Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 12-16-2013 10:54 AM

A good day here too. I had put my MB's in a "safe" place in that nightmare o' a sewin' room. I actually thought I knew where but when Sue asked me for pict's, I went ta git 'em & couldn't find 'em. Off & on all day yesterday I was lookin' for 'em. I would look for 30 ta 45 min's then do somethin' else for a bit & then look again. I found 'em at about midnight between 2 boxes. I guess that was really "safe." LOL What a relief! I have a ton o' stuff ta do taday so hopefully I'll git the picts th'sevenin'.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-16-2013 11:53 AM

Sounds like a good plan, Dublb...hope it works for you, but you do not need to rush it.

Filled most of the new shelves in the Canning Pantry...now to build the next session sometime in the next three months. (And bf's dh ask us how long it would take us to fill it up.) Last step is to add a door in and out of the Pantry, to keep the cats and mice out.

Working in Santa's workshop (my bedroom) putting names on each box and getting it packed. Anael's is ready to go; gotta get that FFC done and into QuiltE's box, and add a bit more to Janie's box and Mirabelle's box. OksewGlad's box is the largest because a few things are for her DGD....and Ok...and for the family. Hope to mail all on Wednesday, but we will see. Crock pot candy recipe is in the SYE discussion page.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-16-2013 11:59 AM

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...88365819_n.jpgThank you Quiltville for the great idea!

Anael 12-16-2013 12:13 PM

Oh QNS, how exciting ! ! ! ! I hope there's no blender in it :D :D :D

oksewglad 12-16-2013 12:16 PM

A so so day here. Snowing more than was to be--(1-2, Ha; more like 4 or more) It upsets the apple cart for many as we try to get from here to there and no one cleaning off the roads.

QNS where do you find the energy? I'm tired thinking of what you have all accomplished this morning!

Gotta go to town to pay for my cupboards and pick up chicken and heifer feed. Guess DH is going to be my chauffeur with the 4 x 4. How gallant! It's the small things.:)

JeanieG 12-16-2013 12:20 PM

Anael - That is BEAUTIFUL! I just love what you did with it. I really, really like sampler quilts. I think my ADD kicks in occasionally, and I detest doing the same thing over and over. Having each block something "new" appeals to me.

I have not finished all of step one, or step two in the Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I am almost done with three - but have not put the pinwheels together yet. I got behind when we went to Phoenix and have not caught up, but that is OK, I'm not in a hurry! It has taken me till the end of January to finish the last three Mystery quilts.

We are into our basketball season here, and went to the Women's tournament Friday, Saturday and Sunday down south of us. Another tournament the next two weekends. Then league play starts the first week of January.

Anael 12-16-2013 12:49 PM

LOL Jeanie, how can you do the Bonny Hunter Mystery when you're detest doing the same thing over and over again? That's why I don't do her mystery quilts :D

OK, sorry you have more snow than expected. Don't send it to me please ! ! ! !

Honchey 12-16-2013 01:31 PM

Just got done with my family's card list..it seems the younger generation is very lax in that area..I send to them anyway...Dh does his part by putting the stamps on...Have to find my cookie tins to put my cookies in...I still have 4 recipes to bake..the dough has been made...My sister gave me her recipe for "Ranger" cookies..I have to make another batch..I ate half of them already..coconut, raisins and rice crispies in them ...They are sooooo good...the kids like them too!! The tree is next to take care of..I will snap it together later this evening..:D the lights are already on it..& ...the kids will put the decorations on it when they visit on Wednesday... the snow is coming tomorrow..2-4" and it's supposed to get bitter cold tonight...the wood stove is going so it nice & toasty in the FR.. Funny tidbit: the toffee squares have chopped walnuts on top of the chocolate layer and the youngest asked "what's on top of the cookies"?
and I told him chopped walnuts..his reply "did you get them a Walmart? I'm still laughing when I think about it...
I have to go now..crusty bread is on tonite's menu and it's still in the store...H.

JeanieG 12-16-2013 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6459606)
LOL Jeanie, how can you do the Bonny Hunter Mystery when you're detest doing the same thing over and over again? That's why I don't do her mystery quilts :D

OK, sorry you have more snow than expected. Don't send it to me please ! ! ! !

I know Anael - but they do come out so beautiful! I tend to procrastinate going into my sewing room to work on them, but once I get in there time seems to fly bye. I tend to do some of one project, then switch to another. LOL

dublb 12-16-2013 08:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are my MB's.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452081[/ATTACH]
Here is where I played w/'em a bit.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452082[/ATTACH]

I have another picture. #2DSon had a few cushions by the fireplace as he sat there & read while gatherin' the warmth. Well Annie moved one o' 'em around till she got it right & used it for a pillow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452084[/ATTACH]