Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

tstransky 01-25-2011 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this thread is for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along but...I wanted to share with all of you how beautiful and elegant Rhonda's creations can be when using just one block and laying them out side by side.
In the picture shown, I used the "Lilly" block Also, as you can see, when the block is placed side by side it forms a secondary pattern.
This quilt is a WIP. This is only the first two rows. The finished quilt size will be 60"W X 84"L

Rhonda I love your cut-down method! It is very easy and precise. :thumbup:

Lilly Block by Rhonda (www.bitsnpiecesworkshop.com)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167804[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 01-25-2011 01:06 PM

Oh my! It's georgious!!

Rhonda 01-25-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by tstransky
I know this thread is for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along but...I wanted to share with all of you how beautiful and elegant Rhonda's creations can be when using just one block and laying them out side by side.
In the picture shown, I used the "Lilly" block Also, as you can see, when the block is placed side by side it forms a secondary pattern.
This quilt is a WIP. This is only the first two rows. The finished quilt size will be 60"W X 84"L

Oh WOW that is gorgeous! Yes I love it when that secondary pattern comes out when you join them.

This is going to be one beautiful quilt when you are done! Thanks so much for showing it!! Can't wait to see the quilt all done!!

klgreene 01-25-2011 02:11 PM

So glad you posted your quilt. I like to see what every one does with there blocks. I'm getting real close to sewing mine together. Love this block, love your colors and love your contrast. :thumbup: :thumbup:

pamesue 01-25-2011 02:13 PM

love them all

tstransky 01-25-2011 03:30 PM

Thank you so much for the nice comment. I would like to take the credit for the choice in fabric but...again, that would be Rhonda's color layout of the block.

I would like to make Rhonda's Bookmarks next if I can find the 1 1/4 inch template. I think it would be a fun little project and allow that little extra break after making big quilts...lol.

Rhonda 01-25-2011 04:37 PM

Thank you so much for the nice comment. I would like to take the credit for the choice in fabric but...again, that would be Rhonda's color layout of the block.

I would like to make Rhonda's Bookmarks next if I can find the 1 1/4 inch template. I think it would be a fun little project and allow that little extra break after making big quilts...lol.

I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the bookmarks!

klgreene 01-25-2011 04:47 PM

WOW I just told a friend that I would make her a wallhanging or large mini. But I'm not crazy about her color scheme. Dark and light Browns/beiges with bright red. This would be a great quilt to make for her. Which blocks would you make the red Rhonda. The yellow or green?

Rhonda 01-25-2011 09:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Katie here are some variations of this quilt.

I do like this one alot!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168228[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 01-25-2011 09:07 PM

Well Rhonda apparently you can make anything look good. LOL! I honestly didn't think those colors would work but you proved me wrong.