Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-04-2014, 09:28 PM

I think I finished 2013 off with a bang so am sliding slowly into 2014. All my projects are really half done so not a lot going on, unless you want to count the 3 Blankets of Love I have made, they are only 26 inches square so a small distraction.

So I have 8 Sylvia blocks, 3 Fab Stars, 10 Spike Blocks. Started another BOM from a blog I follow, made those 2 blocks today. Have 28 more stars to make and my Scrappy Stars will be an almost finish, started a Kaleidoscope for DD, made 2 blocks only 14 to go its going to be lap quilt. So have been busy, just that there is nothing to show for it YET!!!!!
So a Christmas gift for QuiltE, maybe a kit, maybe some yummy fabric, don't keep us in suspense we need to know

Missed you too DDamsel and beautiful blocks made for JanRN.

QNS you are also starting off the New Year with a bang, lots happening in your sewing room
Old 01-05-2014, 06:53 AM

It is so good to be able to see again, Mirabelle! Right eye is seeing 300 percent better, hard to believe it was that bad. And since I spent so many $$$$$ on sewing tables and machines last year, I am going to enjoy everyone of them this year...especially when its so cold outside and we have to spend $$$$ keeping our 'barn' house warm. Have the stash, have a gallon of Best Press on hand and away I go...in ten different directions!

May have to unsubscribe to a few more quilt-letters, 'cause I am NOT spending $ on any special fabric 'deal' for a while...$ that I do not have. FabShopHop notified me of winning $10. in last October's hop...I wrote the Quilted Crow and passed the winning certificate on to the next person...nothing in my budget for that this month...the shops do the drawings to bring in more monies, with that money amount it never goes very far, and they are hoping to get ten fold back for their efforts of advertisement.

Cold weather and its effects is affecting our visits to QB PC site...less talk here than usual. Stay save and warm everyone , and have a good day.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:39 AM

You've got some beautiful blocks Jan!

QNS, it's great you're having your eye sight back! I don't know how it is not seeing well and I hope I never find out!

It's unusual warm here while it's unusual cold in the US. I went for a ride on my bike today, was great but I was glad to be home again. I've been quilting the next UFO, only needs binding.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 AM

GoodMorning Ladies

NinaSue!!! the kids devoured your snacks!!! there is only two little pieces of fudge left THANK YOU!!! for all you do

Jan, Im glad your blocks arrived safely and you LIKE them

I have been sewing like crazy but have accomplished nothing! I get started on one thing and then have to pack it up and quit! I did lay out and number every block of PC so now I can sew it together, BB is almost done, I was working on two quilts for my nieces, and ran out of steam a seam and I dont think it is to be had in town... so quit for now. I have ALL of my Just takes two ready to go, except a couple of applique blocks I have to wait on.... SO yesterday I started another... SIGH!!!! I made a Medallion center it is SO pretty! why do I feel so guilty?

Have a good one ladies!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

DDamsel-sometimes life is like that. I know all about interruptions--there's a 4 yo waiting to get on the computer here! Earlier it was "Please Gram--a cup of cocoa." Oh what fun blocks to Jan, too.

And I'm trying to get rid of UFO's--but I get so side tracked. QNS--how do you go 10 directions at once!! But what a treat to really see where you are going now! Are you getting snow? Think GGal will be in the path too.

I liked making the note cards for my QB's at Christmas--so made a few more. Here's the link:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t238150.html

Okay now to fix some food--what goes with hamburger---ooh chili would be good for today as the temps continue to plummet.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:20 AM

Good Afternoon All, My plans have changed and I won't have to wait until the end of Jan. to go south...DH & I are leaving this Thursday for hopefully an extended stay..6 wks or more...I'll have internet while I'm down there thanks to my very nice new neighbor...I have to start packing...
Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM

I finished my UFO, 4 off the list I will take pictures tomorrow, it's too dark now.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:22 PM

Anywhere it is warmer, Honchey, its a good place to be. Poor fowl are all too cold, we have done what we can to ease the cold with some warmth into their houses with 75 watt bulbs.

OKsewGlad, its creamy chicken and noodle time here...but not with chicken meat. Its a pork shoulder I cooked...it cost me about $10.00 at Wal Mart, and we have had four or five meals off of it, and still have half the meat in the refrigerator. Chopped up the fresh fruit from Christmas into a fresh fruit salad.

DD, if you look closer, there should be some 'quilty' stuff in that box. At least two or three things were in every box this year. I believe that Ok and GG got the small 'crystal light' squares I had picked up on our Iowa Shopping Days. About 10 whole column of a pin-selection were included in some, and 8 yellow pin cushions and several different quilt patterns in others. Still no word from the one sent to Australia...hope the plane did not dive into the ocean.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Sneaking on here and hoping I can get my "fix" without those annoying and dangerous pop ups.

Is no one else getting them??

Honchey.... it;s the hand quilting needles that I am interested in trying, two points with the eye in the middle. Being that I have not mastered hand quilting, I don;t have that learned skill to get in the way, and want to give them a try. Most here just look at me as though I am green and the rest say, no we don;t sell them.

Will disappear now and try to catch up on a few other threads first, just in case the nasties show again.

Stay Warm everyone ............ except for MiraB and Anael, looks like you don;t have any problems with that, right now!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:05 PM

QuiltE, what browser are you using? I downloaded Adblock + to firefox because I couldn't stand those horrible toe fungus ads. No ads popping up since I did that.

As for your hand quilting needles, I think these are what you are talking about.
http://www.quilting-warehouse.com/no...inpointed.html

I have been happily sewing along on my Irish Mist quilt until today. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, measured several times and I believe my cutting is correct, but the two pieces I am supposed to join just do not fit. Grrrr. I googled and found several blogs where the people have successfully made the quilt, no mention of problems at this step so it must be me. I have an SOS out to my buddy QNS who is making this along with me. I feel so stupid. Hope she comes along soon so I can have a bang my forehead moment when she sets me straight.

Time to put it aside and go read as it is really bitter here today.