Pony Club Thread 3

Old 07-04-2020, 07:04 PM

SBG - I ended up with two Pony Club Quilts! One had pony fabrics and the other one had all the non pony fabrics. The pony quilt is completed, the non pony is a flimsy!
Old 07-04-2020, 07:28 PM

SBG--Great to see you getting so many PC blocks completed! I can't wait to get out to my craft room to sew next week.

Jeanie--beautiful quilt! I've never done any ruler quilting, but that sure looks nice.

Dublb--sorry to hear about your FDGD. I am sure that is hard on everyone.

My nephew was here for a few days this past week and I taught him how to sew a simple pillowcase. He's 10 and did pretty good. It is so helpful to have a machine with speed control and start/stop button when teaching someone to sew! I taught my own children using a petal and that isn't quite so forgiving!
Attached Thumbnails img_1836.jpeg  
Old 07-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Carrie - what a cute nephew! He looks so proud of his pillow case!
Old 07-04-2020, 08:32 PM

Beautiful quilting, Jeanie!
SBG, that second block with the chicken wire center is a neat pattern. It's so neat that it makes me want to get my PC book out again just to make one! But, too many projects out already, so will postpone on that.
carriem, I gave my old Sears Singer to my 7-year-old granddaughter today. She did really good with the foot pedal! It was so fun to help her learn.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Jeanie, I love that wavy quilting. Yummy quilt!
So do you mean you made all the PC blocks twice? Or did you just split one set up into two quilts? I can't imagine making these twice... they are so difficult! I went back to PP because my traditionally pieced blocks didn't looks that good. But PP is hard too. Lots of ripping!

Carrie, your nephew is adorable. He made a nice pillowcase!

Givio, how sweet that you gave your sewing machine to your granddaughter. Is that the one she used when she sewed with you? If she has a place to leave it set up, she can get in lots of sewing practice.

Glad you all aren't getting tired of my PC blocks. Will try and make another pair tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:20 PM

SBG - I only made the blocks once!!! I just picked out the ones with pony's in them and made one lap quilt - then made another lap size with the "other" blocks. I have not quilted the 2nd one yet. Here is my Pony Club Quilt:
Attached Thumbnails pony-club-1.jpg  
Old 07-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

That's a special quilt, Jeanie! I love how you used fussy cut horse fabrics for the border. So beautiful!
Old 07-05-2020, 10:16 AM

SBG - I think got obsessed in my pony fabric buying! LOL I had so much left over.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:26 AM

I had a large box of leftovers from the pony quilt, and I sent them on to others who would use them up. I cannot stand 'waste' of anything that someone could use. If I can recycle, I will. I may think 'big' but learning I do not move that fast anymore. Dsf. Guess it part of realizing I don't get to live 3 continuous lives on earth to use up all the fabric I have. But I am going to enjoy every day I have to live. Time for lots of love, no time for hate.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

I bought too much pony fabric, too! It's a great idea to use it in the border or even on the backs. I think I'll probably be doing that too. After that, I'll make charity quilts.