Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

Jupiter 05-15-2011 09:45 AM

The browns are not usually "my" colors. But I picked up a brown/black/beige print that really spoke to me. Using those colors only, I have set out to make a "Caramel Quilt." Don't know how big it will be.... always hoping for king sized for our bed, but lap quilts are nice too! lol

hugs, Jup

Rhonda 05-15-2011 10:35 AM

Keep us posted on your progress! Love to see those pictures!

klgreene 05-15-2011 02:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, are you ready.........there it is finished. And I just love it. I now want to take all my sewing stuff out of that room and make it a cozy quest room. Unfortunately, I can't do that because I have no other place to put my sewing stuff. Can you tell from this quilt and the mini's I love every color in the rainbow.

Finished!!!!!!!!! Without my stuff on it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197495[/ATTACH]

With my stuff, as I'll see it everyday
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197496[/ATTACH]

The view of the quilt and some of my mini's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197498[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 05-15-2011 02:23 PM

I absolutely love it!! I may have to hire you to do a cover for my couches!! LOL I use couch covers and they are nothing terrific. That would be a great way to cover them!

BTW I recognize that green bear's paw on the wall!

klgreene 05-15-2011 02:58 PM

That purple one is Nellie, your design. The blue one is from a tut CJ did and the rest are from tut's. I love tut's but don't want to make huge quilts. I have one, I've been working on since last summer. Still quilting it and putting it together. It was a great learning experience, and from different tut's. Any more large quilts, I will send out to be quilted. LOL

Rhonda 05-15-2011 03:07 PM

Katie all your little ones are fantastic. I was really fascinated by tesselations there for awhile but I haven't actually tried to do one. Yours are so pretty!

cjomomma 05-15-2011 03:18 PM

Oh My!! Katie is absolutely georgious!!

I never thought of making the mini's and hanging them. What a great idea.

klgreene 05-15-2011 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Oh My!! Katie is absolutely georgious!!

I never thought of making the mini's and hanging them. What a great idea.

Thanks CJ, and I have mini's hangin all over my house. Mini's and wall hangings. To me it makes your home cozier and more inviting.

klgreene 05-15-2011 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Katie all your little ones are fantastic. I was really fascinated by tesselations there for awhile but I haven't actually tried to do one. Yours are so pretty!

I just hang them however I think they look best. No rhymn or reason.

Blue Bell 05-15-2011 04:05 PM

Katie,
Your quilt is gorgeous. Great fabric selection and precise workmanship.