Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Quilting Bee April, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Hi gals.. The chit chat has been sparse - guess everyone's busy making their blocks..lol (well a gal can hope, huh?) When there's not a lot of activity, you won't get a notice, so just check your email off and on during the day to see if something has been posted.
    Or in my case thinking about making them. Today's project is to at least cut them out and maybe sew a block or to. I have been busy with life lately.

Carrot, I had the same experience, was so disappointed!! SOO rather that ripping at the time, I just cut out new pcs and made another one and IT turned out same way!!! So, that's how it'll stay! I thot maybe I'd miscut on the first one, but very carefully checked the next batch, turned out same way... I did take apart the other one, can use the pcs another time. I even tried wetting the block and carefully stretching it as I pressed...it helped a tinsy bit.

Happy, just get done what you can - maybe just one block. ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by happylab View Post
    Or in my case thinking about making them. Today's project is to at least cut them out and maybe sew a block or to. I have been busy with life lately.
    Life tends to do that and not nearly as fun.

Blog Entries
    woo hoo!! --- I am not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Carrot, I had the same experience, was so disappointed!! SOO rather that ripping at the time, I just cut out new pcs and made another one and IT turned out same way!!! So, that's how it'll stay! I thot maybe I'd miscut on the first one, but very carefully checked the next batch, turned out same way... I did take apart the other one, can use the pcs another time. I even tried wetting the block and carefully stretching it as I pressed...it helped a tinsy bit.

Happy, just get done what you can - maybe just one block. ;o)
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

I got 2 blocks cut out, 1 is made. The easy one. I will post pics when I get the 2nd one done. Maybe by early next week.

I love the lovely blocks others have made. Very pretty. Just think, after this month we will have 4-8 blocks made.

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Here they are !!! Is anyone else already thinking of a layout?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    around the heart

Karen

Looks good, carrot. I've laid mine out but not set on anything yet. Might do a sashing, who knows...lol

Blog Entries
    Blocks look goo Carrot.
    women can't live on chocolate alone they must quilt

Very lovely color combinations, Carrot.

When I get enough, I will make a baby quilt.

Connie

Blog Entries
    I have decided everyone is spring cleaning and that is why this thread is so quiet !!!
    around the heart

Karen

LOLO I have thought the same thing. They'd better get at least one block made. I've had several asked to join, then haven't heard anymore from them. Personally, I think a lot just don't keep their computers on all day. Mine is set up in the living rm, laptop in sewing room, and I check things off and on all day. I worked computers for years & years and it's just a habit of mine to keep it on. Come on ladies, lets see a bunch of blocks. I hope all have a wonderful day, it's sunny, warming up and a light breeze here. I have done my outside duties this morning, now time to sew.

Jean

I haven't done anything about this month's blocks, but I figure I still have time. It's supposed to be rainy for the next few days, so with any luck I'll at least get them cut out. I WILL finish them by the end of the month! Spring cleaning and yard work will just have to wait.

Hi, I'm new to your site; new quilter, also. Would like to join. Please send me any blocks I have missed. Thanks and so excited!

Blog Entries
    lovcobol you will be hooked with the first set of blocks !! Welcome !

around the heart

Karen

Lovcobol, I have sent you a PM (private message), please check it out. Welcome, hope you enjoy it.

Jean

Carrot, you are so funny. You think we we are busy spring cleaning. No seriously, I'm busy just enjoying working and being outside on a fantastic winter and spring this year. The perfect weather for me. I just love it here. I'm still working on my BH mystery quilt. I have 2 big blocks sewn and 9 shashing strips completed. I will work on more tomorrow. My goal to complete by EOM. Then I need to make 8 more 2 1/2" log cabin blocks , then put that top together. In between those projects I will work on the extra blocks from this site and on my temperature quilt top.

Yes of course I'm doing some spring cleaning. But I'm going real slow this year.

Welcome aboard Lovcobol, we have such pretty blocks and a variety of colors. I'm looking forward to the end of the-year so we can see each other's tops. I really enjoy this BOM.

Quote Originally Posted by happylab View Post
    Carrot, you are so funny. You think we we are busy spring cleaning. No seriously, I'm busy just enjoying working and being outside on a fantastic winter and spring this year. The perfect weather for me. I just love it here. I'm still working on my BH mystery quilt. I have 2 big blocks sewn and 9 shashing strips completed. I will work on more tomorrow. My goal to complete by EOM. Then I need to make 8 more 2 1/2" log cabin blocks , then put that top together. In between those projects I will work on the extra blocks from this site and on my temperature quilt top.

Yes of course I'm doing some spring cleaning. But I'm going real slow this year.

Welcome aboard Lovcobol, we have such pretty blocks and a variety of colors. I'm looking forward to the end of the-year so we can see each other's tops. I really enjoy this BOM.
    I'm with you, I enjoy the BOM on these and haven't tired of it, just tired of not getting to the one thing I find relaxing and a great escape. I have one week and a few extra days to at least get one block into April. With drivers quarterly, taxes, and moving the office the month ran out on me. I have enjoyed all those who have managed to get done this month. Happylab where exactly is here in "I love it here". What state. I know where I am in Maine we did have a spring teaser, but back to the coldish drizzle and threat of snow showers. I figure I may not like it, but let it do whatever it is going to do as long as I am up and able to get around to do things in spite of it. Enjoy the day all, keep up the great work.

I have not had a chance to get to this month's blocks yet, but my surgery was successful, so I will be quilting full-time again soon. I am currently stuck in a collar and can't really see to sew, lol. Will hopefully be released from this collar on Tuesday and then I think I will spend an entire day in my sewing room.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltedComforts View Post
    I have not had a chance to get to this month's blocks yet, but my surgery was successful, so I will be quilting full-time again soon. I am currently stuck in a collar and can't really see to sew, lol. Will hopefully be released from this collar on Tuesday and then I think I will spend an entire day in my sewing room.
    Congrats on the success of your surgery. Maybe you should try to quilt, you might come up with a different pattern you can develop, lol.

Blog Entries
    quiltedcomforts good luck on your recovery !!!
    around the heart

Karen

QuiltedComforts, so glad to hear you are on the mend.

Jan

Blog Entries
    Well, I have all the HSTs and squares ready for the Farmer's Daughter. Just need to get them sewn together. That is probably the only one I will get done this month.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

QuilteComfort, I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. Please take it slow and easy. Sending quilting hugs.

April Quilting Bee

First Block completed for April
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    ​Pretty block!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast