Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 535 of 542 FirstFirst ... 35 435 485 525 534 535 536 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    QND glad you are able to be here again.

Oksewglad that looks yummy.

JanRN that is hilarious, but though people have big gardens in my area it's true here too.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    LOL, Jan...I should've taken a picture of the black garbage bag full....

Went to an elderly neighbor's visitation today..sad as the sons do not get along...she was a very kind woman..I always used to get my eggs from her and had to plan an hour's visit because you couldn't just "stop and go"...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    LOL, Jan...I should've taken a picture of the black garbage bag full....

Went to an elderly neighbor's visitation today..sad as the sons do not get along...she was a very kind woman..I always used to get my eggs from her and had to plan an hour's visit because you couldn't just "stop and go"...
    Last edited by oksewglad; 07-08-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Yummy veggies, Gladdie. Can you share your cream of broccoli soup recipe?
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm scared of Windows 10. It kept popping up, asking if I wanted to upgrade to it. I always said 'no'. One time it finally quit asking and just downloaded itself onto my computer! I panicked, but when it got to the 'set up' part, I was able to CANCEL and DECLINE it, and it hasn't bothered me again. The nerve!
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html

I'm scared of Windows 10. It kept popping up, asking if I wanted to upgrade to it. I always said 'no'. One time it finally quit asking and just downloaded itself onto my computer! I panicked, but when it got to the 'set up' part, I was able to CANCEL and DECLINE it, and it hasn't bothered me again. The nerve!

I went to another Row by Row shop today and picked up a pattern, but not sure if I will make this one or maybe just trade it with somebody. It's from the Sit n' Rock Quilt Shop in Oxford MS. I am in Memphis tonight and tomorrow I will visit three quilt shops here, plus the Hancock's Fabrics that are closing. Sew Memphis has a row that has Graceland in the center, and Elvis to the side. Not going to make that either, but I will buy a license plate. Hope to get to Marshall's Dry Goods in AR on Monday. That's an all day trip from Memphis and will wear me out!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi Everyone, I'm finally settled in after a nightmare of a return home..It took us 2 days because of all the accidents & heavy traffic..
    I checked with my local quilt shop and they have a good supply of the "Quiltinator" license plates... now I need to know how many want them for the exchange...Please let me know ASAP...I'm getting 9 of them..that should cover the amount needed here.

I don't like windows 10..It takes more clicks to get where I need to go.. It also downloaded itself without me realizing it..
    It rained here yesterday and broke the heatwave.. finally able to breathe outside..it's still very humid tho..

I'm off to the quilt shop.... Have a good day all...H.

I agree with everyone who doesn't like Windows 10!
    My shop hop bus ride with 50 women was 7am to 7pm today and I'm glad to be back home. I think it's not my kind of shopping experience. I'd much prefer to drive myself here and there with my sister. It was nice to be offered 20% off because I came on the bus-- but I sometimes find ordinary sale prices that seem to be a good enough deal. I've got the Michigan license plates from my local shop, so please send me your mailing address if you want one. (QNS sent her's already.) I do not want a license plate trade!!! I would rather you please send some fabric scraps for trade, ok? :-)

Blog Entries
    I've never been on a bus trip....but think the time you have in a shop is limited...sure makes for a busy work force when a bus comes through. Ask me how I know...time to head out for work...have a good one yinz....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Rec'd my license plate today from SBG--cute! I mailed mine out this morning so when yinz receive them please let me know.

OK is working in a LQS with a bus load of quilters more difficult than working with your cows? I'd guess yes LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I am back again because cannot log in on new computer due to failure of any help from those who administrate this site.

So guess I was not suppose to buy a new computer and deal with changing passwords to log on the new computer. In a week even if busy the techs or Patricia J should have helped me, I would think.

SBG, I got your 'License' and love it. I have all mine sorted and into addressed envelopes ready to post. I will post them as soon as I can. More will come later....as I am travelling on the 29th with two other quilters.

Then darling daughter comes on, and fixes the password so I can type from my new computer and have all my contacts back for emails. How I love her and her abilities to work the computer knowledge that she has...

Blog Entries
    Sounds like DD is a treasure, QNS....

Jan...in some circumstances it would be a toss up.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

If you do Face book, this group is really good at quilts they do: Millefiori/La PassacagliaI guess you could 'google' them in a search.

