Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 295 of 542 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 294 295 296 305 345 395 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Mirabelle - that quilt is so pretty, I would not want to give it up either! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow for my American friends. I got my rolls made today, turkey cooked and carved, and cranberry salad made. I feel like I've been on my feet all day!

I have a cell phone I hardly ever turn on! My hubby always has his on, so everyone knows to call him. I use mine only if I am going somewhere without him (and that isn't very often)!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving whether here in the States or abroad! Going to get dressing started, potatoes and gravy tomorrow.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

MiraB ... there's roses there ... and being that your room matches it, there;s a double reason to keep it all for yourself!!

DublB ... my goodness, that is a BIG difference!! Looks like you must have left one of the families out of the count. At least you realized now and can make sure you have the food (more important than the chairs!) for all to eat.

QNSue ... hope your numbers have held at siz and not inflated like DublB's!!!

So with all your flurry in getting ready for Thanksgiving ... I joined you today!
    Bought a turkey breast ... no, not cooking it now. Just to have in the freezer and will use it sometime between now and Christmas, whether for me solo, or with a friend or two here. They are often hard to find, so when I get a chance, I usually stock up!

Delicious eating though ... so now I am ready when the moment strikes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Whew!!, I am tired!! cooked the turnips, shrimp, sauce for the mushrooms, celery & onions for the stuffing, stuffed the mushrooms, shopped for the bread & pies, baked the pies, DH dusted the walls & ran the vacuum..the kids came over for dinner...After dinner I left to make a trip to JoAnn"s..they sent me coupon for an extra 30% off and it was burning a hole in my pocket..I bought some antipill fleece to make myself a jacket..I will rub a pattern from an old favorite of mine...some 1/2 yard pieces of Xmas fabric for a tree skirt I'd like to make for my son...I hope..came home at 9:30 p.m. cleaned up the kitchen a bit and now it's time for bed...
    It's good to hear positive conversation about the happenings in our lives...No, Carriem, haven't set a date yet..probably after the holidays...
    Happy Thanksgiving PC Riders!!! We have so much to be thankful for..I'm so happy to have all of you in my life...H.

We are happy to have you in our life, Honchey. Thanks for all that you have done for us.

We are all stuffed and sleeping it off here. Carrie's carrot dressing was a favorite at my table. Stuffing from the turkey was popular also. Sweet potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, gravy and the three salads completed the meal. The guys did up the dishes and we ladies sat back and relaxed. After doing up the dishes, men enjoyed the pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream. I will put away the last of the clean pans later. So thankful I have two refrigerators to hold the left overs. Since I was so busy with the turkey and dressing this morning, everyone got hers or his breakfast together...and it worked out well. And everyone was happy with the mid-day meal,and that made me feel good. Supper will be 'leftovers' heated up in Corningware divided plates.

Lin and Ken will leave in the morning and I will re-claim my quilt room, setting it up to sew. BF Susan and I will go to US Cellular and have a 'talk' with them about my dead phone and her bill that was confused again, for the fourth time, with her Mother's account. Life goes on. I think we re-set our scales back 20 pounds.

DD, DGSon & I started our day reeeeeal early. DGSon has an ear infection. We had ta take him ta the ER 'cause their insurance would only cover him if they went ta the ER. We knew that he probably had an ear infection yesterday but didn't want ta go & wait in the waitin room for about 3 or 4 hours. So we got a good night sleep & woke real early & were at the ER at 6:15. There was no one in the waitin' room! He got his ears checked & was sent home w/a Rx for an antibiotic & ear drops.
    Well we had all 25 people & we sat at 3 tables in the dinin' room & livin' room combo. Everybody brings several dishes & deserts. DH smoked the turkey while I made the dressin', gravy, green beans, & squash casserole. It was so nice not ta be all squished in a tiny house! DD made Humas (Sp?) & a cheesecake. She was so happy that I had a set o' spring board pans. It went real well! I wasn't worried about enough food the way we all do it. By each o' us bringin enough food for several meals we always have waaaay too much food.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Boy is my face ever red...I went to tweek the MB for December and found that I hadn't mailed the one for November yet....and I've had it made since last February right after we got the lists. It will go in the mail tomorrow.
    all if your Thanksgiving celebrations sounded so tasty. We spent a quiet day with leftover turkey from earlier this week.
    Mirabelle....I think you have to go with your heart and no guilt. It does look beautiful on your bed.
    Dubib...what a Thanksgiving for you....only one home and the car all paid for and room for a houseful to enjoy each other.
    carriem...you've been pretty busy sewing for not being able to do much. It will be nice to have everything sandwiched!
    QuiltE...hope you can get your week lassoed and in line and you don't have more surprises this week.
    Honchey...take care of your knee. It sounds like you have a really busy weekend coming.
    JanRN...snowy weather up your way. We've missed it entirely here but northern Indiana by the lake got a lot.
    Anael....thanks for the pictures. What a beautiful family you have. I'm sorry to hear about your oldest son. It has to be hard for all of you. Your surgery is this next week isn't it?
    i just got the fabric requirements for Michelle Fosters QALONG, Bonnie Hunter's Mystery starts tomorrow, and my QB just challenged us to have a quilt that we only work on when we're together. Am I ever glad I got as many flimsies done as I did this past month. I would have had another one done but the borders just didn't come together and I had to make a couple attempts before I liked the results. Maybe I can squeeze in a couple more days with it and put it in the flimsy box too.

