Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

DebbieKT 05-27-2012 05:45 AM

ARG! nothing in my stash has enough yardage!! I've done so much applique in the past that my stash consists mostly of 1/4 - 1/2 yd pieces!io

My Walmart has nothing that talks to me in thier limited fabric selection. Only 1 quilt shop within an hour and she is closed for the holiday weekend!

Guesss I'm gonna go scrappy! Will 2 charm packs be enough ?? I've got 2 that compliment each other. At least DH agrees that I need to build my stash better, so it's not all bad

Cindy60545 05-27-2012 06:05 AM

DebbieKT, I know the feeling! When I went shopping my stash I discovered the same thing! Good excuse to go shopping, right? Glad DH agrees!

PokerDiva 05-27-2012 06:18 AM

Ok, I am off to pin one more quilt (that should put me out of pins) then I will start on the mystery. This is the only good thing about sucky weather, I have an excuse to stay in the house and sew.

Caroline S 05-27-2012 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, as usual I jumped on the caboose at the very last minute with my chosen fabrics flying behind me in the wind. Whooo, what a dash that was! My A fabric was a 2 yard piece I bought at Goodwill for $1.99. The other fabrics I found in the stash.

paintmejudy 05-27-2012 06:46 AM

Very pretty fabrics, Caroline.

Does anyone know why all of a sudden we are getting funky picture postings?

Caroline S 05-27-2012 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5246271)
Very pretty fabrics, Caroline.

Does anyone know why all of a sudden we are getting funky picture postings?

I am thinking that it is another unannounced change on the QB to keep us on our toes.LOL It may have to do with saving space on their servers.

debquilts2 05-27-2012 07:52 AM

mystery train ride

1 Attachment(s)
here are my triangle blocks for the mystery train ride.

Havplenty 05-27-2012 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5244425)
.....The rabbits didn't get hungry enough this winter to eat my burning bush. I can't believe how big it is without its annual pruning. I have more trouble with squirrels. I stood in the window and watched one eat the buds off my tulips. Grrr. ....

we have some resident red tail hawks so havent seen a squirrel anywhere in quite some time and they use to live in the guttering in my garage and chew holes in the rafters of my roof. they were alway scurring around in my attic and we kept patching up the holes they chewed. now no squirrel problems.

the rabbits i am feeding carrots and lettuce. i came home one day and 3 adults were sitting in my driveway having some sort of meeting it looked like. i was thankful they were still around as i was thinking the hawks would have gotten to them also. so they come around everyday looking for their carrots and lettuce but with this early heat, the food dries up quickly. i planted some beets and i hope the rabbits don't eat them before they have time to grow.

SunlitenSmiles 05-27-2012 08:36 AM

about the pictures, Judy

I am quessing it is because the toilet is overflowing in the thread above us

Blame it on Mayhem

Foxflower 05-27-2012 09:01 AM

Observations from the observation deck.....these color combos are awesome. I'm sure the finished product is going to be wonderful.