Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 12-10-2013 09:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My daughter told me this arrived right after we left for Phoenix. It is my November block from dublb!!! Wow, I even got two of them. Just beautiful, thank you so much dublb!

dublb 12-10-2013 10:24 PM

Oh Jeanie, I tried ta git it ta ya before ya left, but Express mail just didn't deliver it soon enough. I'm so glad that ya like 'em. I'm sorry that the blue bled on ta the purple. I washed it 3 times before I ever cut it. When I did the first set o' blocks I realized that I had 2 goin' one way & 2 goin' the other way so I just made another set & made ya 2 blocks. I was tempted ta keep one for myself but kept thinkin that they should go tagether, so ya got 'em both. .

JeanieG 12-10-2013 10:33 PM

dublb - I love them, they go so well with all my others too! Thanks so much for all your hard work. Now, I have to get busy on my MB for this month! That is on my agenda for tomorrow, I want to get it in the mail ASAP. I'm afraid it will get bogged down with all the Christmas mail.

mirabelle 12-10-2013 10:45 PM

JeanieG what a beautiful set of blocks, they will make a beautiful memory quilt

Anael 12-10-2013 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6450231)
QNS your generosity as always amazes me, unfortunately the oceans between us makes it impossible for me to receive your Christmas surprise parcel. I hope that everyone that does get one enjoys it immensely.

So well said Mirabelle.

Yes Jan, I do feel great, so much better than the weeks before surgery :) I think you have confinced me to get a crockpot :D

GrannieQ, I hope you're feeling ok. Carrie made you a wonderful block. It fits in so well with the others.
I love the musical fabrics. My #2 DS loves anything music too and I thought about making him a musical quilt also. This is a great idea :)

Jeanie, welcome back! Great fabric prices. Even on sale in my LQS the fabric is still $ 8.00/yard.

janRN 12-11-2013 05:19 AM

Jeanie, sounds like you had a great time. I love the blocks Dublb made--you are going to have a beautiful quilt.

OK, love the Tree quilt--I'm sure they'll appreciate the gift.

It's brrr cold here but sunny. Another round of snow tonight and again on the week-end. I'm tired of winter already (and it doesn't officially begin until Dec. 21). Have a great day today and do something you love.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-11-2013 05:47 AM

GrannyQ, you made Carrie a wonderful block that I had not noticed in quilterscache. And the music blocks are perfect, too. Isn't it fun to visualize, then carry out your vision?

The Surprise boxes are not all for the tummy this year. Smaller items will go further. GrannyQ, Carrie, OKsewGlad, Mirabelle, JanRN, JeanieG, Dublb, Honckey, QuiltE, JanieW and GardenGal.... oh, dear, I am missing two names. Sorry, please update my senior moment anyone.

Have a good day everyone.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-11-2013 06:03 AM

How can I forget Anael and D_D? Yes, smaller packets will go abroad, but it will happen...outside the USA...'cause good will and cheer extends beyond the USA borders in this PC ride.

JeanieG you have a lovely twin set of blocks and they look wonderful... and you showed us all the blocks. wonderful. Not everyone has done that this time.

JanieW 12-11-2013 06:45 AM

Hi everyone,

we we have had the most bizarre week. The weather has been brutal, tons of snow, 100km winds which turned the snow drifts to cement. My dil had minor complications with her surgery so she is recovering more slowly than we had hoped. A few days ago we had -50 C temps. Today a Chinook is blowing in at about 80 km and the temps will be above zero. We will need to get the hip waders out.

We are surviving. Both the girls had strep throat, my sons car would not go in the cold even tho he had plugged it in. Oh the joys of winter. We haven't even thought about Christmas.

I am am getting a bit of hand sewing done so I haven't gone into withdrawal.

Hope this find everybody doing well

Anael 12-11-2013 07:10 AM

WOW QNS, I'm speechless! I know how expensive it is sending packages abroad from the US. Thanks so very much :)

Janie, - 50C. I can't even begin to imagine how cold that is! Brutal indeed :( I'm glad it's not freezing here right now and if, only a few degrees below zero. It has been worse and it will get colder but I'm happy with what it is now.
Back to quilting, I found a design on youtube I like.