Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 01-15-2013 12:04 PM

Carrie, what a great "clubhouse" that will make! There are so many possibilities, what fun you will have! I'm so envious!!!

gardnergal970 01-15-2013 12:16 PM

Carrie...how neat. So great that you have all that manpower ready to help you too. One thing you might want to keep in the back of your mind is leaving a space for a small powder room or at least a sink where you can have running water for that cup of tea when you sit with us in the virtual RV. That would be after the new sewing machine so very much down the road but maybe something to dream about.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-15-2013 01:30 PM

A spiral staircase to the upper level would make a wonderful attic storage. Love your 'new' clubhouse. Maybe a 'Crafty Carrie's Cave'? (CCC...Yes, yes, yes)

And call the one you have now a "man cave" ? And let mr. carrie use it for for a TV & pool playing area...or whatever he likes to do.

Try different colors on small pieces on plywood and put in different places in the new area, to see how the light plays off the color and what appeals to you...if you want subtle colors, energetic, bright or just plain white and clean. Thanks for the pictures and letting the rest of us turn 'green' with envy here. How wonderful to have a supportive dh. Can I send my dh to take lessons from your dh??

Our local Ben Franklin store has now been taken over by the grandson of the original owner and his wife...they are going to market in KC and will have 2000 new bolts of fabric next week. Our local hometown food store has moved into a bigger lovely area and reopened today; although the parking lot was sadly empty almost, it should win over many customers when it warms up a bit. No word or package from Amazon yet...maybe its coming by dogsled.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-15-2013 01:31 PM

Aneal, prayers and big hugs for you in the virtual clubhouse. Brownies are being served with homemade chili soup.

Anael 01-15-2013 02:16 PM

I just came home from the hospital. They still don't know what's going on and doing more tests. I hope tomorrow we will know! Thanks for the chili soup QNS, I didn't eat much today.

janRN 01-15-2013 02:45 PM

Carrie, I'm green with envy. I just showed MrJanRN and he told me not to get any ideas LOL. I love that it's 2 levels and like QNS said, lots of storage space. Can't wait to see it ready to go!

Anael, let's hope no news is good news or at least the situation is stabilized. I made home-made Italian Wedding Soup to serve in the virtual RV; it has healing powers (at least my grandmother claimed it does). Had that and home-made bread for dinner. I feel like Susie Homemaker.

Ggal, are you getting freezing rain/snow? They're predicting that for us over night. They've been wrong so much lately with the forecast that I half listen. We usually get your weather the next day. Stay warm and have some of my virtual soup.

Anael 01-15-2013 02:48 PM

Carrie, why don't you call your clubhouse the Pony Club :D :D I love your new studio!

QuiltE 01-15-2013 02:49 PM

Anael ... how good of you to go to the hospital and see your DDIL and DS. I'm sure that every minute seems like hours as you all wait to learn more. {{{HUGS}}}

CarrieM ... thanks for the pics so we can visualize and help you plan! ITA plan for a small washroom and sink for the convenience. It doesn't mean it has to be now. Just having it in the plans ... it'll come sooner than you think! What an opportunity to plan your dream place to be just the way you want it to be! Now, after your comments last week about MrCarrieM's trade abilities, I can't help but wonder just what he traded this time!! :)

QNSue ... Great suggestion for MrCarrieM's Man Cave!!! What are you waiting to arrive from Amazon? Sure hope my BB huskies aren't doing a milk run and getting your parcel, and delaying mine to CarrieM!

JanRN
... Suzie Homemaker you are ... and really wish I could reach IRL for some of that soup! mmmmmm!!!

gardnergal970 01-15-2013 04:33 PM

Jan...we seem to be just north of the storm but there is a big one coming up the Ohio valley into your neighborhood. They say it has a lot of rain in it which will freeze up to an inch on stuff. Not my kind of weather. That usually means there a a lot of power outages. You might want to make a quick run for emergency supplies so you can watch the weather from the comfort of your sewing room tomorrow. Ummmm....that soup and bread is good!

QuiltE 01-15-2013 04:39 PM

No No No!!
Do NOT send it here.
I repeat .. Do NOT!
You can keep that nasty storm, all to yourselves!!!
The Border is closed!!!! :)

And very soon, I will be pulling the plug on this computer.
Then in the morning will be taking it to the techie to transfer all over to my new system.
If all goes well, I'll be back tomorrow/Wednesday night.

See you then!