Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

giquilt 01-15-2017 03:01 PM

Not sure I ever commented on this post, but it is worth commenting again. Beautiful!!!

This also gives me the idea to start putting in rows. I have A, B & C done.
gi

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher (Post 6751874)
Here is picture of my blocks. They are connected in long rows but the long rows are not sewn together yet. They look wonky because they are laid out on the floor in the sewing room. No design wall yet. :) I love the way the bright colors pop on this quilt. I made most of the blocks using fabric from my stash. I think I bought only the background fabric. I had on every light possible in the room but it still looks shady. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]478528[/ATTACH]

laurafet 01-15-2017 05:25 PM

Dotty, did I miss something or do you have the pic posted somewhere else? I don't see a link or a pic. Can't wait to see it. Congratulations on completion!!-Never mind- I found it. Love it more now than the first time I saw it!!!

giquilt 01-15-2017 08:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
With the Virtual Weekend here on the board, I am doing a few Sylvia blocks as a break from Quilting borders.
Here are three
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565832[/ATTACH]E7 Ribboned Star, [ATTACH=CONFIG]565833[/ATTACH]E6 Jack in the Pulpit, [ATTACH=CONFIG]565834[/ATTACH]I think was an M. Don't remember name. It was very hard for me. Had to redo a couple times. I also went back and made a paper list of weeks and blocks Anael gave use originally. I had put in my Calendar, but that is lost. It is kinda nice to be marking them off.

Anael 01-15-2017 10:31 PM

Lovely blocks giquilt and great cutting :) :) The third one is a hard one to make and you did very well! Isn't it great to see the pile of blocks growing and also the markings on the list? I loved it!

giquilt 01-17-2017 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Blocks H7 Hunters Star & L5 Pineapple. Think I have some motivation left over from the 365 challenge as I want to make a block a day.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565986[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565987[/ATTACH]

Anael 01-17-2017 10:21 PM

The Hunter Star is eye catching with those colours and stripes! I love the Pineapple too though :) Nice fussy cutting !!

giquilt 01-26-2017 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566831[/ATTACH]These are the blocks from Week 35. New York Beauty & Old Maid's puzzle. This puts me 1/2 way through. I hope to keep working on the blocks. I just realize when I looked at the posted pic of Old Maid's puzzle that the block is wrong. Will go back and fix.

Anael 01-26-2017 11:09 PM

Sometimes you only notice you did something wrong when you look at the picture :) I love the blocks, the Old Maid's puzzle too with the mistake!! Design element :)

Congrats on being half way through!!

auntjo 01-28-2017 09:24 AM

Gorgeous blocks. Glad to see someone besides me is still plugging away on these. I don't think I've put one together for several months, but the ones done are still on my design wall under about 3 other projects in the works. I just haven't spent much time in my studio since my Mom's open heart surgery in October, and when I do, it's piecing. Finally did a quilt for a friend on my long arm Thursday which felt so good to run thru. Hadn't turned the machine on for at least 3 months... Great to see your progress.

Anael 01-28-2017 12:07 PM

Welcome back auntjo! How is your Mom doing?