Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party- group shots thru week 34

Old 09-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Just woke up and caught up with all of you chatting away.

Meredith, IMO I love love the black, it does the job you want and you can see every little tiny detail and youe blocks just pop. They look lovely on the black, the cream is too busy and the white just does nothing for me.

I still have to make that decision, I bought a batik thinking that would work but it didnīt so I am going to have to do a bit of auditioning again to see what I like.

Tell us what you decide.

Elle
Old 09-02-2010, 06:34 AM

Awesome, thank you everyone for your input! I have to get my head wrapped around the black, it is really pretty, but I never considered the black before now... :D

The big decision is done! :D
Old 09-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Power Poster

I know what you mean Meredith...I've never used such a dark background either..so it will be really different for me. Once I made that decision, I started paying close attention to what fab I was using on the outside of my blocks and on the outside of my tris. Remember Lesley warned us that when you use the cream background and you use the cream on the outside of your tris..they play funny...the outside will disappear into the sashing and make it appear that your tris are all different sizes. I think that if you use the colored fabric between the tris..that problem wouldn't happen though. So, have you made that decision yet??? I'm going with the same dark fabric. I really didn't keep enough of the fabrics to use pieces between the tris (I started with a J/R remember)...so I'm going dark....

Elle...you need to start playing again and show us what you are thinking!! We wanna see!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Patti, I will get round to it. I have just 3 more blocks left on my fan quilt to do now so when those are done I will get right back to it I promise.

I have no idea what to use, I thought white but it doesnīt really work. then I thought batik and that look weird, maybe black might work for mine, but I really donīt want a black quilt I would prefer a lighter colour will have to get my thinking cap on soon
Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Oh, but here we thought from the beginning that you were going with the black.....then the batik.....hmmm...I'll think too (not that it will do much good AND I might HURT myself :roll:!!)
Old 09-02-2010, 03:29 PM

It hurts too when I think so I donīt do it often. I bought a batik but it just didnīt look right and I auditioned a black and it looked okay, but I donīt want the quilt that dark, so I really donīt know. The book shows a lot of cream and brown so that wasnīt a lot of good for ideas.
Help....
Old 09-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Well Elle..the cream and browns work well with the more "traditional" civil war type or scrappy type fabs. The cream also looked beeuuteemos with Lesley's batiks...now Asians, that is a different story... Ouch! I think I already have an injury..I'll have to go get some ice cream to get brain freeze to help it!

But what about a "somewhat" cream but one that has a gold thread running through it, like some of the Asians. That just popped from the side of my head that isn't injured so far. I'll keep thinking. Whats that web site where you buy all your Asians? I need to look there...oh...what about red??...sometimes you never know until you try..it might look awful, but????
Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 PM

Thanks Patti, that sounds like it might work, I was thinking lemon or peach I just have to put the blocks out again and go look.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:44 AM

Now you two have caused me to put my thinking cap on. I thought I would use an off white then when I saw yours it make me stop and think.Mine faded out too when I had used the light background . Let us know when you finally decide. lol jo
Old 09-03-2010, 07:14 AM

Jo, mine just faded when I put it on the white. The black did work nicely but I just don,t fancy sleeping under a black quilt somehow. What to do what to do LOL