Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Glad to have you along for the ride, Sarint, enjoy yourself. It will be a lot of fun. And as I mentioned in my opening paragraph, your traveling companions are a hoot!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

I vote for raspberry and lemon (yellow) maybe throw in some lime green just for fun. This is making me think of bothe sherbert and lemon cake with raspberry frosting. I think I might be hungry.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

this sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in! I've never done a mystery quilt before, so this will be interesting!

Cindy, I too was hesitant about doing a mystery quilt, had never done one before I made up the last one. But these are small projects, not a large amount of fabrics, and really, they are a lot of fun. Please join up for the festivities!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodee View Post
    Oh, gosh - have never, ever done one of these, so think I may TRY. I'll probably be asking for help ALL THE TIME. Thanks. Dodee
    Dodee, this is my first mystery also, but it seems like so much fun (these ladies are crazy!) I thought I would try it here as opposed to other sites. And there looks to be lots of food, so it's my kind of group!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Ah, yes, Evie, we're crazy as a den of hungry foxes! But happy, hungry fun-loving foxes!
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 05-11-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Caroline S............I used to live in Spanaway, when I was a young girl. I loved it over there, but my folks moved back to Yakima when I was in the fourth grade!! I still love to go back & visit that area.

QuilterMomma..........Where in Washington do you live? My daughter lives in Pt. Orchard. It is such a nice place to visit.

This train ride is starting out really Great everyone, come enjoy the ride with all of us.
    It's so much fun to read all the posts, but I am totally jealous of you three living in God's country. We moved here two years ago come this July. We lived in Issaquah area. I sure miss being close to the ocean and just the way the folks there think and the FOOD! And the way everything grows. Well, we will be there the end of July/beginning of August, so maybe I can get a rhubarb fix then! And more apples for more applesauce! (From Leavenworth!)

I got stuck in the observation car last time so I hope to meet up with ya'll as you roll through Jacksonville, FL!

Blog Entries
    Sunliten, We need to look for quilting cruises out of Seattle that have a side trip to Mt. Rainier thrown in along with a trip to Pike's Place Market for some fresh raspberries and a trip to Issaquah for handmade chocolates. Oh, I think I need to eat lunch! Is the club car full yet?

Oh dear, IBQ, did they lock you up there by mistake? We won't let it happen again and will pick you up soon.

Okay, everyone, I'm finished packing, and waiting for Super Shuttle to take me to the airport. See you on the morning of the 24th, and will be posting the next mystery quilt's clue on the 26th. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Oh dear, IBQ, did they lock you up there by mistake? We won't let it happen again and will pick you up soon.

Okay, everyone, I'm finished packing, and waiting for Super Shuttle to take me to the airport. See you on the morning of the 24th, and will be posting the next mystery quilt's clue on the 26th. Good luck.
    Have a great vacation!
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I like trains!

Blog Entries
    Yakima? OMG, I grew up in Yakima...now I'm in Southern Cali...I'm new to QB and love reading all the posts from all around the country. Feels like family........
    The only gift is a portion of thyself.....Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a great train trip to me!
    Dreams Do Come True
    Good friends are like quilts - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

Blog Entries
    Yeehaw! I'm jumping on this train ride I've never tried a mystery quilt so this should be exciting. New to the QB and trying all kinds of exciting stuff.
    I'll be digging in my scrap heaps all weekend.... an outdoor summertime table topper is calling my name.....

Meet ya'll in the club car around cocktail hour..........

(thanks Dotcom/Dottie)
    The only gift is a portion of thyself.....Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Name:  mystery train #2.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  39.5 KBI hope Judy has a great vacation! So now that the boss is relaxing, will you give me your opinions on the fabrics I've chosen for the new mystery? I thought the yellow would work, but maybe it's too bright?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Name:  mystery train #2.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  39.5 KBI hope Judy has a great vacation! So now that the boss is relaxing, will you give me your opinions on the fabrics I've chosen for the new mystery? I thought the yellow would work, but maybe it's too bright?
    I love your fabric selection & I think it will be very pretty together. The yellow color just might be the ticket to make it super special. Go for it girl!! I need to get mine picked out too.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Yakima? OMG, I grew up in Yakima...now I'm in Southern Cali...I'm new to QB and love reading all the posts from all around the country. Feels like family........
    How long have you been in CA? I live in the Terrace Heights area of Yakima & just love it. We are having a gorgeous day here today, so sunny & bright. I am so glad you have joined this Quilting Board & we all feel like family here. Enjoy!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

OOPS! I forgot! I've got the rum! Sailer's Delight, anyone??

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Sulabug for the quick response. My sewing room really became "discombobulated" while I was checking stash. So I'm hoping the train picks me up soon. Then I can go to the club car for that rhubarb tea and not worry about the mess. LOL

I am so envious of you all together people, haven"t even thought about a color theme maybe tomorrow. LOL

coopah, love the pastels.

This sounds like fun. I'm game. I just finished my first mystery quilt last week. It was the recent one from McCalls's. I think I will have to do a baby quilt from all this fabulous baby fabric I have been collecting. Hopefully I can find the instructions when they come through.

I've been pulling fabric today. Just keep looking at it to see if I want to switch or add something! Going to be fun again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    This sounds like fun. I'm game. I just finished my first mystery quilt last week. It was the recent one from McCalls's. I think I will have to do a baby quilt from all this fabulous baby fabric I have been collecting. Hopefully I can find the instructions when they come through.
    Welcome, Pam! If you go to the top of any page at the top of this thread, click on "thread tools" and then click on "Subscribe to this thread." That way you won't miss out as they will be sent to you automically. Being someone that always makes things harder than they have to be, I didn't do that for the last mystery train and had to search every day. So goofy! You're going to like this group!

Thanks, PokerDiva for letting me know about the fabric choices. They've been in the drawer awhile!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 ... LastLast