Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 01-24-2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5809518)

Sorry for so few posts lately but please keep yours coming--makes for such a nice break when I come out of the sewing room. My shoulders and neck are killing me. I was whining about how heavy that quilt is but when I weighed it (yes, I'm that anal) it only weighs 7 pounds. Feels more like 50 at this point.

Have a great day no matter what you do today; will check in later about my binding question. Thanks!

When I was quilting my FWS quilt, I had the same problem with my shoulders and neck. It is from maneuvering that quilt around! I had a Drs. appt and complained to her, she said that the tendons in the shoulder blade area were actually swollen. Glad when that quilt was finished, and have to be more careful in the future not to spend so much time twisting the quilt around to quilt it. It really hurt! Regarding the binding. I do nothing but machine binding! My arthritis really acts up with hand sewing, so refrain from doing that. I fold the binding to the back and SITD on the front to secure mine. The back does not look as neat, but it is fine for my quilts, and it is secure! (Are the quilt police going to come after me???)

carriem 01-24-2013 02:11 PM

More blocks are here...all the way from The Netherlands!!!

Anael--your blocks are so bright and cheerful especially on this cold day. :)

mirabelle 01-24-2013 02:53 PM

Water is finally receding, the rain stopped around 2 yesterday afternoon and has moved south. I didn't have to move my car to higher ground thank goodness.
Today the town will be in clean up mode.
So now I have very wet ground and the sun is shining which means HUMIDITY through the roof. Will be turning the air-cons on and hanging out in the sewing room.

Anael every day Bram and Isa are with us is a blessing, stay strong..

QuiltingNinaSue 01-24-2013 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jeanie, good for you doing it your way!!

Mirabelle, it is good the water is going down and not up any more.

So, Carrie how many bbs do you have from PC riders or should I say how many PC riders have mailed you their bbs...

Finished dh AIL throw quilt and made her another one out of fleece. I'd show the pictures but cannot get the browser button in QB to go to desktop. [ATTACH=CONFIG]390399[/ATTACH]Her original is on the left looking at the photo, new one on the right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]390400[/ATTACH]backside of quilts, original on left as you look at it showing the 'ties', the other is the new fleece throw backing. I did finally find my daring needle; cannot believe they are not on the market in quilt stores!

gardnergal970 01-24-2013 04:02 PM

Jan...to make the binding easier, I glue it where I want it before I sew it. I sew it on the back and fold to the front, glue and press in place and then stitch. I've also used a decorative stitch which really dresses up the binding. Maybe you should treat yourself Tina good massage when you get done quilting.
OK...whoohoooo. What a relief it is because all of those records make a stack a mile high! Welcome back to your other reality...quilting! Your soup sounds wonderful. I had leftover turkey soup from the freezer today.
Anael...clean and shiny, huh? Glad you got the news so you could carry on.
Mirabelle...keep the air going and stay inside. I understand about not liking humidity. I literally melt in that kind of weather. My DH likes it. He says he doesn't ache as much then.

mercysland 01-24-2013 07:11 PM

Hi All,

I'm "mercysland" aka Laurie Aaron Hird, the author of The Pony Club. I have happily returned from a very long absence from the Quilting Board. I have missed so much from your block of the week, and have a lot of fun catching up to do. The blocks that I have seen are so beautiful! I look very forward to getting to know you all. Thank you for having me. Hugs, Laurie

mirabelle 01-24-2013 07:21 PM

So lovely to have you back with us Laurie, this group has certainly bonded throughout the making of the Farmers Wife and Pony Club Quilt. But we really need another project to keep our hands busy, any chance you are writing another book:rolleyes:

oksewglad 01-24-2013 07:31 PM

Greetings Laurie. You will find this thread to be very chatty as primary posters have developed a wonderful online camaraderie. Some have even met each other IRL:). Welcome!

carriem 01-24-2013 07:34 PM

QNS--great finishes! I am sure your AIL will like them. :)

Mirabelle--good to know your water is going down and clean up is underway.

Laurie--hello, nice to hear from you. :) Will you be speaking at any guilds in Iowa this year? It would be great to see you again!

dublb 01-24-2013 10:33 PM

So nice ta meet ya Laurie. Some o' us have finished their quilts, some are just now finishin' 'em, & some (like me ) are waaaaay behind. LOL You'll be seein' blocks for some time yet. LOL