Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 AM

Interesting!!! very interesting!!!!

I am going on a serious hunt for the camera today...I've been going down memory lane with the PC blocks...
Old 05-19-2014, 10:04 AM

Thanks all!!! The pic is helpful OK I was picturing doing vertical strips... like a hex OBW? this pic with squares would work also...

I LOVE the OhMyGosh wonderful!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:36 AM

Here's a photo of the Ohmygosh quilt posted here on the board...it's only 2 blocks..9 patch & churn dash.
Attached Thumbnails 445220d1383755452-oh-my-gosh-quilt.jpg  
Old 05-19-2014, 01:25 PM

Just catching up after work and already yinz have put more ideas in my head!! Anael, I've gotten a few Nearly Insane blocks drawn up ready to start, working on Carrie's 50 Fab Stars, QE has me feeling guilty with all the DJ's she has done ( I have a measly 15 done), the pattern for Oh My Gosh is on my Idea Board as a possible, I want to do the pp blocks from QOTS, and my DGD asked me to make her a quilt to match her room. And I thought I didn't have anything planned after finishing SYE LOL.

I think DGD's quilt will take priority. She's using the crib quilt I made her 16 yrs ago and she wants this one to be the same size because it's "just right" for snuggling under. How can I refuse? She's been studying Chinese for the past 2 years and has her room decorated in red, white, black. I searched all over for Asian fabrics and came across a website called DebSews--took a chance and ordered. I'm going to give them an A+ in selection, service, price, and fabric. Best site I've ever ordered from. Check out www.Debsews2.com.

Glad to hear from everyone.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:32 PM

2 o' the beds are 4' X 8' & the other one is 2' X 8'. We will use 1/4 o' the water in these beds than what we used ta use in our large garden at the other house & should git twice the produce. I've been tryin' ta git DH ta do raised beds for about 8 years. It took a drought & move ta git him ta consider it.
I also use soaker hoses instead o' the sprinkler system that is here.
We won't even git the system fixed up 'cuase it wastes so much water.
We now need ta git the existin' beds all cleaned out & ready for whatever we decide ta do w/'em.

Last edited by dublb; 05-19-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 PM

JanRN I also have bought fabric from Debsews2 and they are fantastic and the prices aren't bad either, good luck on your list, sounds like you will be busy again.

Bev you have really been busy getting your new home in order, its fun to do things just the way "you" want them.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:56 PM

Yes Mirabell I've been workin' in it. It'll probably take me the rest o' my life ta git both this house & the Brady house, like I want 'em.
Hmmm Nothin' posted since yesterday? We must be a busy bunch.
I have been busy spray paintin' some antique metal outside chairs. They were DH's DGM's chairs & we have had 'em most o' our married life. I choose ta use a product that will stop the rust then put the primer on it. The other product is black & is called Rust Reformer. I want the chairs ta be white like they have always been. I have already started the white primer & it'll take several coats ta coverall o' that black. I'm takin' a short trip ta Brady tamarrow. So I won't git back ta the chairs till next week.
I'll drive ta Brady tamarrow w/my DF/housekeeper. She is headed ta Austin ta visit 3 o' her 4 children. She & I will go ta Brady & she'll help me deep clean the house. This way she will have some more spendin' cash for her trip & we git ta spend some more time tagether. Her DSon & his DGF will drive there Thurs mornin' & pick her up. She will be able ta spend time w/all her DK's & DGK's at the same time. She didn't even have that durrin' the holidays. I'll come back on Thurs as I need ta be here when they come ta fix my Dishwasher on Fri. Then on Sat DH & I will go back ta Brady for the Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

I really like my raised beds, too dublb and yes they save a lot of water. I watch weather quite a bit and I keep praying that you guys will get some of that wet stuff.
I started out the day with a sweatshirt as it was rather cool in the house. Then I went outside. Whoa the temp sure soared today. Think it was in the 80's. We bypassed the 70 degree weather all together. Today I planted tomatoes, cukes, and beans after getting some bills paid and mailed. I hope to get to some flower beds soon. See the asparagus is starting to peek through the ground.
That's a fantastic quilt, Honchey. When are you going to start?
Later friends.....
Old 05-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Taday it got up ta 99*! It is supposed ta "cool" off ta the mid 80's tamarrow. They are predictin rain by the end o' the week. I sure hope so.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:18 AM

It was a very hot day and no air conditioner working; he is come back today with news...good news, I hope. I cannot stand hot weather, one reason why we moved back North. One major joint broke...can it be replaced???

I have my front flower bed going, that's it for this year. Weeds are already into the RR bed big time...

QB friend came yesterday and I really enjoyed her company and help. Unfortunately, my squares for TW was not square...so block was not square....nor were the cat blocks square at six and half...we cut out more cats...but its not enough for twenty cats in each of the two wall hangings. Her GC are playing ball games, so we may not get as many sessions in during the summer....hope so...but will see what happens. One day at time.