Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34

Old 08-22-2010, 03:03 PM

Kimby that is coming along real nice. Keep up the good work
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

jolo...I love your blocks all in a group! That is going to be such a wonderful brigh and cheery quilt when you are done! I also think the quilt below it looks fun and interesting!

Kimy...I see lots of blocks that we haven't gotten to yet....you've given me hope that I can at least get them done....your are so beautiful! AND you have at least 1 kite that I was drooling over! I haven't attempted to try one yet.

Thanks both of you for showing them....it makes it so much fun to see the projects starting to shape into quilts!!:D;
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM

all the blocks are just lovely
Old 09-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Weeks 29-34 and some pics of background fabric auditions!

Help.Help.Please tell me what you like... :) :) :)

I found my light patterned cream fabrics and/or my off white solid as a background was a wash out for many of the blocks. After all this work, I want every teenyweeny tiny triangle, square and strip to show up!

I also auditioned a dark red and a black background. To my surprise, I like the black!

Maybe my favorite, today, (the last picture) is with different fabrics between the tris, and cream sashing with red cornerstones around the blocks. It is really close to Jane's. :D

Tell me, tell me what do you think????

White Background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109158[/ATTACH]

The right side, under the blocks, cream with colors is a little too busy...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109160[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109152.jpe   attachment-109153.jpe   attachment-109155.jpe  
Old 09-01-2010, 06:43 PM

for your blocks i am leaning towards the cream with the red.

beautiful blocks
Old 09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

Oh Meredith...this is a tough one. I agree...I want every little teeny tiny piece to show! You know I leaned towards the dark, so I like the black. I also like your cream choice! I agree..the right side...then are you planning on using one of the reds from the KT collection for the cornerstones or something different? I think that one looks really nice!

I haven't decide if I'm going to do the cornerstones and if I am..I haven't decided what fabric to use....decisions...decisions....
Old 09-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh Meredith...this is a tough one. I agree...I want every little teeny tiny piece to show! You know I leaned towards the dark, so I like the black. I also like your cream choice! I agree..the right side...then are you planning on using one of the reds from the KT collection for the cornerstones or something different? I think that one looks really nice!

I haven't decide if I'm going to do the cornerstones and if I am..I haven't decided what fabric to use....decisions...decisions....
Thanks Luv!

Patti, I think Elle is using a black background with her blocks on point? That is lovely with those Asian prints, and your chocolate, well I think it is very stunning! Between you two, I thought I should look at the black, I was surprised how much I do like it, and it would be so much easier to use just one background fabric!!! I have enough of the one of my black fabrics to finish the whole quilt! It is the black with tiny vines...

The finish similar to Jane Stickle's would be so much more work! Although I like it a lot! I am pleased with the look of mixed fabrics for the plain tris. But I would need to cut those now, to have enough... However, I would have to use four different creams on the background, not like the right side with the color in the pic...and yes, I have enough red from this fabric line to use the same red fabric on all the cornerstones and I think that red would really pop! The dark green and brown didn't seem to make it past audition! I may use the black in the scallops around the edges for a final outline.

So, with that I guess I have a few more weeks to decide!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM

wow those are beauties. I like the dark,it show all the work better to me.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
After all this work, I want every teenyweeny tiny triangle, square and strip to show up!
IMO, I think the black accomplishes this the best. It's very striking and each block really pops. You've done a beautiful job with these.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:08 PM

i bow to the majority. took another look and the black does make them pop better.