Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 AM

GG, I love your idea of placing all blocks!! It's wonderful and such a great memory.

QNS, congrats! Lots of baby quilts in the future
Old 02-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

A project for Anael to showcase her beautiful knitting!

Janie scored the scrappy block, didn't she DDamsel.

Binky Patrol is a national organization to give kids a blanket to hold onto. Most of the ones we have done go to a local Roanld McDonald's House. The "block" was a typo. One of our guild members is so prolific with donated fabrics. She's made about 100 tops since last summer. Most are 40 x 50-60 inches. She's very clever with what she gets and has a great artistic sense. She started quilting when she retired about 4 years ago!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...61725948,d.cGU

I chickened out this morning--was to go to a meeting and with the mist on my windshield and snow packed gravel roads, I turned around. Don't need to slip sliding down my hills around as storm slides north. Could get 4-8" of ********** and then 40-50 mph winds. Just what we need. All local schools closed before it hit. DH is hoping for March to come in like a lion so it will go out like a lamb.

Chili's on the stove, fresh bread in the bread maker. Onto the sewing room!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:06 AM

Anael, my haul from yesterday's FART for I SPY:[ATTACH=CONFIG]463512[/ATTACH]Going bananas! How many can you cut out 3.5 inches out of one half yard? One fourth, or one fat quarter? 11 pieces in the group.

OK, our snow is gone, gone, gone, and its raining here with lightning and thunder...wet, wet, wet.
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0139.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 PM

OK my KK would be very happy

QNS, lovely fabrics. But if you want them big enough for the templates the squares have to be 5" instead of 3.5". I thought you wanted to shop your stash? Don't ask me to choose, I love them all!!

It's raining here too but that's nothing new Feels like it has been raining for months now!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:35 PM

I should have dropped a quarter or nickel on the fabric so you could see the size of the novelty print...no, you do not have to choose, Anael, they are all going into a box and arrive at your doorstep...but no promises on when they get shipped out..fabric ranges in fat quarter up to three or four pieces that are half yards. The three quilt shops did not have a good selection for little girls, so I got what was on your list, except the bananas...because I knew you had great 'appeal' I threw those into the bundle.

Our ducks love this rainy weather...it quacks them up.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

DDamsel and JanieW ... a perfect block for DDs menagerie. Though I can't spot the chubby kitty?

DDamsel ... yea for Sugar!! Is Hercules the Puppy Daddy?

Anael ... now there's a knitting project that'll keep you busy for a bit! Rain ... better than snow, and cold!

OKSGlad ... so is that your chair sweater? Thanks for the Binky info ... a good sewing mission for your church group! Your DH, ever the optimistic farmer ... planning for the coming season.

QNSue ... looks like you are already planning baby quilts with that new I Spy fabric!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:38 PM

Here is my beautiful block from Gardnergal, and a photo of all the blocks. Around the edges are the little 6" blocks that I made with the same pattern I made for everyone. I have four more to make. The Pineapple Block is one I made for Gardnergal, and realized that the color was suppose to be in the corners, so I made her another one and kept the one I made wrong.

I am almost finished with my Bonnie Hunter Celtic Solstice. I have the pieced border finished and one side sewn on. I cannot believe how accurate those pieced borders are. They just fit beautifully! Then one more solid border to sew on after the pieced ones. This is the fourth BH Mystery I have done, and I have finished all of them sooner than this one! And, this is the easiest one so far!!! Gosh, the older I get, the slower I get!

I'm a couple weeks behind on the 50 Fabulous Stars Blocks, and several blocks behind on the Spike your English Blocks. I hope I can get caught up soon!
Attached Thumbnails img_0080.jpg   img_0083.jpg  

Last edited by JeanieG; 02-20-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:27 PM

Excellent, GardenGal, a California Star for a young miss who lives in California; well done and love the colors!

QuiltE, its not my I SPY baby quilt, its for Anael, as I promised her at Christmas, I would be shipping a box to her to use the I SPY templates with it for her three grandchildren or our "Sew Grands" as they have been called this passed year. She did get the 3.5 template and needs about five inches of fabric to cut one out, so I just am shipping the fabric and letting her cut them out. It takes 145 octagon pieces to make one quilt...and she is sewing for 3 DGC.

On our first round of shipping the BB, did I fail to ship two blocks to everyone?? Should have been a Missouri state outlined with a blue bird on it with a dot above his head to show where I lived....and a dogwood bloom block called "Missouri block"...please let me know if an error was made there and you did not receive both.

As bf pointed out today, I figured out the TW strips wrong and was making enough for two or three TW. She got most of hers cut out today to take home with her. I hope to get caught up with the missing blocks for this month in 50 Stars, Sylvia, and DJ or by the first week of March. We have enjoyed their company and conversations and help.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

JeanieG and GGal ... what a great block to end the MBs with.

JeanieG ... Such a lovely mix ... do you know what you will do with them next? I have been doing the Lil Sister blocks too!!

QNSue ... with so much yardage, I was thinking it was something for your coming Grand as I thought I Spy's typically only had one or two of the same fabric. My mistake! Don't fret about your state block ... if you take a look at GGal's quilt, you will see she just had a spot for one each of the PC and MB blocks from each of us and then doubled up Anael and JanieW as they each only did one. And yes, I received your state block.

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-20-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:06 PM

Jeanie, that's a beautiful block from Ggal. I love the fabric she chose. Your quilt is going to be so pretty-what a nice mix of colors.