Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 145 of 542 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 144 145 146 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Mirabelle--your quilting looks great. Were you able to get to the binding?

Honchey--Yummy beef/veggie stew. Bummer on the blueberries. I really would call the company who sprayed and see what they say about the berries.

Anael--another cute picture of the twins. They are looking very healthy these days.

I am sorry for not replying to each...the last 3 days I haven't been feeling the best (headaches; I think I "got them" from DD...jk). This morning I am feeling a little more normal. The weather has been beautiful...can't wait to feel good so I can get some leaves raked away from the house and plant some flowers.

I got my airplane blocks together and have the propellers started (need 32, finished 9 so far). I've picked out fabric and a pattern for my June MB (May is done), so might make that today and then get back to the propellers.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Bev, Please check out this website "AVICENNA"...my sister just told me about it and she is researching it for her DH...nothing seems to help...
    Last edited by Honchey; 05-07-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Ggal--just saw your post...congratulations on the new DGS. Do you make a similar quilt for all your grandbabies or something different for each? My DGma made each of my kids and the other great-grandchildren a crib quilt with cross-stitching. I used them when they were babies, but since they were mostly white I never let the kids use them as they got older.

Good Morning all: Its a great day here, sun is shinning!! Going to celebrate the great day by doing housework and garden work and maybe get into the quilt room....help dh with some jobs outside...especially if he is in the garage using any power tools!!

Of course I had to get his fabric for the six half yards and more.....cut some on his yesterday. Love the new machine.
    May each of you be blessed with a good day.

Oh so much to catch up on . I'll never do it. We had a record high temperature here yesterday . It got to 29.5 C. That is hot considering we never did get spring this year.

Anael, Those babies bring a big giant grin when I see how far they have come. Is Bram still on the oxygen? Won't be long now before they are home and the sleepless night begin.

QNS, so glad you avoided a disaster. That was scary. Nice to know you are enjoying your new machine. I got an email from Pfaff and as my husband says, they are calling to me. Not going to happen as I am happy with my current machine and I want to go to the UK this fall, so unless I win the lottery....

Carriem not migraines, I hope. Those things are just miserable. Have you found any dietary triggers or or you lucky like me and we can't figure out why?

Bev, I missed why you need the epidural, but my thoughts are with you and I hope that issue resolves soon.

Mirabelle did you ever hear back from Ladybug Hill quilts about your shipping of the Irish Mist? They are ignoring me. I love your FMQ that you have posted and you have inspired me to keep working at it. Thanks for that as my last attempt made me realize I can do it. How are things with your Quilt Police?

My MB is being mailed today as I won't be able to mail it next week.

Sorry to not address everyone, but can't stay on the computer long.

Thank you QNS, I hope your day will be blessed too!

Here the weather changed already, it has been raining in the afternoon. I had company and hoped we could sit outside but we had to go inside!
    Tonight a meeting again, I will be home late so again no sewing today! Tomorrow I will be gone for most of the day too
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Janie, yes Bram is still on oxygen. He still has a cold. Isa pulled out her feeding tube yesterday so now she only gets bottles!

Gardnergal - yes the Springs Fire started in our community. We had a lot of ash drifting our way a couple of times when the wind shifted and came in off the ocean. It is almost out, I think. We had real strong winds the day it started and it has been so dry that the fire just took off across the hills. The fire fighters did a great job of saving all the homes in its path, and the University (Cal State Channel Islands) was evacuated and did not have any damage either. We were so lucky.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hello Ladies--Since you were so quick to figure out Anael's plant I have one for you. It just started blooming. I included a picture of the leaves too as I know sometimes that can help with identification.

I got a good start on a MB for someone sometime. And discovered I get to buy a little fabric for my June MB...I have 2 of the 3 fabrics needed. I work tomorrow so will pick something up then.

Janie--yes migraines part of the time each day since Friday (unfortunately) and no, "they" can't figure out what is causing them. I just take daily meds that work for a while each time before I have to change again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good news Anael! Bottles! Hooray!
    Janie, I have a bulgin' disk. They put a steroid on the disk w/the epidural.
    Alright I went & applied for a preapproval for a mortgage taday.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oooo! Carrie those are lovely flowers! I hate migraines! I haven't really had one in 4 or 5 years.
    Bev

Oh Bev, that sounds painful. Hope it gets better soon. Migraines suck.

Carrie is that an azalea maybe? it's beautiful.

Janie and Mirabelle, check your emails. Janie you said that Ladybug Hill had not returned your calls and wondered if Mirabelle had heard anything. Then I went back to check and found nothing about the problem...so I emailed you all.

Beautiful flowers, Carrie.

Good luck, Dublb on your pursuit.

Ok ya'll I got preapproval! We will meet w/our real estate agent with in the hour!!!!
    Bev

Let us know, Dublb, we have our fingers crossed.

If anyone is looking at Bernina machines, find out about their promotions and for how long; GE financing is charging 29.9 % interest on the Bernina Charge Card. I just about took everything back and dropped the card, but it is on special promotion at no interest for 18 months. I still canceled out the card, and will pay off the balance, but no way am I letting anyone else steal the cc number and charge on it at that high interest rate. It lasts longer in IN than in IA, according to Bernina Dealers; the company claims not. Buyer beware, I guess.