Gladdie, thank you so much for typing out the broc soup recipe! Going to try that.

Hooray for your daughter, QNS!

I just took possession of my new car tonight. It's so overwhelming, signing away the next 5 years of your life. And when I took everything out of the old car (that I have LIVED out of for the last 10 years and 204,000 miles) I felt so guilty leaving it there, like I was abandoning one of my children. I really have loved that car. Why did it have to get old?

The new car is beautiful, but it's going to take me a long time to feel like it's mine. Am I strange to feel overwhelmed and sort of sad?

Blog Entries
    No, B, when you have a possession that long you leave a part of you in it...it's like a shirt your father wore made into a quilt. Lucky for us we kept our old car and is used as a go between the farm car...remember our son does have that 5 kids and that's a cramped pickup full...at first I was a little disheartened as I watched it fill up with dirt from muddy boots and bits of straw and cottonseed from the haymow and c-seed bay; but it's being put to good use..

Been sewing tonight...have a Bonnie Hunter leaders&enders quilt on the design wall to get finished...in between working on a mini rainbow quilt.
    Name:  IMG_20160709_1119536_rewind_kindlephoto-6382143.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  575.2 KB. I have four rows sewn. Working on the sashes and cornerstones of row 5. Used 2" strips and squares from the 2" bin. Garnered the HST'S from the triangle box.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Love that wonderful scrappy, Gladdie, and thank you for the comforting words.

I love my old cars too and hate saying 'goodbye' to them. Also sold our old 2000 van when I quit driving, but held on to it when insurance was going to raise when we did not have two cars... and we might need a back-up if anything happened to our 'new' used car with all wheel drive. Dh found he still love to drive it the best.Guess even if it was my van he loved it too...

Re-loading computer programs this morning, making forward movements...quilt programs. Smiling on this Tuesday morning as it rained all night and today. Progress...

Cars and liking them! Yes, I guess that runs in my family... My father had a red '64 Triumph convertible. It got old and he sold it to a friend where he worked, thinking to buy a new car. But then, he missed it, and asked to buy it back. So his friend, seeing he really missed the car, sold it back to him. Then he kept it the rest of his life. He garaged it in the winters, and replaced the dash with a custom old one that he built himself. It was impeccable, a parade car, and it went to my cousin when my father died. I had a '78 Toyota pick-up that ran super, but it was so rusted out on the sides that chunks of rust fell off it if we slammed the doors. So I sold it to one of my son's friends for $50. He lived in the country and wanted a vehicle to run around in his back field. A few years later, I decided I'd like to try to get the body replaced on it, and asked him if I could buy it back, but he'd trashed it...

QNS, your computer trials make me smile. Probably, we've all been there, done that! Slow but sure, you will get back 'up to snuff.'
    Last edited by givio; 07-12-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Watching the young orioles fight over the nectar feeder...they are so clumsy, too. One can't seem to find the opening and is searching all over the feeder ...they sing so lovely...meanwhile the hummers are dive bombing as they pass by...lol doesn't take much to entertain me some days..
    Good to hear that rain has fallen, QNS...we have gotten adequate moisture th is summer..in fact the last field of hay has gotten washed twice now, which lowers feed quality...if it gets too wet it doesn't dry out and turns into a rotten mess..it's a real bummer when you have to go in and chop it back onto the ground. If you leave it in rows (swathes) it will smother the hay underneath and you don't get regrowth.

Have the 5th row sewn and the first 4 sewn together...yeah 2 more to go...also have the narrow brown border pieced...waiting on the outer border to see how wide I can go with what I have...this is a stash quilt...the sashing is also the backing, bought when Wal-Mart had decent fabrics on flat folds years ago...I know I moved it from the old house 9 years ago...so time to use it up.

Better move..work at noon, so better get something done beforehand.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Oksewglad, that is so pretty.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

We are back in Midland & the air conditioner is out. Called the repairman. I sure hopes he comes soon. It is supposed to get up to 105* today. It is only 95* right now. LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb, I hope he comes quickly for your sake.

OK, another wonderful project you are doing on top of everything else you do so well.

hot, ..hot, hot here in longwood florida, I can't stand to go outside..staying in and painting..lovely quilt Ohsew and lots of work....

Page 535 of 542 FirstFirst ... 35 435 485 525 534 535 536 ... LastLast