Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 195 of 542 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 194 195 196 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Honchey ... Looks like the Calabash life is good for your body! Face it, you just need to live in NC And Face It #2 ... your FART habit, probably costs you less than DH's "habit" (if the rates are anywhere near what they pay to golf here!). Looks like you had great luck today, so now onwards to more luck, tonight!

JanRN ... you;re right, we never think disaster will affect us, but it does. Photos are good for your BOW accountability! Alabama done, so onwards to Alaska?

GrannyQ ... Oh my! Prayers answered, now onwards to his recovery. And too, for your husband's and sister's concerns.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

GrannyQ, glad to hear your DS is on the mend and hoping DH is doing well. Please take care of yourself too!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

It was nice to come home from a day away to see updates from so many. Good to have all checking in.

I work tomorrow. Nothing on the "need to buy" list so I should be able to be good.

Carrie, are you having Christmas in July at the LQS like many on the internet is having??There are some beautify Christmas fabrics out there this season. Missouri Star Quilt Co., had a Jenny Beyer and some Stonehenge on sale the other day and I bought some; it was too much temptation!! May have to unsubscribe to emails too many quilt shops.

Janie and QE, its sad that so many of your countrymen have been affected by floods; they are our thoughts and prayer list. GrannyQ, it was good hearing from you too and that prayers were heard; may all your kin continue to mend.

And Honchey, we expect news of a big win tonight at Bingo. Jeanie, may those construction guys start quickly on your house.

My sewing table has been delayed until a week from tomorrow, so no trip to DM this week....guess that means I suppose to behave. Keets are loving cottage cheese and finely shredded yellow cheese...quickly following the guy with it in his beak and trying to grab it from him...they think its small their size worms.

QNS--no sales in July at "my" shop..there are lots of sale fabrics though and more being added as new stuff comes in and needs space on the shelves. We are starting to get in some new Fall and Christmas fabrics in. Since I only work one day a week there are always new things to find when I go to work.

Boo Hoo .... no winnings tonite..but I did wait!!! Looks like you & me Jan have to go to work to pay for our FARTS!!!

Good news GrannyQ...so happy for you....

Yes QuiltE, it seems I shop in spurts and I catch the sales when I can...I spent $80 and saved &120 in one shop. ...All in all it was a fun afternoon for me...

If I ever decide to stay in NC I'd have to add a big sunroom & deck....I need a little more elbow room!!!

You know you are a quilter when your guest bedroom starts looking like a fabric store!

*pat* *pat*
    Poor Lil Honchey! No wins tonight!

However ... with fabric on sale that much, you just "had" to buy it!!!

QNSue ... good one, on the You know you're a quilter when ....
    ........... And didn't you say you had some stashed in the bathroom?

I worked on my MB taday. I'm so bad at math that I'll have ta do 9 instead o' 4 ta git the 12". LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

funny, Quilt E. None in the bathroom, 'cause I do have a sewing room, guest room, and travel trailer. Dh refuses to pull it anywhere, so I use it for storage and quit licensing the travel trailer.

Electric Quilt company has Dear Jane disk on sale today only. Now if I quit getting all this email I would not be so tempted...

Thanks QNSue .... I just checked the site .... the way I read it, everything is there. Even the book, just that it's not a hard copy. Am I right?

And to think I have been having thoughts of this .......................................

QuiltE, it's not the Dear Jane book, it's a guide how to use the software. So you still would have to buy the Dear Jane book if you want to have it. There's no need to if you buy the software.
    Of course I do have both
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

GrannyQ, I;m so glad your son is home again. Now hopefully he will feel better very soon! (((HUGS)))

I've read all posts, thanks all for your stories!
    Nothing new to tell from this side of the pond. Today no sunshine, my car is back from the garage and I guess I'll faint when I get the bill
    QuiltE, you've seen the picture before but I'm happy to post it again This was taken when they were on weekend leave, May 25th.
    Name:  IMG_1722 (1080 x 810).jpg
Views: 48
Size:  154.8 KB

• CD to install
    • 264 page user manual with full color gallery quilts
    • 7 lessons
    • How-to instructions for program features
    • Over 550 patterns
    • 2,500 scanned fabrics
    • Full design ability
    • Pattern printing capabilities

QuiltE, it includes the list above...user manual would not be the book published in 1963, but as Anael said, you would not really need it. Here it will ship UPS directly to my door Friday or Monday. It might be another five year in the making quilt if I were to start ??????? and its goes with EQ7 or that is my understanding. Is that right, Anael?

Lovely picture, Anael, of the Sew Grands but dated. So take your new camera on the next Grandmother visit and show the 'now' picture.

I had an insane moment this morning and stopped by the Chrysler/Ford dealer in K. Wow. No keys. Gearshift on the dash. Push in or pull out the steering wheel. Wow. Guess I am an old old woman...did not like that...hope my old car keeps right on running. Trucks are so expensive here, I did not even try 'sitting' in one; feared they might charge me for that.

QNS, I know the picture is dated but QuiltE asked about my Avatar and she wanted to see it (again). I had my camera with me last Saturday but wasn't able to take nice pics of the twins. I will try again next Saturday.

The Dear Jane software is stand alone, you don't need EQ.

