Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 10-03-2013 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I decided that I was not going to bed until I had finished the binding on these two quilts, stupid idea:D I got to bed around midnight, but they are finished.

QuiltE 10-03-2013 04:19 PM

QNSue ... The Blue Angels came to the EX last year and did an impressive show. Much like our SnowBirds!

CarrieM ... I bet your friend was smiling and flying high when he saw your quilt! It's such a special picture for you to have them photo'd together!

Anael ... Good news that Bram is able to stay at home ... though of course, concerns about the newly identified problems. {{{HUGS}}} for all of you.

Honchey ... DEFINITELY Cheddar on the Chili! :)

Chili ... Something I seldom make, but do enjoy when I have it. It just makes so much, and for one, it's too much. So my "recipe" ... Go to Wendy's and buy a few bowls. Bring them home. Put in the freezer the way they are. When I need a fix, zap in the microwave and ENJOY ... piled high with cheddar! :)

OKSGlad ... I have a well tattered More With Less cookbook too!!!! My all time favourite for old time cooking! Now you have me lusting for apple butter! :)

MiraB ... lovely quilts for Ronald McD! So you have yours done within the week ... and the others, have they even started? :)

Me? ... I went to the jobbers today and petted fabric all afternoon! Looking for some snowflake fabric for two new Frosty's (one for me, and one for a friend). Got some of what I wanted, but not all. (CarrieM ... if I don't find them soon, I may have to get you to source for me again!). Kept my eyes open for DJ main fabric too, but didn't find what I wanted for it either.

WORK tomorrow ... and hopefully a good quilty weekend after that! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 10-03-2013 05:06 PM

Very nice, Mirabelle; love those stars and blue fabric.

Anael, best wishes for Bram.

My oven baked two apple pies and Butternut chip hazel nut bannana orange juice oatmeal cookies. Put butternut instant pudding in them, too. Hazel nuts give it a different flavor.

carriem 10-03-2013 05:14 PM

Anael--sorry to hear about Bram. Praying the medicine helps and he is doing much better...very soon.

Chili--my kids asked when it got cool a couple weeks ago. Now I have everything for it so next time it cools off I am ready. :) I used 2 different brands of chili beans (for different spice mixes), kidney beans, diced tomatoes, burger and onion....nothing too exciting, but my family says it's their favorite, so I don't change it up. Oh and YES cheese top. :)

OK--I don't think I've ever had apple butter. Sounds good though.

Mirabelle--great job! I too was wondering if others had started on their projects yet.

QE--I agree, it is a very special to me to have the picture of the plane and quilt together. :) I am happy to shop for snowflakes. Just let me know if you have something in mind or want me to get pictures. I work Saturday and then every Monday in October. I might just get some pictures this weekend...just in case, that way you can think on it.

No sewing today, but tomorrow for sure....I get to stay home all day. My SYE blocks and MB all need to be done. I would like to have the MB and SYE #3 done this week, then need to finish up a quilt for my DS. He did the piecing and has the blocks in rows. He started quilting it (QAYG) but lost interest. His birthday is the end of this month so I would like to surprise him with it. I will take it to my retreat if needed to finish it up...really hoping to get it done before that. I think I will also figure out the last few MBs so I can get those all done at my retreat...since I may not be sewing for a couple months if I have surgery.

QNS--I see you did some baking today. Sounds yummy.

Blue Bell 10-03-2013 05:54 PM

Mirabelle, your blues and white quilts are fabulous and in my favorite color. Very nice work.

Anael, Now that the doctors know what is wrong, they can now get him better.

mirabelle 10-03-2013 07:10 PM

Anael I hope the doctors stay on top of Bram's problems and everything will adjust properly shortly, such a worry for everyone.

QuiltE as per usual I am the first to have a finish, then everyone will want my help or me to quilt their tops for them:mad:, but not this time, I am too busy:D

Confession - I have never made or eaten chili, I don't like kidney beans, having said that I have never tried them either:D:D but apple butter sure has my interest and I love apple pie, my grandmother made the best pies when I was growing up.

Carriem you sure keep busy, hoping you don't have to have surgery. I "tested" out my shoulder yesterday quilting the bed runner, just a couple of ouches

carriem 10-03-2013 07:15 PM

Mirabelle--I feel like I keep busy but don't make as much progress as I want to...I supposed it's like that for most people! Glad to hear your shoulder is feeling well enough to do a little quilting.

dublb 10-03-2013 07:44 PM

Well I took taday off & just sat here in this chair. Well my DAunt came by for a bit. It was the first time she had seen my new house. I still don't feel very good taday.

JeanieG 10-03-2013 07:55 PM

You have been working too hard dublb! So sorry you had to do all that work on the house, whoever buys it is one lucky person! Most people don't go to all the trouble you have gone when they sell their homes. Sure hope you are feeling much better real soon.

oksewglad 10-03-2013 07:57 PM

RE: apple butter

A wonderful sweetened spread to put on toast or warm bread fresh from the oven. Think applesauce but thicker sweeter and a little spicy tang from the vinegar and spices--no dairy butter in it. I was thinking out loud and wondered how it would taste in cinnamon rolls in lieu of the sugar/butter between the rolls. Any thoughts from someone who might know?

Ditto Blue Belle. mirabelle that pattern would look nice as a denim quilt with white or yellow stars--oooh even red ones would look good. Night all.