Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Macybaby 02-18-2018 10:25 AM

I've got 85 blocks cut. I think I may go with 11x11, and then I won't have to "make up" for the blocks I'm skipping. Though I think I've only skipped about 6 so far.

I did end up buying a batik layer cake, I was running out of greens and purples. Now I have plenty of colors to finish up.

Anael 02-18-2018 11:01 AM

It's your quilt Macybaby, it's not written anywhere you have to make all the blocks.
85 cut........I still think you're organised :D
Can't wait to see your next ones!!

Teen 02-18-2018 04:39 PM

Your quilt is going to be awesome, Macybaby. 85? Wow...you are rockin it, girl. I have 3 blocks cut out but will sew them up before cutting more. I get bored with just cutting so I need to stay motivated by seeing some completed blocks. My cutting isn't such a chore to get out since I'm only using about 5 fabrics so it's easy to stay neat and organized.

I'm having Sylvia block withdrawals. Lol! I did not get to this project all weekend. Tons of stuff around house and my 90 year old neighbor issues...plus, yesterday I worked on mystery quilt. Hopefully, full steam ahead next week. I cleaned my sewing room today so it will be ready for me to hit it when I return.

Macybaby 02-19-2018 05:22 AM

I spent most of the weekend working on the 18th Mystery train quilt - really like how that has turned out.

I really enjoy the cutting part of the process. I'm going to stop at 121 and sew them up, then decide if I want to go any farther. I'm looking forward to sewing them, I love working on these smaller blocks.

laurafet 02-19-2018 04:58 PM

Keep it going ladies! You are doing fantastic! Anael, you asked- I have about half of the blocks done. I am currently staying and caring for my 87/89 year old parents, and my sewing (actually furniture and everything) is scattered in storage between 2 sons and my parents house, so I'm not doing a lot of sewing. I am piecing a king sized top for my oldest son that was to be a christmas gift and will now be his birthday in May if I'm lucky, but if I can find my book at the younger son's across town, I can at least work on a few blocks here and there. I really want to be able to say I completed the entire 140 blocks.

Anael 02-19-2018 10:28 PM

You're a lovely person Laurafet, caring for your parents! I can imagine there's not much Laurafet time left.....don't worry, we will be here for a while longer ;)

Macybaby 02-20-2018 01:12 PM

I've got just a few more to cut and I'll have my 121 blocks. Am looking forward to starting to sew on them. I've used up a lot of my batiks, but still have 5-6 that I have big chunks (like a yard or so) left. I think I'll do a border that uses only them, but not sure exactly what. Will have plenty of time to think about it!

Macybaby 02-21-2018 05:39 AM

I've got them all cut - so now back to sewing!

I'm going to use these as an incentive to keep working on my Catch Me if You Can quilt - that is major paper piecing. I've got 35 set of papers and cut fabric for that, so figure for each one I complete there, I can do 3-4 of these blocks. I've only got one that I kept as foundation piecing - since I'm doing so much of it already.

Anael 02-21-2018 06:19 AM

Oh my goodness Macebaby, you're making that quilt? WOW, it's stunning!!!!!

Teen 02-21-2018 04:24 PM

Looking forward to seeing your blocks, Macybaby. I just returned from mini vacay.....will be doing more blocks starting tomorrow.