Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

janRN 03-03-2012 06:19 PM

Beautiful blocks, Mirabelle. The dark blue sashing really brings out all your colors. What size are you cutting your sashing strips? You are going to have a beautiful quilt.

mirabelle 03-03-2012 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5028873)
Beautiful blocks, Mirabelle. The dark blue sashing really brings out all your colors. What size are you cutting your sashing strips? You are going to have a beautiful quilt.

They are cut at 1 1/2 inches so end up 1 inch when sewn.

mirabelle 03-03-2012 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5028871)
Me too! Your blue is framing it all up so nicely. What about a really light blue for the cornerstones?
Don't fret
MiraB about the brown ... it'll blend in better, if you include a little here and there in the coming blocks. And remember Laurie's comment about the muddy blocks having a role to play. It'll be your muddy! :)

I am thinking either the cream I am using for the background or a light blue with tiny stars. Those are my choices at the moment

mirabelle 03-03-2012 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5028808)
Mirabelle, Your blocks are lovely & that dark blue will be perfect!! I like the fact that you are doing this now. When I finally git the fabric for my attic windows I think I'll start sewing 'em on immediately. Thanks.

That was the only down side to the FWS, sewing all those sashing strips at the end, so I am following the block layout and have numbered all the squares and will sew together as I go. That way when I am finishing the blocks I will almost be finished the top. That's the plan anyway;)

QuiltE 03-04-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 5029401)
I am thinking either the cream I am using for the background or a light blue with tiny stars. Those are my choices at the moment

Shoot for the Stars! :)

gardnergal970 03-04-2012 05:35 AM

Mirabelle...I like the navy too. I think sewing the sashing on as you go I'd a great idea. It changes the entire look of the quilt and you can better plan for the final outcome. That said, I don't have any idea what my sashing will be. I'm using a rusty batik for my FW and a black with my Civil War and I don't want to duplicate those. I'll have t think about it.

oksewglad 03-04-2012 08:52 AM

(Sigh from Iowa), Mirabelle, so pretty! I could even see using a red like the one in Colt's corral. What you need to do is cut out a couple of 1 inch squares of each fabric that you like and insert them in among your blocks and see which one you like best.

QuiltE 03-04-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5030247)
(Sigh from Iowa), Mirabelle, so pretty! I could even see using a red like the one in Colt's corral. What you need to do is cut out a couple of 1 inch squares of each fabric that you like and insert them in among your blocks and see which one you like best.

Oh yes, RED!!! I like that idea, OKSGlad!I also wonder how the red print in A Beauty would look? (OKSGlad Note: paisley alert!)

oksewglad 03-04-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5030315)
Oh yes, RED!!! I like that idea, OKSGlad!I also wonder how the red print in A Beauty would look? (OKSGlad Note: paisley alert!)

Yes I thought of that one too, but the print (love the paisleys!!) is a little too big for a 1 inch square and would change from square to square and you'd loose the continuity. (Ask me how I know this?)

QuiltE 03-04-2012 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5030438)
Yes I thought of that one too, but the print (love the paisleys!!) is a little too big for a 1 inch square and would change from square to square and you'd loose the continuity. (Ask me how I know this?)

Actually, I was thinking of that too ... just didn't want to admit it.
Wonder? if there's a small nothing print in the red .... the one you spotted has a print, but further apart, so some squares would be plain red, and some with the print. (BTW check your email, OKSGlad!)