Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 AM

Anael--I too really like your quilting. Someday, just maybe, I will be able to do som FMQ...so far just SITD and outlining. I am getting a little bored of that. Here is the link to the Medallion thread I am following along with: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...g-t236801.html
Old 01-02-2014, 07:05 AM

Thanks Carrie! I read that thread shortly after it was first posted but didn't go there again. I will do so now!

Do you all remember my Funky Chicken quilt? That is on my UFO list as well and today I started quilting the think. Just echoing the chickens and SID. Lots of work though! Will keep me busy for a while
Old 01-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Honchey ... brrrrrrrr! That's about what it is here right now, at -19C with a feels like of -30C. And it is to get worse yet! We don;t have it this way all the time, but it seems this winter is going to continue to be brutish! As to how to deal with it, we just do! (with some whining added in!!!!)

Anael ... Cute! Now you have to make one for Bram too! Great job on Swirly Rosie! Your swirls are so even ... great start to a quilty New Year! Looks like you have some fun going on now with the Funky Chickens!

CarrieM ... Beautiful block to showecase all those lovely batiks! You are off to a great start for your RR

MiraB ... oh sure, show us how FEW you have!!! You've got me doing project boxes now. Some are just planned projects, never started, but lets me accumulate the fabrics or extra pattern ideas all together. So as I find something to add, it just slides in and is organized. I was so proud of myself yesterday as I worked on my ancient D4P as I kept putting the fabrics and parts back in the box in between use! Wonder how long this concept of organization will last?

Take care everyone ........... stay warm!!
Of course, that goes for you too MiraB ... don;t turn that a/c up too high!!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Hi, Do any of you follow the free blocks from Quiltpro.com...they have a block of the day and it's free to anyone...it seems there's a fascination with little blocks lately and I'm wondering if we, as a group would like to do some and see where it goes..I'm going to check with the site to see what I can or cannot post first...Think about it ...
Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 AM

Anael...your quilting is beautiful!
QuiltE...it's about 20 degrees here with lazy snow. So beautiful and I don't have to go anywhere and the house is warm so I am enjoying it.
Honchey...I see the SYE for January is up. Thanks. I'll post the first block soon.
Carrie...what a gorgeous medallion quilt you will have.
Mirabelle...so 10 is the magic number? Are you counting flimsies or do you even believe in them and get everything quilted right away?
i have about half of BH's mystery quilt blocks together. I love how it's turning out. I have begun to kit up blocks using up scraps and those "what was I thinking" pieces that just never go away. There are times I just want to sew and I do love piecing. I am ready to get serious with my appliqué project. I finally decided on the main colors so it's time to trace the pattern and start sewing.
Have a good day!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Thank you all ! ! !
8 Chickens down, 4 to go and all the SID and sashing. More coffee
Old 01-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Anne, I love those little blocks and have been making a lot of them. The Christmas ornament blocks were really cute. Of course they end up in The Box; can't decide what to do with them. Would welcome suggestions.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:30 PM

I have ask and ended up sending a bunch to GG and some to OksewGlad. If they are not too busy, they might tell you yes or no...or check out the other areas of QB for charitable gifting. Both are very busy folks, so they may have their hands full.

Not sure of that site, Honchey...one does require you to join to get the free stuff...no charge, but you do have to check out to get the free pattern. I have so many resources in my home, I am not purchasing very many or looking for any more these days. And my platter of plans is getting very full; but I would consider working in a few with the group action if that is what they want to do.

It was soooo cold this morning , the ducks came out and went back in their house.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:44 PM

Honchey I checked out QuiltPro website and the blocks looks similar to FWS, but have joined anyway so will get the daily e-mails, so if we decide to do anything I will be good to go

QuiltE I knew I could get you organised I love my project boxes (plastic containers really) everything is together and nothing gets lost (or used for other projects)

GGal I have no flimsies, got all my quilt tops quilted and bound before Christmas so I get to start the New Year off with an almost clean slate. My ufo's are really wip's as they are nowhere near completion. So I am just plodding along

Here is a very bad photo of my Round Robin quilt. I made the centre block and DD decided on fabric and design for the rest. When she told me I had to add the limey green strip to my block I said "no way" but she said "trust me Mum" and that was pretty much the conversation for this whole quilt. And as you can see we used rose fabrics imagine that. I love this quilt and get to look at it every day.
Attached Thumbnails dscf0763.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 03:57 PM

I forgot to mention that it is hot here hot hot hot. 36 celcius which is 96.8 Fahrenheit but not as hot as where I used to live. According to the weather reports it is hitting 45 there today which is 113 Fahrenheit. Gee I miss my pool....