Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Quilting Bee, July 2017 >

New Quilting Bee, July 2017

New Quilting Bee, July 2017

Old 07-12-2017, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Tscweaves, you have a wonderful room and a great place to play. Hmmm...I think I could get there in about 1 1/2 hrs!!!

All of the blocks being posted look so nice. It may be a while before I can get my July blocks finished. Lots of stuff going on but will definitely have them done this month.

Jan
Come on and play:-) I love my loft, it is all set up for my needs. It is my new-to-me sewing area I am having to figure out what to put where.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
Jan, Feb, and March done.....

Coming along faster than I thought I would.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576346[/ATTACH]
These are great! They are coming together so well.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:28 AM

Wow-- take a few days off from the computer and a lot is going on !! I am loving all the different colors everyone is using. I would like to also welcome the newbies !!
The saying goes.............Hang your quilt on your porch and ride by on a galloping horse-- if it looks good- your are good to go !!!!
Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
Come on and play:-) I love my loft, it is all set up for my needs. It is my new-to-me sewing area I am having to figure out what to put where.
Theresa, I can only dream of having the fabulous space you have! I would love to see you post some of your projects that you wove.

Today if the rain ever lets up, we will be heading to our place in the Dells. I have this strong urge to go to the quilt store in Reedsburg. That always leaves my pocketbook a little lighter but helps with my obsession to acquire fabric...just because!

Jan
Old 07-12-2017, 06:24 AM

I joined in June and I posted my Jan. block on the Quilting Bee January forum site. Should we post our catch-up blocks here or on their original sites.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=Fabric Galore;7862461]I joined in June and I posted my Jan. block on the Quilting Bee January forum site. Should we post our catch

We have been told to post in the most current month, any blocks we finish this month, regardless of which month they are far. So don't go back to the other months, just put them here.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:17 AM

Gorgeous blocks, ladies - I'm so happy you are enjoying these. Donna, good to see you posting again, the top will be so pretty when complete. TSC, I agree, don't do anything to the little blk/wht print - just leave them, you can work them in thru your top, and they won't be so noticeable - they'll blend in, and add some interest. If you will add more of the white, that will help too.. Thanks Barb, for adding where to post pictures... Posting them in the current thread saves 'you' time in going back, and that way we can rave about them in one spot. ;o)
Old 07-12-2017, 07:30 AM

Lv2sew2011, that is going to be one gorgeous quilt! Keep it up!
Old 07-12-2017, 11:25 AM

Default July Blocks

I finally finished my blocks for July. I had an awful time. Everything went wrong. From the machine to cutting . I made up my mind I was going to get them done. I love to sew, and I am awful at it. I probably should have picked different colors. I am not about to do them again. It is what it is.

Very hot here. I have come to the conclusion I DON'T LIKE SUMMER fall best of all.
Attached Thumbnails 2017-07-12-14.50.57_resized-640x360-.jpg  
Old 07-12-2017, 12:46 PM

Whew! It took me a while to read all of the posts from the beginning. I saw the new block listings and even copied them but forgot to comment so I wasn't getting any updates! Lol! Today, I finally realized why there weren't any updates!

Welcome to the newcomers! This is a wonderful thread.

Lovely blocks! Thanks everyone for posting and the lively and informative conversations.

Carrot: Where did you go for your loft sewing day? It reminds me of the Hutchinson quilt shop.

I haven't started this month's blocks yet as I am trying to finish a few baby tops.

Connie