Hello All

We had a good visit at my mom's today. Lots of laughing and great food. Small group this year (only 1 of my 3 sisters was there with her son, then our family of 5, my mom and her husband). I got all three quilts sandwiched...

Just in case anyone is interested, Quilt-Pro is a having a big sale for the next 24 hrs....50% off everything. I just got the 50 Stars and also Carol Doak's 40 Bright and Bold Stars for the regular price of one of them. If you are planning to resize your blocks from 12" this is an easy way to do it. http://www.quiltpro.com/

Carriem I just found the post for the 50 Stars, I am definitely going to join in.

Oksewglad only a small mishap and easily corrected, I am sure the recipient will love your block even if it is a little late. Only 2 more blocks on my design wall, I have thoroughly enjoyed making these mystery blocks.

Still undecided on the quilt for DD, I have made a start on the Bargello, sewn 209 x 1 1/2 inch strips so far with about 150 to go. So I am going to get off this computer and keep sewing
    Karen

Mirabelle, that quilt is made for you It's gorgeous!!
    OK, don't worry, just post the block and it's ok

Look what I got in the mail this morning from one of our dear PC friends! I can't stop laughing. It's on my designwall and I keep looking at it
    Name:  halloween panel (684 x 789).jpg
Views: 67
Size:  175.0 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anael that is too cute for words.. what a wonderful surprise.

Have just done a final count of strips and I have sewn 253 and need another 111, guess what I will be doing tomorrow????????????????? maybe the elves will come while I sleep
    Karen

Happy day after Thanksgiving everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful day. Remember, calories don't count on holidays.

It was quiet here, we're getting together Sunday, so I played around with the DearJane software and learned something awesome and found out it works with EQ7 blocks also. When printing foundation patterns, I didn't like how some of the sections were split on 2 pages of paper necessitating taping them together. You don't have to do that!!! When selecting Print, Foundation patterns go to options, set the size you want then hit Preview. At the top of the page in the Tool Bar is a tab "MOVE". Click on that. Hover your cursor over the section you want to move and drag it to a better spot. It works!! No more cutting & trying to line up the sewing and seam lines and taping. Hope this helps someone else (altho most of you may have already known this, just thought I'd share!)
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Isn't that a great feature Jan I love that one and I miss it with Foundation Factory. At least I can't find it there

Hope you'll have a great Sunday. I like QNS's suggestion of re-scaling 20 pounds down

I was going to quilt my Jelly Jam Roll quilt but my quilt inspector is very busy with that one! So I guess I'll have to find something else to do.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Jan,With EQ7 I found that out by accident!!!...I don't have the DJ software..I've been drawing the DJ blocks on EQ7..

Did everyone have a Good Holiday? My GS is on the floor in front of me playing with all sorts of little legos & trains...He's such a great kid!

Mirabelle-how's the new quilt coming along?

Jan--I was happy when I discovered that trick for printing!! I hated the idea of taping together those sections, plus there was so much waste of paper!

Honchey--have fun today with DGS. We have to make a trip to the lumber store. DH has a project started in the shop and needs a few things. He was going to go first thing this morning, but I reminded him about black Friday and that he *would not* want to be at the store before noon!!
    Anael--I couldn't find the option either...printing at 5" for each section (for 10" blocks) I can get each section on one page.

Wow, great hint Jan. I'm going to print those instructions off, so I can put it with my EQ manual. That has always been an annoyance for me too. Thank you!!!!!

