Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 02-20-2013 07:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just want to show you Isa after surgery. She's such a beautiful tiny girl and so brave!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396570[/ATTACH]
And this is Bram with his new snuggle, embroidered sheets and hat with little frogs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396571[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 02-20-2013 07:23 AM

Good Morning Ladies ... still :( with my latest mail check. Later this afternoon I'll stalk the PO again and see what I might find!

MiraB ... any better luck down under?
And to our Dear Sweet Fearless Leader Honchey ....

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5872685)
I told you it would be fun!!!

ha! You knew the economy was going to get a boost out of this!! :D

Homemade Spray Glue ... curious, but hesitant!!! I detest June Tailor ... but appreciate 505 very much, though I hate the price. So please let me know when some of the rest of you try it!

GGal ... GMTA ... I've been thinking about doing twin blocks or little sisters too! Just hadn't quite decided what I might do. Although, if any of you want a full sized quilt, then the 12" blocks are not too big. My white sampler as 12" blocks in a 5x5 layout with sashing/borders. Though making 6" duplicates will change some of our colour schemes! :)

Honchey ... ITA whenever I have worked with 12" blocks, they seem so huge and awkward now! When I started the 8" 8" PCs they seemed so huge. I'm getting used to them, though I will fess, I still like my 6"FWS size to work with! Or ......... :D we could go smaller and shrink them down further to 4" blocks!! :D

QNSue ... refill the pantry, batten the hatches and then you can sit and sew .......... and let DH look after the cooking during the storm! :)

Honchey ... what are your plans for the postage stamp blocks you've made? Or is that the start of 12 PCMR blocks? :D

Anael ... tears of joy came when I read about the progress of the twins. And then floods came when I saw the sweet pics. So glad that Isa is back to her "home" hospital.

Request Please!! ... do any of you have any somewhat realistic PP patterns for farm animals? Or know of any good links? If so I'd appreciate them. Size doesn't matter, as with this new handy-dandy printer, I can deal with that! :) Please? and Thanks!

Anael 02-20-2013 07:38 AM

QuiltE, do you need realistic animals? I will have to go through my books, no idea if I have any. But I need to know what kind of animals you're looking for.

My dearest surrogate grandma's

​The box arrived with your flannels! I'm speechless!!!! I've never seen such gorgeous flannels before! I don't know how to thank you all. All I can say is THANK YOU!!!

Anael 02-20-2013 07:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Look what you sent:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396587[/ATTACH]
even the box has found a new destination:D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396588[/ATTACH]

Honchey 02-20-2013 08:16 AM

QuiltE, these are 2.5" squares and the plan is to do a quilt called 5 at 5..and it's supposed to resemble film strips..only...I don't want a white background...I was thinking a toned down or burnt orange, rust...that's what developed film looks like...
It seems like I have to have alot of irons in the fire...I can bounce from one to the other without getting bored...

Anael. precious little babies...

QuiltE. I will browse my programs & see if there any suitable...what size block are you looking to do??

carriem 02-20-2013 08:19 AM

Anael--when I saw the kitty fabric I thought of your kitty, so that is why I picked that one out. :) Too funny he has already claimed the box! Good pictures of the babies...glad to hear they are doing well.

Honchey--fun blocks. Lots of projects keeps life in the sewing room exciting....right? :thumbup:

dublb 02-20-2013 08:21 AM

Hey Ya'll!
I'm so excited for the twins. My prayers are still goin' out for ya. Such milestones.
:):(:) Tears o' mixed emotions!
As for the homemade glue my brain is workin' overtime. I've got some ideas about it. They are all only half formed so I'm not gonna write 'em down till I work 'em out.
PCMC is gonna be so much fun. I'm still workin' on ideas. :)

dublb 02-20-2013 08:24 AM

I just love your li'le charms, or stamps. They are just lovely.

dublb 02-20-2013 08:33 AM

I'm so frustrated w/myself! I keep forgittin' what I wanted ta say & post away.
I meant ta tell
Anael how lovely the flannel. Carrie Ya did a great job pickin' it 'em out. I sent the jungle amimals & sure hope there is enough for ya ta do somethin' with. It is already prewashed & there is no fabric softener on it. It might have some Best Press on it. I don't remember if I pressed it before I cut it or after. My Great Nephew has a large blanket out 'o it.

oksewglad 02-20-2013 09:05 AM

A little late here this morning but what a sight to see. Pics of the SewGrands--oh I like the sound of that--and a Thank the Lord shout out.
Sorry that we sent so much work for Oma to do!! :DAll that lovely fabric; the SewGrands will be decked out in style. When I made preemie clothes for GNiece 17 years ago; I told the parents to keep what they wanted for keepsakes; but they were welcome to pass on the clothes to another little one in the unit. Some tiny ones don't have the luxury of a sewing Oma. The 3 fabrics I sent are washed with no scented soap and no fabric softeners. Ready to sew. Oh and found a fourth piece that somehow got left behind here. Thanks for the send off Carrie.
Honchey--love your postage stamp. I've been working on a 1 1/2" 9P from squares from a board swap. Here's a link
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...-a-t42414.html
Like you have many sewing "irons" in the fire! Every once in a while when I want to mindlessly sew I pull them out. I can lay 4 9P's on the 12+" piece of tablecloth. Make for good leaders and enders too.
QE--Just thinking on the homemade spray--you wouldn't have the odor issues and any residue that falls outside the designated area would be cleaned up easily with soap and water. I'll check on farm animal patterns.
Lost in translation QNS and Anael? Anael I can see a Dutchman with a stern look on his face going; arms crossed in front of his body; saying "Ahem".:D I know a couple of them!
Gotta dash--QBuddies and I are sewing today. I have to pick out fabric for our little project. So fun for us all.
Very cold and windy yesterday with a little snow blowing. Mid teens today and sunny; but be prepared for a big blast on Thursday. It's the tail of the "I'll believe it when I see it" storm heading QNS's way first.