Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I finally finished building my house tonight. It was a fun challenge.
I used a blue roof like my grandparent's farm house.

I have spent the last 3 evenings on and and did a lot of un-sewing. It's a little wonky but I think it will be OK.

Sure looks plain after seeing all the embroidery and embellishments on all of the others. I'll have to see about adding some details and I think I'll add a border to bring it up to 12 inches.

But for now:
I think it's stunning...Love the color choices...good job
Old 02-04-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Irene V
I really enjoyed this block. I had a lot of fun with it and was so happy with my results. Then, I took my photo and noticed that it didn't look quite right. Somehow, the top story didn't line up with the bottom story... Here's my little crooked house.
Nice and Bright color choice and trust me I bet most OLD farmhses are crooked...
Old 02-04-2011, 06:44 AM

I am enjoying looking at all of your pictures so much! They are all so different and each person's personality shines through. These are all great.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:48 AM

I really enjoyed this block. I had a lot of fun with it and was so happy with my results. Then, I took my photo and noticed that it didn't look quite right. Somehow, the top story didn't line up with the bottom story... Here's my little crooked house.
what a happy little house - 'snug as a bug in the grass'
your front walk looks tarred - great fabric choice
Old 02-04-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Sure looks plain after seeing all the embroidery and embellishments on all of the others. I'll have to see about adding some details and I think I'll add a border to bring it up to 12 inches.
Grandfather would be proud of the way you presented his house - crisp & clean. I wouldn't worry about details now. When all blocks are done then you can decide what needs embellishment.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Here is my house for February. Did anyone have trouble with the porch roof? I did, I don't know what I did wrong, but it is fixed now. This was fun to do. I can't wait until next month!!

I just realized when I posted this picture the "apples" on the tree made a face!! How funny! I didn't plan to do that.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-161190.jpe  
Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Love your house! I've been watching everyone get theirs put together, so I'm kind of cheating. The pattern has so many pieces that I find it a little confusing. I had printed off 2 copies of the templates, so last night I marked one set of the template pieces with their template letter (A, B, and C) the I cut them apart and taped and fitted them together, so I could see where everything went. I plan on starting later today. We are iced in anyway, so I will put my time to good use!

Originally Posted by Matilda
Here is my house for February. Did anyone have trouble with the porch roof? I did, I don't know what I did wrong, but it is fixed now. This was fun to do. I can't wait until next month!!

I just realized when I posted this picture the "apples" on the tree made a face!! How funny! I didn't plan to do that.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 AM

Hi Paula, I'm your neighbor, I'm right down hwy 6 in Manvel
Originally Posted by PKWard
Love your house! I've been watching everyone get theirs put together, so I'm kind of cheating. The pattern has so many pieces that I find it a little confusing. I had printed off 2 copies of the templates, so last night I marked one set of the template pieces with their template letter (A, B, and C) the I cut them apart and taped and fitted them together, so I could see where everything went. I plan on starting later today. We are iced in anyway, so I will put my time to good use!

Originally Posted by Matilda

Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 AM

Matilda - your house is adorable!!! I love the buttons looking like Apples in your tree. Very creative!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 AM

I love your farmhouse, absolutely sweet. I love the sunshine!