I printed off the first clue for the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery. Going to spend the day "relaxing" in the sewing room cutting the fabrics for this section.

I really deserve this time sewing after being on my feet most of the last two days. Gosh it's the pits getting old(er)! I don't know how I did all of the Thanksgiving feast in one day's time when I was young. My daughter was here and we were busy all morning. Great feast with 14 for dinner, then my granddaughter, her boyfriend and my 8 month old great-granddaughter came for desert! These were the families with the oldest grandchildren (seven between the ages 24 to 17). Then I have three grandsons ages 12, 10, 8, and the four Phoenix grandchildren from 4 months to 9. Joe and I have six kids between us!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I am all set for a day of sewing, have the thermal cup of coffee ready, have the batteries ready for when I need a recharge (cause Honchey calls me the energizer bunny)

Also a pic of the bargello I am attempting to finish before Christmas, nothing like a little pressure..

If you don't hear from me you will know why
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Wow, Mirabelle, that is beeeeautiful! My bet is on you finishing it before Christmas.

My cell phone battery got charged today at the US Cellular store, and phone is working again for today.

I downloaded Bonnie Hunter's clues for Celtic Sunrise....dreaming on that I can get into my sewing room now and work in there. Just piling up those UFOs and ignoring them.

The guys started on the Canned Fruit Shelves in the garage....and found themselves trying to 'square' up with the wall and found it impossible, so the front is two and half inches wider that the back, the 'studs' in the ceiling is not in agreement with the studs in the wall in alinement. So much for the talent of those who built our house.

I got my orange fabrics cut for the 1st part of the Celtic Sunrise mystery. Now I'm getting ready to go to the Ventura College Women's Basketball Tournament game at 6:00 p.m. (1st of their tournament) Maybe I can get the white cut out when I get home. She gave great videos on her instruction page on using the Tri-Rec's rulers and how to sew them. I have not used them in years, so was glad of the videos!

Mirabelle - that is an amazing quilt for your DD! Wow, how big are those squares????

Just checking in..

JeanieG the strips are cut at 1 1/2 inches and the largest cut I make from the strips is 2 inches so not very big

77 strips to go
    Karen

Jeanie--sounds like you got a good start on the mystery quilt.

Mirabelle--that looks like a very ambitious quilt, but I am sure you can get it done.

QNS--were you able to get the sewing room all set up and start cutting fabrics today? Walls that aren't square can be so frustrating!!

No, Carrie, we still have company and we had to go over to their house today and feed the outside dog and cat there, and do errands in town; like, get my cell phone working and it is; stopped check made out to Magtag repair man 'cause the refrigerator is not working and I told them so.; pick up the cement glue and nails for the guy's project in the garage that did not get delivered with the order.

Come home and wash up the breakfast mess (Wowers! how can so few use soooo much silverware), fix lunch, re-pack the Thanksgiving leftovers the way I told dh to do when he called me on the road that the Mag tag refrigerator had quit. Roast the pork shoulder and the small 3 pound turkey roasts...two of them. Washed up all that mess. Line the slow cooker, de-bone the pork shoulder roast and put it in the slow cooker with Cookies BBQ sauce to slow cook all night. I had put a dry rub on the pork shoulder on the morning of Thanksgiving and put it back in the Maytag Refrigerator. We sampled the pork shoulder and my bf said she is bringing her two down for me to cook up for her. According to her, I excelled the apple pork roast recipe.

Kitchen is officially closed for the night. Tomorrow I bake bread. Maybe sweet rolls and do laundry. Its another NEW day.

HI, I thought I received my MB for this month until I got one in the mail today from JanRN!!!! ...It is so pretty. it will go well with all my other blocks...I do have a problem tho...I have taken a photo but I still can't find the usb card reader for the card..I will try to find it again before I go to work tomorrow..
    I got emails from Carol Doaks website and bought 2 downloads @ 50% off..stencils and the 40 stars? I don't remember..I have so much on my mind lately I can't think straight!!

Mirabelle, that Bargello is dynamite!! It would drive me crazy tho..all those waves!

I see that we all had a good Thanksgiving...DH & I went to Sam's Club & bought a new TV today..The one we have still works but takes forever to to start up..I think the start board is shot...Just had to make sure we have one when it finally goes.. I snuck in a tablet at the check out while DH was rolling the cart out to the car... He did see it when we got home..Him: "You bought a Tablet???" Me: "Yeah, Take it out of my paycheck !!". He never buys anything for himself...I am at an age where if we can afford it and I want it I will get it....Now I have to figure out how to use it...If I don't like using it I'm sure the other members of my family will enjoy it when they're here...
    Well, it's that time of the night where I need to wind down & go to bed..Work tomorrow...H.

