Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 03-06-2013 03:54 PM

It isn't really a "circle"...here is the link to the block: http://quilterscache.com/F/FriendshipCircleBlock.html

Honchey 03-06-2013 04:05 PM

Carriem, I'm trying to remember what this block looks like in colors..I know I saw it somewhere..

carriem 03-06-2013 04:09 PM

when you go to the pattern there are links to a couple samples of blocks others have made on that page...

QuiltingNinaSue 03-06-2013 04:55 PM

Thanks, Carrie, I guess inquiring minds wanted to know...enough said. It is an interesting site that I think I know, then one pops up that I don't remember.

Anyone have any experience with duvet...making them or using them? JoAnn's has a free pattern on their site.

oksewglad 03-06-2013 07:13 PM

I really like how that block creates a secondary design. Good choice, Carrie.
Thanks for the info on the duvet, QNS. I have 2 old, but very nice wool blankets I'd like to make covers for. I washed them; shrank very little. Did not put them in the drier. They would make excellent centers for a duvet, don't you think?
dublb--hug that new little one. I'm sure he's already started growing.
All the chatter about the MB's just heightens the excitement, doesn't it?
I'm trying to get a mini done for a fundraiser. The owner of some ground we rent, is going through some tough times with cancer. A FR in their community is St Patrick's Day and I need to get this done so it can head west. So off I go trying to get sewing time in this week. DS and BIL are staying in ND this weekend because of weather threat for their return trip. Bummer, but maybe in a month they will be down.

Honchey 03-06-2013 07:14 PM

growing up we had them on our feather quilts..My grandmother would make them from sheets sized to fit the quilts (like a pillow case) with ties on the open end...they kept the feather quilts clean...

QuiltingNinaSue 03-06-2013 08:20 PM

Never heard of 'feather quilts' just feather beds, a mattress tick fabric filled with downy feathers from ducks or geese, real soft downy feathers, you shook and it would with air from the out side in and let you nestle down into its warmth. We used to sew up a three sided piece of wool or cotton, stuff the worn, holey and torn blanket in it and hand tie it into place. We had feather pillows, too, that i helped Gran make.

But never handled a duvet...which i believe encases the quilt protecting from harm. Old quilts had muslin fabric piece down about 12 to 18 inches from the top to protect the top of the quilt from the man's whiskers.

Honchey 03-06-2013 08:27 PM

I still have my grandmothers feather quilt...this one is a blend of feathers & down..I've always called it a "quilt"..it is very heavy..but warm...Gee, I could have used it when "Sandy" happened...

mirabelle 03-06-2013 09:27 PM

I have just arrived home, traffic was horrendous. Had to stop at the Doc's and have my dressing changed, it has been a long day for me.
Will catch up with you all tomorrow. I need to put my head on a pillow for a couple of hours:)

QuiltE 03-06-2013 09:36 PM

Hello All ... just realized I haven't been here most of yesterday and all of today ... and now I should be in bed, but I'm so curious as to what all has been happening in these parts!

Survived the dentist, though it was only a temporary fix being that it was an emergency appointment. So now have to go back in a week and a half for the serious stuff. UGH!!!!!! :(

Andthe hot news for today .............. Alas! I got my JanieW block!
I will admit I did not get to the PO yesterday, so perhaps it was there then.
:D It's beeeeeeauuuuuuutiful .......... THANK YOU JanieW!!! :D

Now off to catch up with my reading! :)