Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Block of the Month July 15, 2007 - Tim's Compass Star - The Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/block-month-july-15-2007-tims-compass-star-photos-t1438.html)

vicki reno 08-07-2007 02:55 AM

Looks great! You are very talented--love your colors. :-)

k_jupiter 08-14-2007 04:40 PM

It's been a month since I posted this and I wanna say... Y'all do good work. Those are some great looking interpritations of my block and I would be proud to use all of them in a quilt with that theme. As a matter of fact, p-mail me and I will send you my snail mail address and you can send them to me.

Thank you all for making July 15th BoTM somewhat a succcess.

And everytime I see annmarie's avatar, I think... What a nice block!.

*L*

tim in san jose

grandma24 08-15-2007 05:10 AM

HI Guys
I know it has been awhile but I am still around. Tim and Oatrice this star is a wonder to behold, way beyond me. Quiltnurse

patricej 08-15-2007 05:36 AM

Grandma24, the day you decide you CAN do it, is the day you will find you have the skills you need. It's like any other block. 90% of success is refusal to believe you can't learn how. :wink:

Tim ... you speak as though your block has come to an end. NOT SO!!! there are still folks out there who haven't seen it yet. some will find it and make it. others have it on their "someday" lists already.

No deadlines or cutoff dates around here. They don't call this place the Quilters' Paradise for nuthin'. :P

susan s. 08-15-2007 07:10 AM

Great pattern Tim. I love your color choices. I'm so far behind on these blocks I'm going to have to do a sewing blitze to catch up! Every one is doing a fantabulous job. Can't wait to try this pattern. It is actually one I've been intending to try some version of. I see it so often in so many sizes and colors whenever I browse a quilting website. I've noticed how well the pattern lends itself to various interpretations. Is anyone combining all of these patterns into a single Quilt? I've gone and used so many different colors, I'm afraid joining them all together would be sooo! gaudy. So I'm finishing a couple into throw pillows and plan a couple lap quilts.

k_jupiter 08-15-2007 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Grandma24, the day you decide you CAN do it, is the day you will find you have the skills you need. It's like any other block. 90% of success is refusal to believe you can't learn how. :wink:

Tim ... you speak as though your block has come to an end. NOT SO!!! there are still folks out there who haven't seen it yet. some will find it and make it. others have it on their "someday" lists already.

No deadlines or cutoff dates around here. They don't call this place the Quilters' Paradise for nuthin'. :P

Now Patrice, don't go John Milton on me.

I wasn't calling a halt to this block. I just wanted to praise those who have made the block, give encouragement to those who have tried, and thank y'all for making the block a... a... , well success isn't quite the word, but at least it didn't fall like a lead balloon.

tim

mimisharon 08-25-2007 05:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This one wouldn't attach with the compass rose so BOO you better look at these posts, lol lol :mrgreen:

I DO love sparkle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]640[/ATTACH]

I do love bright bright colors and sparkles, Boo, did you catch this?

vicki reno 08-25-2007 05:32 AM

Wow! Sharon if I had been wearing socks and tennies instead of sandals when looking at this, it would've knocked them right off of me :!: :!: :!:
Outstanding job. You are one talented lady. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to try this one. Now you can cut your cloud fabric. You have my permission :D Great job :!: You go girl!

mimisharon 08-25-2007 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This one wouldn't attach with the compass rose so BOO you better look at these posts, lol lol :mrgreen:

I DO love sparkle

mimisharon 08-25-2007 05:39 AM

Thanks, Vicki, I love it. You CAN do it, you're on a few months older than me and you have the patience to WEAVE baskets in a quilt........come on, you can do it!!!

:-)