Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 02-12-2013 05:39 PM

Let me see if I can make it more clear...
I would like for us to do another swap but this time with a little mystery..
each of you PM me with the type (S) of block you would like to receive with the colors you like, fabrics(themed or not)
colors you DON"T like... I will then PM all of you with the compiled list of your likes, dislikes. I will then Pm each of you separetely the end of the month who you will be making a block for the following month giving you at least 4 to 5 weeks to get the block finished and in the mail. Every month you will make a block for someone else... I was thinking it would be fun not to know ...a surprise block every month with colors you like.. not knowing until you receive it who made it for you... you would end up with 13-15 12.5" blocks with adding some filler blocks you would have a throw size sampler quilt top....depending on how many sign up for it.
I don't know how else to explain it to you....I would like us to do something fun...one block once a month...if you want to choose a block each month, pick a quilt pattern to do...speak up. bring forth a suggestion.

janRN 02-12-2013 06:13 PM

Wow, I'm gone for a day and come home to a great new Pony ride. Thanks, Anne--this sounds like great fun so count me in. I think I understand everything but have one question: will we make the same block for everyone but in their color choices or make a block of my choosing in that person's color choice or will the recipient pick the block and color choices?
Ooh, this is going to be fun!

Honchey 02-12-2013 06:19 PM

Hi Jan, So glad you are joining...No, for the same for everyone...Yes, for you choose the block and pick fabric in the colors that the recipient likes. I know this is going to be fun...a little confusing in the beginning but it will get easier to understand after the first month has been done...

Anael & Mirabelle, please let me know asap when you receive the bblocks so I can give the go ahead for everyone for show & tell.

dublb 02-12-2013 06:22 PM

All right, I think I got it now. :) Thanks Honchey so much for hostin' this. Maybe we could have a theme for each month, like for April a star block, or May a flower?

Honchey 02-12-2013 06:26 PM

Jeanie, You can make the same block for everyone if you choose to...it's up to you to choose the block. that's part of the mystery. you just don't announce it so it stays a surprise This will be a sampler because not everyone will be getting the same block.. I hope. This is so that we can be a little creative and explore combinations and have fun doing it...

Honchey 02-12-2013 06:31 PM

Dublb, Yes, I like that idea..have to check with everybody first...Now that I think about it...all of you can suggest a block design when you PM me with the info you provide...Some block designs will be off limits and I'm referring to the blocks we've discussed doing for the next open PC Riders Quilt-Along.. I love that nickname

mirabelle 02-12-2013 08:50 PM

Honchey clear as day to me:thumbup: wonder how long it will take us to get to 2000 posts:D

Carriem and Honchey will be checking for the postie every day, starting tomorrow:p shouldn't take too long:shock:

Now to get some ufo's finished off......

mirabelle 02-12-2013 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't you love a guard dog, I wish you could hear him snoring:D He is laying in the doorway to my sewing room and somedays I have to step over him... but he is guarding me !!!

JeanieG 02-12-2013 09:46 PM

Ok, count me in! When will we get the questionnaire to fill out?

JeanieG 02-12-2013 09:46 PM

He is darling Mirabelle!