Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New Quilting Bee, July 2017

I am caught up...
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Boy you gals are really perkin' this month.. Great job.

Blog Entries
    Jan, Thank you! not sure on sashing color yet but yes I will be using it.

Thank, you Jean!

Kristi, love your color choices, and of course your work too!

Have4boys awesome work and colors.

I'm so happy to join this Bee, not able to keep up with swaps because of taking care of dad. But if it wasn't for quilting I would go nuts, I'm not one to just sit around and do nothing. :-)
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

Wow! Lovely blocks are being posted. I need to get busy and get mine done!

Carrot: Thanks for the information. I stopped there for the Shop Hop last year. I may have to try it sometime and bug one of my extended family members for a bed for the night. Lol! A great niece lives in Dassel so that wouldn't be too far.

Connie

Quote Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
    Here's July for me! I'm loving this new colorway. So bright and cheery!

I decided to see if I could do the first one without having to break up the big red triangles. I didn't need a 'set-in-seam', but I did have to use 2 partial seems, which was a bit to keep track of! I'm happy with how it turned out!

Attachment 576573
    Very nice blocks. Your new colorway is going to make a happy quilt.
    Glad you made a block board. I find mine very useful to keep the little pieces from getting brushed off onto the floor, as well as keeping them in the right order.
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

Blog Entries
    Well, I am back from Ireland and almost recovered from jet lag. Here are my versions of the two blocks for July plus a picture of my "virtual" quilt that combines my individual quilt blocks.

Name:  2017 07a.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  2017 07b.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  2017 001 -tile.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  326.3 KB
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Very nice Bibliostone.
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

Blog Entries
    hav4boys, your blocks are stunning and real eye poppers. Are you going to use sashes between your blocks? It will be spectacular when you are finished

Blog Entries
    You have been busy bibliostone to have all of your blocks made plus take a trip to Ireland. We went there 2 years ago and I still didn't get to see everything I wanted to see. Good luck with your quilting.

Bibliostone, beautiful blocks as usual. Hope you enjoyed every moment of your Ireland trip.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Since you ladies have gotten your blocks made for July, how about a mid-month block? You may choose to do it or not, just thought it's simple, and another technique to do. Hope you like it.

http://www.genxquilters.com/2012/09/...-tutorial.html

Bibliostone.... love your color combination

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
    Wow! Lovely blocks are being posted. I need to get busy and get mine done!

Carrot: Thanks for the information. I stopped there for the Shop Hop last year. I may have to try it sometime and bug one of my extended family members for a bed for the night. Lol! A great niece lives in Dassel so that wouldn't be too far.

Connie
    Connie let me know if you ever do come. Some of us stay over and sew again all day Saturday!

Loving the pics with all the blocks together ! I will have to do that -- one day !!! Getting house ready for a lot of family coming in next week for a family reunion. Will have 9 extra people staying at our house!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Here's my bonus block.

OOHH great... I was wondering if anyone decided to do it. ;o) I know everyone is busy with summer and such. ME? I'm staying in where it's cool, except for watering my flowers - it's HOT here, still and so dry.

We had a really bad storm here Saturday. Some of our turkey farmers lost the roofs off their barns. I picked up limbs in my yard for over an hour after I got home from church yesterday. I don't mind the rain, thunder or lightning, but that wind scares me. Now they're warning us that the heat wave from the mid-west is about to clobber us. All I can say is, bless whoever invented the AC.

Edited to add: The bonus block took every bit of less than 30 minutes to cut and make. This one goes really quick.
    Last edited by Libster; 07-17-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Since you ladies have gotten your blocks made for July, how about a mid-month block? You may choose to do it or not, just thought it's simple, and another technique to do. Hope you like it.

http://www.genxquilters.com/2012/09/...-tutorial.html
    I will be making Dutch Pinwheel from the same site. I really see some pretty blocks others have made using the Flying Squares, but it just does not call out my name. Her block she calls Simple X is very similar to an extra block I made called Crossroads. The only difference is the corners of mine are different colors from the 'roads' in hers. Here is my Crossroads block:

Name:  Crossroads.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  74.4 KB
    I will probably make a Dutch Pinwheel and post it tomorrow. I will use nothing less than 3" squares to start with. I don't see how she can use 2.5" squares for HST and end up with two 2.5" HST. That allows nothing for seams. I usually use a little larger than 3" squares to start with and then trim them down to a perfect 2.5" block for a finished 2" finished HST. Thanks OKSEWNSEW for the link. I like getting a mid month block. Janet

NOTE***** Looking back at that block I see if we want 10" blocks our finished HST must measure 2.5" and the raw HST need to measure 3", therefore the squares need to be cut at 3.5 or a tad larger, for 3" trimmed HST.
    Last edited by Just Jan; 07-17-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Just Jan, love your extra block. I really like that site too, I've bookmarked it for later use. I didn't make the Barrister's Block from January, so I should maybe make one to replace it.
    I've got a bushel of peas that I picked this afternoon to shell tonight. Already picked, snapped and canned 5 quarts of green beans this afternoon. Think I'll call it a night when I finish shelling these peas. I'll freeze them in the morning.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I haven't done the extra block yet but I will, just didn't have the time today. Road trip to Montana tomorrow that will take the day, hopefully Wednesday it will be done.

Love the extra block Ok...I'm going to work on it next weekend when I'm off. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Just Jan, love your extra block. I really like that site too, I've bookmarked it for later use. I didn't make the Barrister's Block from January, so I should maybe make one to replace it.
    I've got a bushel of peas that I picked this afternoon to shell tonight. Already picked, snapped and canned 5 quarts of green beans this afternoon. Think I'll call it a night when I finish shelling these peas. I'll freeze them in the morning.
    I don't know why you don't plan to make February's Barrister's Block, but you might want to rethink that. I passed it by for weeks then decided to bite the bullet, and I'm sooo glad I did. Its now one of my favorite blocks.

My Crossroads block is from BaseBlock.
    If you make the Dutch Pinwheel don't forget to write down my notes regarding the sizes. There are just 16 HST in it, 4 across. To make a 10" block to fit with our others, each HST must have a finished size of 2.5" and the raw size would be 3". Cut your squares at 3 1/2 or larger.

I'm jealous of all your peas and beans. Not worth bothering with a garden in FL. Lousy, sandy soil,constant watering and then just when you think it's ok- the bugs get them! I did buy a few green beans to can, but it's really expensive that way. I made mixed pickles for me, and I made pickled beans for my friend. She doesn't freeze or can and she wanted some so bad that I made them to eat when she came over to visit and some for her to take home. The thing I miss most is being able to can my own spaghetti sauce and just regular crushed tomatoes. YUM (I'm originally from PA and I always had a nice garden.) About all I can or freeze now are home made soups, and some strawberry jam. And now that I've been sick I could not handle all that work anyway. No wonder you're tired! But I'll bet when you see your accomplishments it makes your heart happy!

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    I am caught up...
    I always admire someone that can work with dots and stripes in the same project. Actually stripes more than anything I so avoid them constantly. Nice work.

Blog Entries
    Here are my blocks for July with the the Bonus block.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Those are gorgeous, Annt. Will you use sashing on setting them together? It's sure going to be pretty.

Ann, I love those purples and green together. Well done.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast