Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 03-05-2013 08:14 PM

Yes, Mirabelle your pineapple quilt is beautiful...I always wanted to try the block...

Now , I just need to know which one to do...what color corner triangles??? I know it's a red center, natural muslin where the black is and scrappy for the rest... decide GGal...

JeanieG 03-05-2013 09:12 PM

Mirabelle - that quilt is spectacular. What a wonderful way to use up scraps!

dublb 03-05-2013 10:44 PM

Mirabelle - Sigh, That's beautiful!!!!
GG - Ahh the pressure is on. LOL Not really, we just want ta know how ya want it. This is gonna be so much fun.
I leave for my retreat in th'mornin'. I will take my laptop but probably won't be on much. I'm finishin' up my packin' now, & headed for bed. :)

carriem 03-06-2013 04:45 AM

Dublb--have a great (and productive) time at your retreat!!

I am all packed for mine, but I don't leave until tomorrow. I go to the chiro today and will get the house picked up/laundry done. DH tries to keep it nice while I am gone (or at least they clean again before I get back)...so I should come home to a relatively clean house on Sunday. :) I too will have my laptop so will probably check in and maybe even share pictures of my progress.

gardnergal970 03-06-2013 05:26 AM

All....let's do it using the tut that I sent starting with a 2 1/2 inch red center and using 1 1/2 inch strips. Mirabelle is experienced with the block and found that the tut was easier than paper piecing. Like any other block, it's just a matter of accurate cutting and straight slight 1/4 inch seams. Hope this brings the horse and rope together, Janie. Can't have one without the other on this ride.
JanR and Carrie....thanks for cheering me on. I did get one more border on and the last one quilted yesterday. We'll see how long I can wrestle with the quilt in my small space if I get both of them attached today. I almost have the quilt on my design wall in the flimsy stage and will start working on the BBs. We got about 2 inches of snow last night. It's a beautiful world outside.
Mirabelle....hope we don't make you laugh and pull your stitches. Baby yourself a little and get well soon.
dubib....have fun at your retreat!

Honchey 03-06-2013 06:23 AM

Ok GGal..what color do you want for the corner triangles ??? or are we making a block like the one Mirabelle posted??

QuiltingNinaSue 03-06-2013 06:24 AM

Hope everyone has fun with this pineapple block, it really is very interesting block to do, challenging, and keeps one gong. Since I cut the third one I finished with the 2 1/2 inch square for the middle (squared up, so it was perfect) and 1 1/2 strips, wonder where I went wrong...maybe needed one more strip on it...maybe a scant 1/4 inch seam allowance. Guess with a red center, we are on our own on the rest of it, or GG, do you want red triangles as well? Or make the whole block from shades of red? I tried to get contrast on mine I posted on line here, since it is just 11.5. it is too small of a block, so would like to try again and see what I can do with it.

Mirabelle, beautiful quilt...looks so great! Hope we all can do as well and GG will have a good start on a beautiful quilt.

Now to get ready for dd and dgs incoming this Friday. Have the Hot Wheels and Easter goodies for him; meat on hand to fix in the crockpot (so I can play more with dgs). You all have fun on your retreats, I plan on having fun with dgs!!

Let it snow and get cold today and tomorrow and warm up like they have forecast!!

Anael 03-06-2013 06:59 AM

Janie, your block arrived today! It's gorgeous, thank you! And thanks for the sweet letter you sent with it.

JanieW 03-06-2013 08:03 AM

Aneal, Glad you got it and that you like it. How are Bram and Isa today? I sometimes miss your updates so am hoping all is well.

Carrie and Bev, Have fun on those retreats, you lucky ones.

Mirabelle, hope you're not as sore today. I knicked the area between my thumb and forefinger with the rotary cutter yesterday, but I 'm sure your discomfort is justified to be whine worthy, while mine is self inflicted and born of stupidity! :)

QNS, Have fun with your grandson tomorrow. How old is he? you sound like such a good grandma with all your preparations and making sure you have the things he likes.

Ggal, I think the horse and rope have been reunited, but it doesn't take much to confuse me somedays! :) I had the day from you know where yesterday in the sewing room. I am really looking forward to making the pineapple block for you. I hope we didn't drive you batty with all our questions. We just want to make a block that you want.

Anael 03-06-2013 08:27 AM

Janie, I didn't get an update from my DS or DDIL today, I guess I will hear from them this evening as they have been visiting Bram and Isa this afternoon. As soon as I know something I will post it.