Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 05-25-2016 07:26 PM

Very interesting about he use of vinegar for arthritis. I cannot grip my hands completely closed either (almost though). My right hand was much worse until I had physical therapy for it. The hand therapy department was just wonderful. A lot of work though. This was several years ago, but my right hand is so much better!

JuneBillie - great news on Jessica - please keep us posted! I'll continue my prayers.

sewbizgirl 05-25-2016 08:22 PM

Yes, wonderful news about Jessica! Will pray she continues to get stronger and recover until she's totally back to normal and healthy.

There are so many great flavored teas now, even flavored green tea, that you really don't have to put anything in them. If you want to sweeten your tea, you could use a little honey or I often use Stevia leaf. I can't stand sweetened coffee, (except for the little bit of sweetness in the creamer), but I do like a bit of stevia in my tea. I love coffee and tea both.

I use Herbalife products and they have a really good pomegranite/green tea that I love.

sewbizgirl 05-25-2016 08:57 PM

Just posted Doris, Em and Eva in their respective threads. Little by little I'm catching up. Need to get more printer ink tomorrow before I can print this week's PP patterns.

dublb 05-25-2016 09:43 PM

We came to Ft Worth today to see if DH's cousin has a hand written will in the house. We can't get the body cremated till next week so I guess we will see how that goes. We will have to come back for that.
DH is sick. The further we drove the worse he felt. We stopped at Weatherford (a western suburb of Ft Worth) & got a hotel room. A quick trip to Walgreens & we picked up some aspirin, Muninex, & a thermometer. Once we got back to the hotel room I took his temp. Yup, It was 101.8. The aspirin brought it down.
While he rested in the hotel room I went to Gibsons & bought 5 different half yard cuts of Moda. Spent $21! I then bought us supper & brought it to the room. After that I sewed on a project while DH watched TV. He is asleep ow & I am about to join him.

sewbizgirl 05-26-2016 05:04 AM

Bev, prayers go with you as you and your dh take care of his cousin's affairs. I hope your hubby is feeling better today. God bless you both.

Honchey 05-26-2016 09:57 AM

My mother-in-law had a 1/2 glass of vinegar, honey mixed with hot water every morning.. She walked back & forth to work from home 2 miles every day..She said it helped with arthritis...She wore simple house dresses to work starched so stiff they would rustle when she moved..:) She was an amazing person.

Bev, I hope things get easier for you soon...

Have a good Weekend and Memorial Day!!! Wear the Poppies proudly!!

lynnie 05-26-2016 10:20 AM

sewbiz, what a wonderful piece of hand emb. wonderful job on this piece.

sewbizgirl 05-26-2016 12:27 PM

Thank you, Lynnie.

dublb 05-26-2016 07:32 PM

We got up this AM, packed up & went to Forest Hill, where his DC lived. We met the older couple that had been helping him the last 2 years. They are such wonderful people. The house was such a sad situation. It's gonna have to be torn down. We will see about getting it condemmed. I am not looking forward to going through & throwing most of the stuff away. We sent him some $ to fix the roof & work on the house when Mike's DM died. He let his "friends" help him blow it.
We met the older couple that had been helping him the last 2 years.
Once we had gathered some family picts we couldn't stay in the house any longer so we just decided to come to Brady. My DCousin (Sandy) is coming to Brady late tomarrow.
I the mean time #2DSis called & she had to take DM back to the hospital for vomiting & dehydration again. (They think that it is a virus.) She is now at DSis's house. If I have to I will cancel w/Sandy & head back home but right now I think that DSis has it under control.
Mike's fever was gone this morning but I think he has a low grade one tonight. I might have to cancel w/Sandy if DH still has a fever again tomarrow. I hope that we don't have to cancel. We have had this planned for over a month.

oksewglad 05-26-2016 10:15 PM

Ah, Bev...sometimes you just have to breathe....hugs...G