Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for 50 Completed Blocks >

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for 50 Completed Blocks

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for 50 Completed Blocks

Old 01-28-2011, 09:25 AM

Thanks, everyone for your encouraging comments. I've been pondering what to use for sashing but haven't even come close to a decision. I'm thinking maybe a dark beige and black cornerstones. I'll see how that works out.

Jeanie, I still love your Christmas quilt. It is going to be lovely! Of course, there are all the others -- purples (my second favorite color), scrappy, LITTLE blocks -- all beautiful. Can't wait 'til we get to the end of our journey. :-)
Old 01-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Hi! :-D I was lurking this afternoon and ran across this thread. What are you all working on, if you don't mind me asking? All of your blocks are beautiful. It looks seww intriguing. :-D
Old 01-28-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Hi! :-D I was lurking this afternoon and ran across this thread. What are you all working on, if you don't mind me asking? All of your blocks are beautiful. It looks seww intriguing. :-D
SewExtreme
these are our Farmers Wife quilt blocks, each of us bought the book and are doing 2 blocks a week. kind of a quilt-a-long type thing :D
Old 01-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
SewExtreme
these are our Farmers Wife quilt blocks, each of us bought the book and are doing 2 blocks a week. kind of a quilt-a-long type thing :D

Thank you Deranged! That sounds weird to call you that. Everyone's look so great. I will have to look at that book. :-D
Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM

http://thefarmerswifequilt.blogspot.com/

here is a link to the authors site. the book we are working from in on the right side of the page.

her new book is being released this summer.

it is totally ok to call me "Deranged", they call me that in real life also :O
Old 01-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Ladies, I was at a quilt show in Silverton, OR today and there was a local guild doing a quilt raffle. It was a FWSQ and, oh boy, I wish you all could have been there to see it! AMAZING, and you won't believe the extra work the guild put into it . . . definitely sparks my imagination to think out-of-the-box when it comes to finishing this. I was attending the show with several other Board members and KarenBarnes was kind enough to loan me her camera. The guild ladies at the table were lovely and gladly granted permission for me to take a picture so I could show all of you. Karen is going to email the picture to me and then I'll get it posted. I'm so excited to show you!

:-D :-D
Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Ladies, I was at a quilt show in Silverton, OR today and there was a local guild doing a quilt raffle. It was a FWSQ and, oh boy, I wish you all could have been there to see it! AMAZING, and you won't believe the extra work the guild put into it . . . definitely sparks my imagination to think out-of-the-box when it comes to finishing this. I was attending the show with several other Board members and KarenBarnes was kind enough to loan me her camera. The guild ladies at the table were lovely and gladly granted permission for me to take a picture so I could show all of you. Karen is going to email the picture to me and then I'll get it posted. I'm so excited to show you!

:-D :-D
Can't wait! Thanks for thinking of us.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:04 PM

Oh Wow SewCornie - I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:26 PM

Me too! I'm excited to see it!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:48 AM

Sewcornie thanks for taking a pic of a completed FWS--can't wait to see it.

I'm still a long ways off, but could you all give me a "guess" as to how much fabric will be needed for the sashing? I know it will be just an estimate, but I'm going to a quilt expo in March and possibly (keep your fingers crossed!!) to Lancaster, PA in April. Since I haven't bought any (NONE!!) fabric for my FWS blocks, I don't care about the expense of the sashing. I'm not positive even what color but I think these two trips will help me decide. So if someone can give me a guess, I'd appreciate it and keep posting those color suggestions!
Peace-Jan