Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 08-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Anael wonderful hot air balloons, but have you been playing with your new skills, or am I seeing things. Is one upside down??? Maybe I need new glasses..

QNS I won't see DD until next Thursday and that is the day I will drop off my machine to be fixed and the following Thursday DD will pick it up for me and bring it home. Friday the 6th is the day we head to retreat. I can straight sew on my Singer just can't quilt anything and I can still do embroidery so not all bad, just frustrating.

Bev I love your blocks, another three made well done.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Yeah Karen I was going to ask the same thing--topsy turvy ride maybe.

Oh I recognize a couple of fabrics dublb! I thought they would work perfectly in your quilt and look they do!

Okay back to the garden weeds!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM

Yes OK ya sent 'em w/the first MB. I really Love 'em. They were awesome!!! Look how wonderful they ago!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 PM

No sewing today. I went to the Hatched in Africa trunk show. Amazing, beautiful designs. I'll get the CD in the mail ASAP, QNS. My MB is in the mail to......?
Anael...I've always wanted to go hot air ballooning! Did you go up?
Mirabelle....I think you need a backup machine so you can spread out the work load. You do put a lot of hours on yours every day.
Dubib....good to see that you are getting some sewing in. Life must be settling down just a little for you.
Tomorrow I need to pay attention to the garden and do a little cooking. I will do some sewing. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM

Just got home from the Quilting Expo and found this awesome block from Anne arrived. It's called Wild Zinnias from QuiltersCache. I absolutely love it!!!! Thank you, Anne.[ATTACH=CONFIG]431748[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mb-anne.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Absolutely WOW!!! That is an awesome block Honchey made for Jan! I love it too!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Oh Jan , you have no idea how much I like this block...I almost kept it for myself!!! I told all of you that it was "Spectacular"...Hahaha... When I first saw it I said to myself this would be great in Jan's colors but I was torn about the red in it...I thought it would be too much..but the "WOW" when I colored it in was great... Enjoy!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM

Karen--I am so sorry to hear about your machine!

QNS--happy kitties are good. Our cat just meows and hits her bowl around when she wants fed! DS has her food bowl in his room (so the dogs stay out of it). He often gets woke up to her noise.

Anael--those hot air balloons look like fun ones. I too wondered if you had done some "photo magic" on the first picture, but am thinking the basket is just hidden in the "top" of the balloon.

Bev--great new PC blocks...probably feels good to sew again and take a little break here and there from the process of moving.

Honchey--great block for Jan...that is another one I thought about using for someone's MB. Good thing there are lots of free blocks to choose from.

No sewing today...woke up around 6 after what I thought was a good night's sleep. After DH and DD left I did my shoulder exercises and I ended up going back to sleep for almost another 2 hours! So school went later into the day and then I had to pick DD up at school to take her to an appt and we didn't get home until after 5:30. At least tomorrow *should* be a day I get to stay home all day!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:59 PM

Quiet evening...any other MB's received today???
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 AM

WOW that block is drop dead gorgeous, certainly has that wow factor, now give us a look at all your blocks JanRN we need eye candy.

I have been busy working along on my Singer today, managed to get the third Spike block made, I would love to share but I don't want to spoil the surprise, you'll have to wait till September.

Now I have to do some more work in my sewing room, have been pressing and folding the fabric that came last week and trying to find a place for it in my cupboard