Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 02-12-2013 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5857238)
QuiltE, I sent you a PM...Let me know if I did it right...

I sent you a reply back ... so hope it makes sense too!

Yes, I am a little confused ............. so you are saying we will send all our blocks to you, to re-send to the recipient?
Being that we know the person it is for, would it not be easier to send it direct to the recipient?

Or is it a double mystery ... where I would know the recipient's wish list, though would have no clue whose list it is?
Could be fun!! ... though it would add to costs, with the double mailings, as well as the added time delay.

OK ... maybe I am just a little dense here and a sure sign I need to go eat supper and then do some sewing.
By the time I return, I'm thinking the rest of y'all will have cleared up the fog for this ol' cowhand! :)

Honchey 02-12-2013 03:14 PM

After I know what # is chosen...I will PM everyone with that persons mailing adress and all the info needed to create the block. We will all know the order of the #'s because they will be in numerical order...What you won't know is the person associated with the #..only I will have that...and because I know I will keep myself for last.

Honchey 02-12-2013 03:15 PM

Including myself ..there are 4 signed up....

gardnergal970 02-12-2013 03:30 PM

How will you inform the person receiving the blocks for the month? If they don't get a name of someone to send a block for, they will know that they will be getting the bundle. Would the recipient have a "free" month where they wouldn't make a block? Would the blocks all be made from the information that you collect and then a couple of weeks later you send us their address? I'm a little confused how we would keep it a mystery if we know who we are sending it to. Like QuiltE...I'm full of questions but do count me in. I'm sure I will understand it eventually.

Honchey 02-12-2013 03:51 PM

The mystery will be only be that the recipient won't know of the person sending the block each month...I'm still trying to figure it out myself!!!!Disregard me being last it won't work out that way at all....I'm trying to figure out a way that everyone has a block every month to do and everyone receives a block every month...this way no one has to wait a year for a set of blocks...you just won't know who you're getting a block from...I will have to make a chart and Pm each of you separetely with a list in the order of who you will send each month...You must not reveal the order or give any hints... You have to let me know ahead of time if there are any fabrics you don't have on hand... I don't want any of you having to spend more $$$ on something you don't have...I want this to be fun!
In the very beginning I will PM all of you a list of everyone and the list of their preferences...this will be your refrence for the blocks to be done...At the beginning of each month ( 6 weeks for those out of the country) prior to I will let each of you know separetely who you will be making the block for and sending it to...I think I finally got it right...

dublb 02-12-2013 04:22 PM

I'm in! I too have many questions. I think I'll figure it out soon. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-12-2013 04:28 PM

Not sure what is going on here, or how we decide what colors to make for that person, if it is scrappy or not...or the main colors...flowers, red, white & blue, or novelty fabrics or batiks. One a month or two...six months would be maybe 12 blocks of 12 inch finished size? Do we make a throw or twin, or double, queen or king size quilt? Or a smaller wall hanging? Always need 'sideboard' when I go to make something 'cause it always grows larger, if I am cooking or sewing. LOL!!:):):)

Yes, if I can understand what and how and when and where, I will 'trail' along with the PC Riders....'
what if we had different 'foreman' every month or two?? Each of us who wanted to volunteer for the job could suggest a pattern, then for a 'sample' quilt in the end??

JeanieG 02-12-2013 04:31 PM

I guess I don't understand either. Do we make the same block each month, but for a different person? Or do we all do the same block each month? Does someone tell us what block to make? How can we tie these blocks together into a quilt? Help! I think I would prefer to have a "set" of blocks to make - we all make the same block, but a different one each month. Sorry to be so dense!

carriem 02-12-2013 04:54 PM

I am in too...I am sure you can get it all figured out....some how you will have to have 2 numbers a month or something so that everyone will always have someone to make a block for. Otherwise you will have someone who doesn't have a block to make...at least if I am understanding this right. Unless you do it like #1 makes for #2. Then #2 makes for #3, etc??? Then start again?

BB's are on their way!! Anael--you have 2 things coming....an envelope (w/BBs) and a box (w/flannels). Those in Iowa should have them by Thursday and others in the US by the weekend I would guess. Sorry Canada, Australia, and The Netherlands will have to wait a little longer...a week+.

Mirabelle--I don't think I every commented on your and DD's quilts...very nice. I really like the sashing DD came up with...wow!

Anael--you sure have been busy with those smocks. Very cute.

Honchey--those are pretty pinwheel blocks.

oksewglad 02-12-2013 05:19 PM

I'm sew excited!! Can't wait to see them!!!