Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Quilting Bee May, 2017 >

New Quilting Bee May, 2017

New Quilting Bee May, 2017

Old 05-31-2017, 05:35 PM

Christine: Congrats on finishing! I like both of your blocks and that light green has a very pretty and interesting design.

Cerise: I know that I would get concerned whenever I saw a block with the triangle corners but now I realize that if I do the small half square triangle first and then add the triangles to it to make the larger triangle, it works better. I have tried to sew the 3 triangles together and then add the corner one and it was a disaster! Lol!

I'm waiting patiently to see the new blocks tomorrow.

Connie
Old 05-31-2017, 07:39 PM

I will be late this month but I will finish my May block this weekend. Thank goodness the season is over. I can actually breathe again.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:47 PM

Great to see ya Angie. Maybe you can get some needed sewing time in now..lolo Be sure to check in the morning for the June blocks..Have fun.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:47 AM

Hi Everybody! I sure have missed you! I am still on chemo but my surgery is done and I'm feeling a little stronger each day. Chasezzz has been, and still is being, a wonderful help to me with my treatments, etc. She told me about this and showed me her blocks. I fell in love with them. I'm having quilting withdrawals and need to fondle some fabric, so here goes... I made one May block and will try to get caught up. I may be slow but one is better than none! lol Here is my Morning Star block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573975[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails morning-star.jpg  
Old 06-01-2017, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
Hi Everybody! I sure have missed you! I am still on chemo but my surgery is done and I'm feeling a little stronger each day. Chasezzz has been, and still is being, a wonderful help to me with my treatments, etc. She told me about this and showed me her blocks. I fell in love with them. I'm having quilting withdrawals and need to fondle some fabric, so here goes... I made one May block and will try to get caught up. I may be slow but one is better than none! lol Here is my Morning Star block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573975[/ATTACH]
Glad to hear the surgery is done. Doesn't matter how slow you work at blocks, its good therapy, or at least it is for me. Maybe I am just a fabriholic. This one looks great!! Keep up the good work. I have to play catch up, and I know others do too, so you aren't alone for sure.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Block looks good Jan! And you are getting the May blocks done just in time for the new June patterns!
Old 06-01-2017, 04:02 PM

Just Jan: Thanks for your health update. Great looking block.

Connie
Old 06-01-2017, 06:05 PM

I agree Just Jan, so glad you are joining! You can go at your own pace, no hurry here. Waiting for this month's blocks, will keep checking. I have lots to do with a quilt of my own and a customer order today for a "Crown Royal" quilt, yup my sewing machine is going to be humming....and I have a quilt on the frame that needs quilting.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:36 PM

Just Jan, so glad your surgery went well. I'm glad you decided to join this group. It is so much fun to see all the blocks completed in different color ways. I'm excited about the final show and tell when all the tops are put together and pics are posted. I have a few ideas on finishing the blocks, but will see if I don't change my mind numerous time throughout the year. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Take care and happy sewing/quilting everyone.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:48 PM

**FYI - you need to go to 'New Quilting Bee, June 2017' to see new blocks for June, they were posted late Wednesday night.