Here's hoping that you all enjoyed your turkeys and festivities yesterday!
    And for those that ventured out today, that you were not trampled!

There were several Black Friday Sales here ... to try to keep our people home and buy local instead of doing cross-border shopping (I'm about a 2 hour drive from the border). I noticed one company had Red Thursday yesterday, with Black Friday weekend to follow. From the news tonight, none of the mania south of the border ... and too, none of the ridiculously low prices, but still some good deals.

I went to a Black Friday sale this afternoon at the Jobber where I buy a lot of my fabric plus just about anything else you want can be purchased there. Anything with black, was 50% off (excluding packaging, and selvage on the fabrics). Their advertisement said, it only had to have a speck of black and it was in ... so that made room for lots of fabrics that while not "black", they do have some, don't they? Looked like a lot of B+W quilts are going to be made, from the bolts that had been pulled, but not re-shelved as well as a lot of Christmas fabrics. I got a couple of pieces of black I wanted/needed; some cow spotted fleece and a new olfa 6"x12" ruler! Not a lot of people there, but they were busier than normal.

CarrieM ... I sure would like to join your 50 Stars, but I vowed I was going to get my WIPs/PhDs in line. I'm still committed to doing the Spikes, even though I have not started. I think that will be a Christmas time project for me. Then there is DJ that has been calling. So I will miss out on fun on the Starship Enterprise!!! Good for you for getting those sandwiches made! Just might be a new family tradition!

MiraB ... good grief ... nothing like a super detailed challenge to "whip" up! With your Christmas being a week later due to MrMiraBs work schedule, does this mean that you have an extra week to work on it? Hope so!!

Anael ... wonder where that came from? Perhaps those two kitties are KK and his alter-ego PP!!!!! ... and here you are laughing at it!

Me? ... tired ... thus why the few replies here! Alas ... I can say that McFr♥sty is done ... except for his label and wood hanging bar. My home and Christmas tree are both decorated. Now tomorrow the original Fr♥sty will return to his owners. We're meeting 1/2 way for a lunch GTG and I'll do some shopping. Then home again and get in gear to get all the last minute To Do's done, and suitcase packed before I leave on Sunday. Too busy ... but I am SO thankful that the Christmas things are done now ............ except I still have all my wreaths and swags to make when I come back. At least, that's ALL and my extra time can be spent gaining my sanity .... via sewing!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Hey Ya'll I see we all have been busy! I went w/Dh while he test drove a new truck. We drove it ta Odessa & back. (About a 30 min drive.) At first my back seemed ta be fine, but about 5 min.s after I got out o' the truck, my back acted up. After that DD & I went shoppin for a bit. We went ta Handcock Fabrics. I spent $37 & saved $55. One o' the things I got was a June Taylor HST & QST ruler for half price. When we got home I pulled it out & showed DD how it worked & she then wished that she had picked one up for her DMIL for Christmas. If they still have it at half price tamarrow I'll pick it up & mail it ta her. After we got home several family members were here ta pick up their leftovers. They stayed alot longer than I expected. We didn't even start puttin the tree up till after 7:30. I wanted ta do that while the DGK's were here. Ya should have seen 'em wrappin' themselves up in the garland & runnin' through the house. LOL After the kids were in bed DD & I went through a box w/loose leaf pages o' recipes that had been DMIL's. I then had #2 DSon copy the ones she wanted.
    At one point my DH's cousin called ta talk ta DH & we didn't git ta the phone soon enough, so he started ta leave a message. (DH went ta the other room & talked ta him after that.) When DD heard his voice it sounded like my DFIL's voice ta her & she started missin' her DGDad all over again. We got busy puttin the ornaments on the tree after that & she felt better.
    They will pack up & leave tamarrow. This house will feel a bit quiet after that for sure. At least I'll have my quiltin' ta do.

PS I found my Nov MB hadn't been mailed yet either. Another thing DD & I did was git it in the mail taday. I sent it express ta make up for it & it should be there on Mon. I'll send Anael a pict o' it, for approval, as I did git it taken taday also.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 295 of 542 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 294 295 296 305 345 395 ... LastLast