Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

thimblebug6000 01-12-2014 06:25 PM

Mirabelle, great job! I looked at those teensy pieces... still have company & decided that I could squish in time for the machine applique but not those tiny hand applique pieces....

giquilt 01-12-2014 08:08 PM

Mirabelle and thimblebug6000 (your pics are so good almost picked a thread off it) I love your blocks. Just looked ahead may take me all week to do Kansas Troubles.

mirabelle 01-12-2014 09:32 PM

giquilt a little tip for Kansas Troubles I cut all my pieces a 1/2 inch larger pressed and then trimmed to size, it kept it all straight and was easier to sew. This was after I tried 5 times to draw up the block to paper piece it and it wasn't working for me.

Anael 01-12-2014 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thimblebug and Mirabelle, beatiful blocks ! ! ! ! @Thimblebug: with the first Sylvia I did machine applique too.

I do have a PP pattern for Kansas Troubles. I hope this works as I've never posted a PDF file before!

thimblebug6000 01-13-2014 02:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you Anael for the pdf, I used it...somehow my blades ended up turning in the opposite direction to what I thought they would, but I'm happy with it. I'm having a stay at home day with a bad cold, so am having fun getting my blocks done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]456453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]456454[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 01-13-2014 03:47 PM

Anael, your PDF file works fine. I will use it as soon as I can. Almost finished with inner border of my Irish Mist, then on to January SYEs, then down to Sylvia and Dear Jane. I love enjoying my quilting time and being busy, busy, and busy. I think your kitty needs company, wish I could just winkle my nose and send a couple your way for a day or two. Then call them back home. What stories they would have to tell me about, and they could really teach your KK some bad tricks, too.:D

giquilt 01-13-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6509718)
giquilt a little tip for Kansas Troubles I cut all my pieces a 1/2 inch larger pressed and then trimmed to size, it kept it all straight and was easier to sew. This was after I tried 5 times to draw up the block to paper piece it and it wasn't working for me.

Thanks I will need that. I tried to do one little 1/2 triangle today and got it wrong. Retry tomorrow!

Anael 01-13-2014 11:58 PM

Thimblebug, your blocks are lovely!

Crqltr 01-15-2014 02:37 PM

Hi all, I just got my book in the mail this week so I am already behind...where I m sure to stay but I am going to give it a good go!!! I am using a little from my stash but I did go to the quilt store today and bought coordinating beiges and a few of all the other colors. Pretty expensive so this is one I will remind myself that I have to finish! I have a new computer with darn windows 8 that I am learning so I am not sure when I will figure out how to post pictures!

thimblebug6000 01-15-2014 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by giquilt (Post 6509626)
Mirabelle and thimblebug6000 (your pics are so good almost picked a thread off it) I love your blocks. Just looked ahead may take me all week to do Kansas Troubles.

That darn thread! I try so hard to clip all of them... and wouldn't you know a stray one from a totally different project just pops up :D