Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 12-13-2011, 09:21 AM

I know using Triangulations or inklingo are both easier ways to make mulitiples of HST or QST, but the problem would be the fact that you would be making so many of them alike, since you stack the light and darks. I'm trying to do mine all scrappy, mixing the fabrics all up, but I found that I was driving myself crazy trying to make sure I didn't have duplicates. So I finally just did them in groups, and hopefully won't have many duplicates.

I discovered I actually have 55 finished and squared up QST's! The squaring up to 2.5" has taken a long time too! I'm noticing that some of mine are coming out a scant small so am only sewing scant 1/4" seams. For those you haven't started the first part of making the QST's, I would definitely recommend cutting the original squares at 3.5" not 3.25"to be sure the finished sewing will be 2.5."

To make the HST, I used "Stitching Lines" by Marin & Colusa. I know the gal who makes these, and they make it really easy-but you do have the tear off the paper, as in the strings!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
WOW you are on a roll!! I'm working on them between Christmas gifts I'm trying to get finished and in the mail. I swear sometimes I think I have ADA. I can only work on the same pattern for a short period of time before I begin to loose my mind and need to move on to somethingelse. That's my excuse for all the UFO's I have
I would rather be doing Christmas, but I don't have anyone to celebrate with. I keep busy, so I don't really have to dwell on it.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
been tossing too - can't stand it - need sleep !!

Ok how do you get these things to post? I just get HTML codes

I've got all my QTS cut and have are sewn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah Me!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 PM

Darn Sadie wish you were closer. I have a small family and would love to have you over. When I was with my parents we had family get together's that were huge but now with my kids scattered all over the country and the fact that I am widowed any celebration is very small.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Darn Sadie wish you were closer. I have a small family and would love to have you over. When I was with my parents we had family get together's that were huge but now with my kids scattered all over the country and the fact that I am widowed any celebration is very small.
I wish I lived closer also. I just looked at where you live. When my DH and DMIL were alive we used to go and visit my MIL a couple of times a year. She lived in Eugene and then in Springfield.

When my DM was still alive we had huge family dinners for every holiday. Now I see my sister quite a lot, but the rest of my family I don't see very often. It is really quite sad.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:17 PM

Sadie: It is sad that we don't live in the tight communities that used to be the norm. There are a lot of Board members that live here in Springfield. I think it would be great fun to get together at some time. We do have the Sisters Quilt Show in July, lets think about it.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 AM

Ok how do you get these things to post? I just get HTML codes

I've got all my QTS cut and have are sewn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah Me!!!!
Congrats on the QTS!

To post the emoticons from pics4ever, highlight and copy the link in the FIRST column to use on this forum. (If you want to use them in a regular email, do the same thing, but copy the link in the last column instead of the first.) Paste it into your message. I usually just click on it, CTRL C, tab over to the message, and then CTRL V where I want it. If that's what you did, then I don't know what's the matter
Old 12-14-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
Congrats on the QTS!

To post the emoticons from pics4ever, highlight and copy the link in the FIRST column to use on this forum. (If you want to use them in a regular email, do the same thing, but copy the link in the last column instead of the first.) Paste it into your message. I usually just click on it, CTRL C, tab over to the message, and then CTRL V where I want it. If that's what you did, then I don't know what's the matter
Ok, I know how to do those ones. I was trying to use the ones from Smiley Central that had HTML code

LOL don't know how, but it worked this time, lol
Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 AM

I have been looking at last years Bonnie Hunter Mystery called Roll Roll Cotton Bowl. I don't have the dimentions and size of the blocks - all I have is the photos of the steps. Help! Can anyone remember the sizes to cut those cute little squares? I didn't print it at the time and it is not published yet.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Ok, I know how to do those ones. I was trying to use the ones from Smiley Central that had HTML code

LOL don't know how, but it worked this time, lol
Looks good, I'll have to try that website out too.