyone else on QB hates it. As long as I clean out my bobbin area after 2 bobbins I never even adjust tension. I guess my machine is like me--a cheap date LOL.

Sorry, OksewGlad that you lost a good friend to cancer; but none of us get out of this world alive...nor do we get to choose which way we go...sober thoughts of the day. Horrid ways, I think,is fire or a bad accident; dying in one's sleep might be the easiest. It's the living family and friends that stress out over missing us...if we are lucky and they don't dance with joy on our grave. LOL!! (thinking my In-laws would do that on my grave site if they showed at all!)

Almost finished cutting out T. mist for me. Cooking beef for lunch with garlic and onions.

Hello All!!

I'm baaaaaaack .... and see I have a LOT of reading to do!

Please check your email for two threads for news on the FFC ... and also check out (and post!!! ) to this thread!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post6058006

Will read and chat with you all, a little later!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Patience, QuiltE. Patience. I am wrong in thinking deadline was about June 1st?? That is my target date I have in mind. If everything works out as it should. There are no guarantees. Sorry, I will try, and see if everything can come together.

Morning Dove is nesting over our East Door in the Clematis vine...so we are refraining from disturbing her. Although the 'baby ducks' are now in a pen on the East side of the house.

Glad you had good news, Dublb, about your house you were trying to buy. Again, take a photo shot of each house entry way, and I will do three blocks or more...

Still haven't read the what I have missed, just wanted to solve any confusion ........ sooner, rather than later!

QNSue ... yes, I had said I would start the thread June 1st. Though, we have had some posts in this thread already, as well as others have been posting to other locations, (Flickr, Blogs, etc) ... so I made the executive decision, that it would be better to get the thread started, now, so that all can be together.

As for dates ... there is NO firm deadline ... Mine will only go ahead, once I get the signature blocks back that I sent out. If you haven't please check your email, as I think anything else is explained in the two emails (I should have written two emails, not two threads.)

translation: buys me time!!!!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Page 147 of 542 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 146 147 148 157 197 247 ... LastLast