Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34

Old 09-03-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Jo, mine just faded when I put it on the white. The black did work nicely but I just don,t fancy sleeping under a black quilt somehow. What to do what to do LOL
I was looking at your blocks on page 1. I wonder, what about a soft coral color? I'm not experienced with Asian fabrics, so I may be way off base here.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:30 AM

Thanks Sew Cornie that might work, will have to look at that later on and see how it works.

I like Coral, it just might be the right one.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:30 AM

Thanks Sew Cornie that might work, will have to look at that later on and see how it works.

I like Coral, it just might be the right one.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Jo, mine just faded when I put it on the white. The black did work nicely but I just don,t fancy sleeping under a black quilt somehow. What to do what to do LOL
I was looking at your blocks on page 1. I wonder, what about a soft coral color? I'm not experienced with Asian fabrics, so I may be way off base here.
Elle, or what about a soft feminine pink for your background? I understand about the black, as I feel the same, trying to get used to the idea since that seems to be the better choice for my blocks! :)
Old 09-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Meredith that seems a good option. I was going to lay my blocks out tomorrow in the guest room, (no guests, not for a while anyways) but I have some bits to take care of tomorrow. Must do a bit of cutting back in the garden, the Vine is overgrown and so is the lemon tree its sprouting like mad. So DJ has to wait but I intend to get back soon.

I do like that idea, perhaps I need to go pale to bring out the strong colours of the Asian fabrics. I am thinking. Need a new light bulb LOL.

Elle
Old 09-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Hmmm...coral or lemon...thats different and might just be the ticket! Can we see your auditions Elle??? You know how nosey we are!!

I had a thought too...Meredith and Elle...you are saying you don't want to use black because you don't want a black quilt...its only the sashing that is black..the predominant part of your quilt is your blocks...so that should be what shows up more. I think that the black makes the blocks "pop" even more..thats in Meredith's case like the dark brown does for mine. Its an interesting look anyway.:wink:
Old 09-03-2010, 07:45 PM

Patti, You are right about the black being a smaller part of the quilt, it likely will look like an outline. My audition shows a lot more of the black than will show once sewn in, after all its only half an inch finished for the sashing, right? I don't have enough black for the blank tris, so my tris will be mixed fabrics, same fabrics in my blocks, however I can use the black for the scallops. I don't want to buy any more of this fabric, plus it has become hard to find! I have a lot left, just not enough black. In fact I am thinking about using what is left for a random patchwork backing! Would that just be awful??? lol
Old 09-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

No...I don't think it would be awful at all...wonder what Jane did for the back of hers? Has anyone ever seen the back of that quilt?

I don't think you will come away with the impression that your quilt is "black"...especially when you use other fabs for the plain tris.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 PM

I haven't looked - or commented - about DJs in quite a while, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the black. As sashing, it won't overwhelm either - it'll hardly be noticeable - just enough to make the work of all those itty bitty pieces pop out!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55 PM

You know I hadnīt thought about it like that.

Ofcourse I will show you, havenīt got any lemon or peach fabric though, but have enough black and white to show you.

Elle