Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Jenniky, if you like yellow, you might consider using a yellow since it it is the only color in your # 1 fabric not otherwise represented in the stack you showed. If I were choosing (and not knowing the outcome) I'd eliminate fabric 4 or 5 since you have those colors already in the stack. Does that second opinion help?
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    I am slightly late getting here today, but I am in again!! I can hardly wait, this is so exciting. I am now trying to decide if I want to use charm packs or fabric's? Oh what shall I do?
    Last edited by SulaBug; 05-09-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    I am going to go put a link on the last train to make this easier to find.
    A link would be great! This may not be where to post this, but the new mystery train never popped up on my menu yesterday. Only because I knew about it and did the search did I find it. This AM it still doesn't show. Guess I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure that out. I can just do a search...I did say to subscribe to the thread, so maybe that will work and notify me automatically?

Blog Entries
    OK. This showed up now in a place where I can find it. Hurrah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Jenniky, if you like yellow, you might consider using a yellow since it it is the only color in your # 1 fabric not otherwise represented in the stack you showed. If I were choosing (and not knowing the outcome) I'd eliminate fabric 4 or 5 since you have those colors already in the stack. Does that second opinion help?
    I had consider a yellow but could not find one that went.. If I find one before we begin cutting I possible would swap it for the green. Im really on the boarder with the green tone on tone fabric not necessary the color. Thank you for your input Foxflower every bit helps.
    Have an awesome day!

Thanks, Jenn, you just keep all those roudy partyers in line LOL
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    I am slightly late getting here today, but I am in again!! I can hardly wait, this is so exciting. I am now trying to decide if I want to use charm packs or fabric's? Oh what shall I do?
    Hi Sulabug good to see you joining the mystery train again. We are gearing up to share some tasty applesauce and fruit butters on biscuits in the club car while we are waiting for Judy to return from her holiday and once more lead us on a fantastic mystery journey. I heard rumor there was going to be rhubarb tea? Well rhubarb has been talked about so we will see if its a tea, pie or other pastry. The chocolate wine seems to be a favorite also. Well for me anything chocolate is outstanding. I believe I heard that two charm packs were necessary if you were going for the scrappy choice and using charm packs versus fabric. I'm looking forward to seeing your fabric picks. Personally Im enjoying a cup of Earl Grey with a twist of lemon in the club car so everyone come on back and enjoy when your ready to put your feet up.
    Have an awesome day!

Welcome back, Cheryl, and anyone else I missed that got on board.

I asked Patrice to put a "sticky" on this new mysery so it will keep showing up at the top of the BOM section. Keeping the chatter going, keeps the link at the top of the BOM list. Should make it easier to find for those who can't bookmark it.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 05-10-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Oh, gosh - have never, ever done one of these, so think I may TRY. I'll probably be asking for help ALL THE TIME. Thanks. Dodee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodee View Post
    Oh, gosh - have never, ever done one of these, so think I may TRY. I'll probably be asking for help ALL THE TIME. Thanks. Dodee
    Mystery's are lots of fun Dodee, Judy does a terrific job on guiding us and we all help each other and have lots of fun in the process.
    Have an awesome day!

Dodee, Jenniky is right, this is so much fun and you'll have a blast, honest!
    Welcome to the train.

Blog Entries
    JABA, your first mystery turned out great. I really like the amount of yellow you have. Wow, quilted and finished.

If I am late getting on the train, perhaps someone else can bring the Rhubarb Tea. Here is the recipe, it makes 2 quarts:

8 stalks rhubarb, cut into 2" pieces
    8 cups water
    Bring the first two ingredients to a boil then simmer for at least an hour. Let cool and strain. The add you favorite sweeter to taste. Serve iced. You can also garnish with something like mint, my favorite is Pineapple Sage.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Ok Caroline S, thanks for the recipe, where is Spanaway Washington? That sounds interesting. Since I am in Washington as well, maybe we should meet at the same depot to get on the train. I am going to pick some rhubarb and make this up. It sounds so good. I am excited that my rhubarb is doing well so far this year. It has taken a few years to get going but is coming up so nicely this year. Put manure in my garden last year and has made such a difference.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

well, my fellow travelers, here we meet again. looks like some fun to come. may actually have enough time to finish my last mystery before i have to start cutting this one. (sewed some of the geese on bacwards so must do some of that "frog" sewing). need to start farming the stash for this thing. thanks judy. enjoy your trip and see you later in may.
    pdcakm alias pat
    If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

All Aboooard. This should be fun. Glad I signed up for the quilting board soI can get in on the fun.

Blog Entries
    I'm jumping off the train to go pick some rhubarb. I won't be checking my stash until Saturday because I'm up to my neck in a parade of wedding gowns at my church tomorrow. Rhubarb tea will be a welcome diversion.

Blog Entries
    a scrap buster? count me in--again. Shall I have my son make some homemade Bavarian Cream fllled pastries to go with that Rhubarb tea? Wonder if I can get Anastasia to join in????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
    a scrap buster? count me in--again. Shall I have my son make some homemade Bavarian Cream fllled pastries to go with that Rhubarb tea? Wonder if I can get Anastasia to join in????
    Now you are talking!! Homemade Bavarian Cream filled pastries to go with the Rhubarb tea, sounds wonderful. Do you think he would make enough for all of us riding this train? I am licking my lips now!! YUM-YUM.

Blog Entries
    Caroline S............I used to live in Spanaway, when I was a young girl. I loved it over there, but my folks moved back to Yakima when I was in the fourth grade!! I still love to go back & visit that area.

QuilterMomma..........Where in Washington do you live? My daughter lives in Pt. Orchard. It is such a nice place to visit.

This train ride is starting out really Great everyone, come enjoy the ride with all of us.
    Last edited by SulaBug; 05-10-2012 at 10:23 AM.

I just love train rides. I also would love to try Rhubard tea. Never heard of it but why not. Also all the goodies that everyone is bringing so I thought some nice watermelon slices would fit in just great. Oh yeah this is my first train ride. I haven't decided on my fabric yet but Rasberry colors are calling me. Any suggestions as to what would match Rasberry. How on earth do you spell that word????? I really already have a lot that I am doing but I work well under stress. Either that or I get buried in it. Well off to work on another project and maybe this weekend I can find some fabrics to use for this. It may end up being totally scrappy.

Barb

asked my iPhone how to spell Rhubarb and Raspberry. got it now.
    Last edited by urgodschild2; 05-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    I just love train rides. I also would love to try Rhubard tea. Never heard of it but why not. Also all the goodies that everyone is bringing so I thought some nice watermelon slices would fit in just great. Oh yeah this is my first train ride. I haven't decided on my fabric yet but Rasberry colors are calling me. Any suggestions as to what would match Rasberry. How on earth do you spell that word????? I really already have a lot that I am doing but I work well under stress. Either that or I get buried in it. Well off to work on another project and maybe this weekend I can find some fabrics to use for this. It may end up being totally scrappy.

Barb

asked my iPhone how to spell Rhubarb and Raspberry. got it now.
    I am thinking that some spring green fabric would work well with raspberry. Sort of like sherbet colors don't you think?
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I am a new quilter and have never done a mystery quilt project, so this looks like it would be a lot of fun! I am thinking Christmas quilt since I am slow.

Blog Entries
    oh, my, in the food world dark choclate is what goes with raspberry

in the color world greens go great also

I have been to Washington along the Columbia River it is sooooooooooo beautiful and green !!!!

have seen Washington from the air on the way to Alaska once and Canada once...would love to see the San Juan Islands and Mt. St. Helens from the ground someday.

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Sarint......

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast