Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 10-01-2014, 08:59 AM

Naomi and Mimi - fabulous stars. I have to confess I'm really drawn to Naomi's -- they are "my" colours!
Judy - love your Tiddlewinks quilts. I like yours better than the one by the creator as every square on hers is scrappy. I like a more controlled look like what you did. Maybe I might try one between mysteries. Let's see - this one and the QCA one end the last of October, and Bonnie Hunter usually starts hers around Thanksgiving to end around New Years. Then the annual one day NY quilt, and another from you in mid January? Wow! I'm going to be busy! But having lots of fun.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

naomi, love your colors and that white.
I'm thinking maybe i should have kept my grey white. i'll see in the end. this is so much fun.
It's exciting waiting for the next clue. Only a few more days left till the next one.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Lyonnie, glad to see you back. I hope the pain is not too bad. Rest and relax and we will keep you entertained with our progress. LOL
Alonka, I love your fabric choice, very pretty.
By the way, I now have my fabric washed and ready to cut this Friday. I hope to be caught up by Sunday evening. Way too busy with dogs going to the vet and taking the car to get checked up and working. Plus I 'm watching the KC Royals play, what a game last night. Now I have to watch them play in the play-offs.LOL
happy sewing everyone.

Did someone say scrappy mystery? I'm in. Just say the word. Will it be this year or next year? I'm so exited, another mystery coming!!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Happylab, scrappy mystery middle of January 2015.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:02 AM

I have completed my 2 steps. I just finished lunch and appreciated the white linen tablecloths and napkins in the dining car.
Attached Thumbnails 9-3014_0001.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 11:36 AM

Very nice, annt59! I love the red and green.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:50 AM

I too love your avatar quilt.

It could be a future mystery. You could change your avatar and then do up the quilt in a future mystery. Could be interesting to see how many people would remember the avarar.

Lynnie, glad to see you on the board and up and around. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Thanks, Lynnie, but sorry, I don't know the name of my avatar quilt. I saw a picture of it and made it from that. Was a pain, because I had to go block by block to see what colors went where, but think it was worth the trouble. Figured it was from a jelly roll, because there were lots of strips in so many different colors. Just used 2-1/2'' strips and figured it out from there.

Wouldn't be a mystery if I used this, would it?
Old 10-01-2014, 12:21 PM

I feel like a Slacker! I've been working on things to go off to the fair's quilt show. and I have this mystery all set out ready to go as soon as they are ready. I only have 3 bindings to do by next wednesday then I can catch up to everyone.

I would do the next train but I'm not sure how that will go... a 2.5 almost 3 yr old at home plus a 1 month old baby it may be hard to jump on that train. but I'm going to follow along for sure!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch View Post
I would do the next train but I'm not sure how that will go... a 2.5 almost 3 yr old at home plus a 1 month old baby it may be hard to jump on that train. but I'm going to follow along for sure!
That makes me tired just thinking about it. My kids were 15 months apart, and I spent several years exhausted!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:54 PM

I was so taken with Angelia's scrappy version, I just had to make one. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? Right! Her colours are very rich and regal - looking, whereas mine is more plebian. But I like it. My E will be various greens -- or depending on the next clue, perhaps a constant green. Will make that up as I go along. Now to finish sewing the stars for the "right" version, and finishing the scrappy ones before Saturday. Whew!

BTW, I dropped of quesadilla and chips in the club car. Enjoy. I'll bring some Sangria later after the sun is over the yardarm.

Attached Thumbnails mt-7-scrappy-stars.jpg