Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

JanieW and Honchey ... so nice to see "Just Friends"! A cute Little Miss for a perfect addition to Honchey's old time style blocks!

JanieW ...
what a great "surprise" for you! And such a neat story!! Maybe make DIL a wall hanging or runner with that ruler, so that you can "keep" your TW quilt! I really like that fresh sense to your Irish Mist!! Good for you to be ready to step into your Waltz right away!

DDamsel ... Your OOPs is too funny! I like the B+W with the rainbow fabric. Agree, you should definitely make a mini. It'd be a cute little dolly quilt! What great memories you and your sister are sure to have with Grandma's clothing quilt! Glad that you are getting more familiar with your "new" machine! The more you use it, the better your quilting will become. So take that extra time in your day from not driving the kids to school and use it for quilting!

OKSGlad ... Looks familiar! I've been kind of glad that my home is sheltered as much as it is. I often say that the bad part is that I often don't know what is happening in the "real" world, as I cannot see because of the trees around the edge of my property. And that "real" world might be as near as across the road, being that it is all open farm fields! And too, it's sure been nice to be working from home right now, and only need to leave home minimally for work, post office or for survival rations!!

QNSue ... sometimes it's time to set a project aside, but don;t stuff it in a box as you are so close to the end. Just go and make a DJ or two (or six?) and come back to your Irish Mist tomorrow.

DublB ... did you check your Junk Email Box? Sometimes they deflect there. You mentioned your PC ... how is it coming?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
............DD you need a larger eye needle so that the thread passes thru easily when going thru the fabric.. the thread pulls tight and snaps when there isn't enough room for it to glide smoothly..............
DD .... larger eye, also the longer groove that comes out from the eye (forget what they call that?) Try some of the other types of needles .... universal, quilting, embroidery, topstitch and I am sure there are more.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
I'm still not gittin' my e-mails! Not even for the PM's. I did git my QB digest. I usually don't have time for the digest but that's the only e-mail I'm gittin'!!! Grrrrrr
Well I worked on my ladybug blocks late inta the night last night. They are PP. I want ta think ya'll for all I have learned sewin' w/ya'll. I'd have never learned ta PP if it hadn't been for the ya'll & the PC! I was thinkin' as I sewed last night that the single most educational project for me has been the PC, & that I'd have given up on the first few blocks if it hadn't been for Ya'll. Huggs
I agree totally dublb - I would never had tried PP if not for this group either! And look, now we use it all the time!

DD - I use nothing but Superior Topstitch 90/14 needles when I am quilting with my 1500. They are titanium needles and last a really long time.

Last edited by JeanieG; 01-29-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:36 PM

Thanks Ladies your wisdom is PRICELESS
Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 PM

The Quilt Branch is taking a look at my Irish Mist to see where I goofed up. I offered to sent it to her for a closer look at my mistakes. She says she will call me, so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I told her there was no hurry on it.

Meanwhile, I can 'catch up' on other pursuits; working on Arkansas Star, then on to other WIP. On Friday, I will start cutting out the TW...if I can decide on which fabric to use. It's nice to be able to stay at home and sew and not worry about the weather outside. Let it snow and blow; I am comfortable in front of my sewing machine.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:18 PM

QNS - have your chickens managed to survive all this snow and ice? Poor things!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Jeanie, no snow here...chicken house has the heater which lead to the ducks driving all the chickens out so they could enjoy the heat! And there is a heat light in the guineas and the ducks 'tractor. It was so nice in the guinea A-frame a possum came to stay in the upper level. Dh had to dispose of the possum, then the guineas did not want to go back into their A-frame...so tonight we urge them all to go into the Hen House and try to train them to all get along there. Dh claims he is working with 'bird brains'!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:12 PM

Hi everyone
Oksewglad can I come play in your snow ????
I have read all the posts but unfortunately don't have a lot of time to spend on the computer. The tropical low has just been classified as a Cyclone and due to hit the coast just south of us around 4 tomorrow morning. At the moment it is only a Category 1 but that could change during the night.
The experts are predicting about 8 to 10 inches of rain with wind gusts up to 150kilometres an hour, so we could have localised flooding, not where we live thank goodness but it will close down our little town.
We are as ready as we can be, having spent the last 2 days just tidying up and putting things away etc etc and tonight we will be turning off and unplugging all the electrical stuff.
Will chat to you all when I can.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:05 PM

Janie, your Irish Mist is beautiful! Great story on the rulers

DD, the OOPs is great, I love those fabrics! Grandma's clothing quilt, that's lovely. Great memories

Mirabelle, stay safe!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:12 AM

Anael, I am sorry I did not sent a picture of the MB to you for approval this time; it will be in its new home today, so hope the receiver will post the picture.

Yes, Mirabelle please stay safe. When Hurricanes were coming ashore in Texas, I just wanted it to come and be over with, the waiting was the hardest to do.

Everyone stay warm (or cool) and have a good day.