Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 09-28-2014, 04:46 AM

Good morning all,
After reevaluating my fabric selection, I realized I was only using 4 fabrics verses using 5 fabric which was called for for this mystery quilt. I decided on using these fabric if it seems it will go with the pattern, ect. I know it appears like I will have a dark quilt, but I was wanting a fall quilt and a way to use my A fabric. I have 1 yard of B and C. The other fabrics I have 1 1/2yards or more. Is the lay out of the fabric okay. I really like the violet and blue fabric. But if is better to switch the fabrics around for the pattern, it's okay.
Everyone have fun sewing and have a great day.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 05:50 AM

Thanks, everyone -- the left pink it is.
HappyLab -- love those colour choices, and don't think they are dark at all -- just very rich. I'll be interested to see if Judy recommends moving A to the D spot. It appears so far, we are using more D than anything. But then again, it's early in the game.

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
QUESTION: stupid I know, do we assemble this block, and do we cut corner squares?
Looked but didn't see it printed. don't want to assume anything yet on this trip.
Thanks.
That threw me for a bit as well, so I was really glad to see Nana's block done. You cut 2-1/2" squares from fabric B (the same colour as the goose in the flying geese block). 24 squares will make the six blocks.

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
does anyone have the written direction and photos for each step... i find them so helpful? I tried to print them from the thread and my printer started at page 1... way too many pages to print.
The way I do it, is I highlight the step, including the pictures and right click to copy the highlighted area and then open a Word document and paste it there. That way I have all the steps on my computer for my own use later.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 09-28-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:26 AM

ok, so two pictures, lol, computer has a mind of its own....one is a top my Daughter just finished piecing and is trying to decide on the quilting and the other is a bit of the 7th Mystery Quilt....guess which is which...lol
Attached Thumbnails aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-001.jpg   aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-002.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 06:33 AM

Your purples are lovely. What is the pattern of your daughter's top?--I love it!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Good morning all,
After reevaluating my fabric selection, I realized I was only using 4 fabrics verses using 5 fabric which was called for for this mystery quilt. I decided on using these fabric if it seems it will go with the pattern, ect. I know it appears like I will have a dark quilt, but I was wanting a fall quilt and a way to use my A fabric. I have 1 yard of B and C. The other fabrics I have 1 1/2yards or more. Is the lay out of the fabric okay. I really like the violet and blue fabric. But if is better to switch the fabrics around for the pattern, it's okay.
Everyone have fun sewing and have a great day.
Gorgeous colors, fabulous ... going to be an eye opener. love it. Can you switch A and D?
Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 AM

I can change A for D one the previous or I can do this fabric selection? Bye the way, bright is fine with me. I 'm just looking for the best results. Which I know we all are.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:16 AM

Angelia - you're welcome

Belfry - hadn't seen the connecting threads one before, thanks for sharing. And wow - great colors. if you are changing your E, wait till ready to cut the E pieces and decide at that poing. Me, p;ersonally, I love color and movement, so am voting by myself, I guess, as it looks like most votes for the left side. Was your mult color print your D? I think so but not sure.

m-fay - go to the Quilt of Valor's web page -- www.QofVF.gov -- for all the info you need. There are chapters all over the world for honoring vets of their country.

happyfab - Belfry guessed it. much prefer your first fabric choices and would love to see the A and D switched. Second pix posted, pretty colors but doesn't have the drama.

sunlite - love your colors. And DD's quilt is terrific. And would love the name of the pattern.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:19 AM

I think I will go with this layout. I really like these colors. Thank-you.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:19 AM

Gpood grief, just took another look at Sunlite's daughters quilt and realized they are Hunter's stars!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:21 AM

Now to have fun catching up with the train. Bye for a while. Happy sewing everyone. I left some apple crisp and ice cream for everyone. Enjoy eating.