Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete >

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Old 03-10-2014, 08:41 PM

You can PM me now ladies [just don't all do it at once!!!] I deleted nearly 100 messages! eeeek

I also tried to start a group but failed miserably so am waiting for another response from PatriceJ.
Gus
Old 03-11-2014, 09:15 AM

You are such a doll Gus.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:19 PM

Hello everyone! I haven't been on QB for a really long time but got a pm from Gus about this new thread and thought I should get back in touch. This might be just what I need to get back in the sewing room. I have been having a hard time getting motivated. I have the book, cd, and all the fabric I will need so I really have no reason to wait. Thank you for starting this up again and for letting me know about it
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 PM

I just went to the old thread and saw this:
Printing with software – in order to avoid wasting so much paper when you print your patterns using software you need to “move” the pieces to one side before printing. Turn your paper around and print the next block at the other end of the paper. ..from NDQuilts…”If you are prining just the block outlines the yes you can fit two blocks on a page. I adjust the top margin as narrow as my printer will allow and print block 1, then rotate the paper to print block 2. If I remember you cannot print any text in the header.

I also would like to print 2 blocks to a page, but can't move my blocks in the software. Is it because my software is an old version? The option to move is not available in the print preview screen. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks,
cindy
Old 03-11-2014, 05:44 PM

Well I pulled out my Jane quilt tonight. I still need to make 69 blocks and 44 triangles. I can finish in a year if I make 2to3 blocks a week.
Does anyone have any suggestions for sewing the smashing?
I'm embarrassed to admit I started this in 2003. Its time to finish!
Cindy
Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 PM

I didn't get a PM but I did post a message a while back that I wanted to join in on this journey. I have the book and rulers. I hope I am not too far behind already.

Ruby in MS
Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 PM

where do you get the triangle ruler? My initial attempts to make the triangles were utter failures.

NEVER MIND. Found 'em through Amazon.com.

Last edited by jillaine; 03-11-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added correction
Old 03-12-2014, 03:20 AM

OK another question.. how do I print out the chart with the block numbers on it so I can keep track of my progress?
cindy
Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindynvb View Post
I just went to the old thread and saw this:
Printing with software – in order to avoid wasting so much paper when you print your patterns using software you need to “move” the pieces to one side before printing. Turn your paper around and print the next block at the other end of the paper. ..from NDQuilts…”If you are prining just the block outlines the yes you can fit two blocks on a page. I adjust the top margin as narrow as my printer will allow and print block 1, then rotate the paper to print block 2. If I remember you cannot print any text in the header.

I also would like to print 2 blocks to a page, but can't move my blocks in the software. Is it because my software is an old version? The option to move is not available in the print preview screen. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks,
cindy
cindy...do you have the post# in the old thread that gives this hint? ... nevermind... it is post #846 and here is a link to it http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post4868631

I just tried the tip as you described. i chose a block from the quilt and used the print icon at the top. from that drop down menu i chose print templates. i clicked size from quilt and then preview. at this point, i see the block name and diagram with the templates below. the Move button is not grayed out. click on Move and chose a template piece and move it around. I hope this helps.

in my case, i have plenty of paper to use. it's the printer ink that i try to conserve, so i don't print any of them in color. when you choose templates and get the print templates screen, you can unclick print key block. and if you are using the templates with freezer paper and ironing fabric around it with starch, i unclick print seam allowances, too.

if the templates are duplicated, i delete the extras, too, and only print one of each. the freezer paper can be reused.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-12-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindynvb View Post
OK another question.. how do I print out the chart with the block numbers on it so I can keep track of my progress?
cindy
cindy, here is a link to Gus' directions to get to the chart in the software http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post6611263
after you get the chart open, there is a blue link to take you to the directions for using the chart. however, if you just want to print the chart, the chart page says to use file/print. HTH