Anael...I second QNS....I would love a current picture of the SewGrands. They've been home about 6 weeks haven't they?
    QNS/QuiltE...Dear Jane has always intrigued me too but I'll pass this time. I know that I would want to start it right away and I need some more finishes right about now.
    JanRN...ouch....I'm glad you had shelter and didn't get bonged by one of those hail stones. I take it your car is okay too.
    Mirabelle...now might be the time for you to consider quilting the old fashioned way...by hand. It would take a lot of stress off of your shoulder so the tendon tear would have some time to heal rather than get worse.
    GrannyQ....such good news but prayers are still going up for you and yours.
    Carrie....our shop is hopping this week but I'm not going. My quilting buddy is up north and we have plans to go to one at the end of the month when she's in town.
    Honchey...we just don't realize how nice it is to have immediate medical attention do we? We take so much for granted in this country.
    Jeanie...I see still more fires in California. Stay safe.
    Dubib...still waiting for the picture of your latest MB. Glad you had such a nice family time in Brady this past week.

Anael ... of course, I am glad to see the pic again!! With that fancy new camera, I bet you have a gazillion SewGrand and Mick Pics! Thanks for the DJ info. Just thinking ... I bet DJ is stand alone but enough to lure you into wanting EQ!! And yes, I will probably still buy the book. Just Because! ... there's something about touchy-feely is better than software, for me! Old School, I know!

QNSue ... It is written to the same standards as the EQ programs, though is a stand alone product. Take a look at the System Requirements. Re the no key cars ... you still have to have the keys with you for the push button to work. Or if you someone is holding the key, and you drive away and leave them behind ... better not turn off the car, as you will not get it going again!

GGal ... Go ahead and order it ... we've all spent $ for worse things! FYI I have no intention of starting it til into the winter. My plan is to have my material and colour scheme figured out, and then, be ready to go. And how much applique? If I don't get along with it, DJ will just have to become a BJ (BabyJ!)
    Last edited by QuiltE; 07-10-2013 at 01:28 PM.

The 'look' at the new cars was a sure cure for wanting one; it sure changed my mind. The re-conditioned old Ford Model T in the show room was more my style. Until it get the new ones to come when we call it, it can remain with the car company.

I still remember the new Saturn the unlocked every car around it in the shopping mall. Whew!! Lucky that no other car owner was near by, quickly I pushed the locking key again and they all locked...Fords, etc., next to our Saturn...six different car manufactures. We turned the Saturn back in to the dealer on the 29th day of the 30 day trial period and went back to Chrysler...or was the next a Ford???

I will look at other dealers and see what their cars are like. Yes, they had a key and could change it back to take a key, but everyone who bought seemed happy with the key less start. No thanks. IF the key less piece was stolen with your purse in the Mall, you would be walking home and that might be a far piece. $$$$$$ they want for them means no FART trips and that will not work here. A horse or mule is cheaper....even with the Amish buggy.

Well...I've been looking at the DJ quilt/book/CD and plan to order soon. Guess I have my next sampler quilt chosen. I had heard of "Dear Jane" but never really took the time to see what was included. Having the CD with all the blocks and the option to PP makes a big difference. Plus it will give me an opportunity to use EQ a little...something else I have been debating on buying.

~~~GrannyQ my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family~~~

Hello Ladies!!!

Nina Sue I was at the Chevy dealer this morning! WOW! I wonder how much they would give me for my lemon if I got an UPgrade.... hmmmm..... and WHY was I at Chevy again??? SIGH..... that darn truck quit on me... its a good thing there are good country folk that are willing to give a ride to strangers

anyways I am working on sewing I diaper bag to match the sheep quilt its looking GOOD! I just volunteered to do the table displays for my sisters wedding! holy smokes! I dont know if I can get it all done and to her specs in time for her wedding creeping up Aug 3rd.... we will SEE

Jan dont worry yet about doing another MB, I think it will find me sooner or later I did take a pic of my MB for BBev, I didnt download the pic yet, so let me get it all sorted out and I will post a pic tomorrow! you have all been so patient and LONG suffering
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Special sale of DJ goes off at midnight; guess its independent of EQ7, so the $47.00 would be all anyone would need.

Microsoft up dates messed my computer up again, but dd came to my rescue one more time. Love that gal, hated to disturb her, she sooooo busy and is quite tired tonight, but fix it she did.

From Bellaonline a way to keep track of your blocks in the rows:
    http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com.au/2...uesday_15.html

Love her newsletter and tips. Yep, its the right price, too, all free.

So who all joined me in buying DJ??
    ....... am I nuts or what?
    What???? .....Me ... who does not do applique!

Honchey ... Hope you are getting ready to lead this motley crew in the escapades of Dear Jane!

OH NO Not Dear Jane my daughter has the book and has made 4 blocks , and I was going to make Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, well I have 1 block made so that is a start isn't it. SO I am figuring if we do Dear Jane will I have to make Sylvia's at the same time. Oh my I have to get my self organised.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement, I will just have to nurse this shoulder along for a while, although I am not sure about the hand quilting. I made my DS a quilt once, Around the Twist it was called, took me 6 weeks to piece it and some bright spark had a great idea to hand quilt it, well it took them (not me cause I'm not that stupid) 3 years to quilt it and the name was very appropriate cause I nearly went around the twist

JeanieG you asked why so long to have surgery, well it is our overworked and overcrowded hospital systems, the surgeons are only allocated so many beds and time in operating theatres. Our hospitals are groaning under the pressures of now highly populated areas and hospitals not being upgraded to take the higher volume of patients.

My carpet cleaners are here and I have had to take everything out of my sewing room so tonight I get to put it all back together again, all nice and clean and tidy tomorrow might get some sewing done but not much as I am placing time limits on how long I sit at my machine...
    Karen

Aren't DJ blocks even smaller than the Farmer's Wife ones, and very similar? Just curious! Guess I could google them. LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 195 of 542 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 194 195 196 205 245 295 ... LastLast