Blog Entries
    As usual so much to read and see! Wonderful looking food, fragrant flowers, blueberries waiting to ripen, pretty babies and of course quilts being quilted and to be admired, tops sandwiched. Then some are off on the road again!! Have a safe trip QE. And through it all there are the ups and downs of living--health issues, changes in routines, what ever. This is not a static group!
    I never buy margarine (yup the dairy farmer in me) One characteristic of butter is that it browns more than margarine-your sugar cookies will have a golden color rather than a pale yellow color. If I'm right it has something to do with the fact that butter will burn at a lower temperature than margarine. Especially important when sauteing in butter--don't use high heat! Correct me if I"m wrong QE. Flavor is an added benefit of using butter. You hear that a food has a buttery flavor--never a margariney flavor
    Oh another full day in the garden. I have raised garden beds (4 x 8 feet) Got 3 of them cleaned and ready to plant. Broccoli (11), Kale (9--new this year. DSIL uses it for stampot at Holiday time), a row of snap peas, 20 spinach plants, Romaine lettuce plants--11 big plants and 12 smaller ones. DH was able to go into the dry cow pasture and get me 2 skidsteer loads of well rotted manure to mix into the beds. Oh such nice stuff--will make those greens grow! Hopefully can get some seeds planted tomorrow before it rains.
    In the sewing room--almost ready to sew. Took pictures that I'll put in a PDF and share later. Now want to finish cleaning off the cutting counter so I can start a new project!
    Remember to share your baby quilt, GGal.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Ok ya'll we put our bid in th'sevenin'! We'll know if they accept the bid in the mornin'. I'm happy, excited, scared, anxious....OK I don't know how I feel.
    Bev

I have almost caught up on the chatter, but way too much to answer everyone so please forgive me.

Bev hope everything goes well for you at the realtor

Jeanieg hope DH is feeling better and hope everything goes well with your skin spots.

QNS thank you for the e-mail, no I did not receive an answer from Lady Bug Hill Quilts.

Will post pics this afternoon of the FINISHED quilt, went to the docs this morning for a skin check up and he barrelled me with Pap Smear (yuk) Mammogram this afternoon as the mobile unit is in town so as soon as I get off this computer I have to go have my boobs squashed (another yuk) AND he put me on a diet. talk about a triple whammy. But on a lighter side no more spots to be removed. Maybe I could just stay on the computer and forget the time Chat to you all later
    Karen

Carriem, Yes, that is an azalea...I have the same type just in a different color....I hope they're still in bloom when I get home....
    Dublb, how exciting for you...A new home may be in the works!!!

QNS,Those cards can be very high $$$$ interest...the dealer gets charged about 1/3 of that $$$ when the customer uses the interest free deal...they get their fees one way or another... what is this 6 half yard thing that some of you are talking about???
    I'm going to be busy tomorrow finishing some housework & packing then the trip back home on Thursday....I'm not looking forward to the 10 hour drive..
    Last edited by Honchey; 05-07-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Honchey--thanks for confirming what Janie thought. I found a website and there are lots and lots of different types of azalea

This is the book where the pattern is found: http://www.connecttheblocks.com/shop...u-12010040.htm

QNS and some others found various kits making the Irish Mist quilt (on cover of book). I found fabric in my stash to make it and since there are a couple quilts in the book was able to justify the purchase...plus we had it in the shop where I work so got a discount too.

**Someone mentioned wanting a bigger version and I found this queen size pattern: http://www.quiltbranch.com/uploads/p...een%20Size.pdf

Here are the photos as promised, the side triangle is a little shiny but I hope you can see what I quilted. DD made the quilt top I just quilted it her for, hope she likes it, she doesn't know that I have been working on it. The original pattern was just 9 blocks set 3 x 3 but just like me she decided to change it (just a little) it ended up 74 x 74.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

All I can say is WOW...........outstanding!

I echo Anael...WOW! Great job Mirabelle, I am sure DD will love it!

OK....I didn't use all of the PC blocks since I used the setting blocks so I'm using about 25 of the more colorful blocks and piecing the back where I'm fusing Sunbonnet Sam and hearts in alternate blocks. It will be a reversible quilt. Need to get on the appliqué now that I know what I'm going to do. What I wouldn't give for some good mature manure in my garden. I'm using leaf mold and bagged compost which works but not the same. I love my raised beds too. My DH doesn't like how grass and weeds grow right up to it and requires more work to trim so this year I'm putting in a bed right in front of it edged with pavers he can mow right up on. Will work on that some more today.Mirabelle....how do you decide what patterns to quilt? There is so much variety in this last quilt. Very beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Dubib...best wishes for the house hunt.
    Honchey...your azaleas will welcome you back. I love them but have not been successful in growing them. Right now there isn't enough shade where I garden.
    Carrie...watch for your attachments. I sent them out Monday regular mail.
    Have a good day everyone!

Just caught up on all the news and flowers and babies and food and travel and quilting and OH MY!!! What fun to enjoy all that everyone has going on in their lives. I'd love to comment personally to all, but my fingers would be sore from typing and I'd need my own page. Please know I'm thinking about yinz and loving all of you and following along. I'm working too many days and doing the final clean out of my mother's house. Hope to be able to participate more soon!
    My news: I'm off to pick up my new car this morning!! Yay me!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Page 145 of 542 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 144 145 146 155 195 245 ... LastLast