Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 02-18-2014 11:04 AM

LOL Mirabelle, you didn't have enough projects :D :D :D Me, I have to force myself to make a block :(

laurafet 02-18-2014 06:17 PM

Very nice, all of the blocks we have seen so far. I am trying to finish a few other things before going great guns on this. I'll catch up though.

MamaHen 02-19-2014 04:32 AM

I have also decided to attempt to work with the rest of you in making these blocks. Of course I'm behind, but hope to catch up sooner or later. I'll post a picture or two when I'm about caught up. So many of the blocks are just beautiful so I want to make them too. Keep me inspired!

Anael 02-19-2014 04:47 AM

Welcome to the group laurafet and MamaHen! You don't have to keep up with the schedule, that's up to you. We would love to see the blocks you made :)

Geri B 02-19-2014 05:00 AM

Reading this thread got me interested in the book,so I ordered it from amazon at a god price, it came yesterday, I eagerly opened it, but now am a bit disappointed in the directions of some of those blocks......all those odd shaped, sized templates, PP on some that really don't need it, and the worst I saw so far was then GFG block.....that seems to be the hardest way to do it...why not just EPP...well maybe I am being too harsh and judgmental...I was thinking of following along with you on this project.....

Tell me...are you , or most of you, doing this with preplanned color pallette or are you just winging it? I haven't decided which way to go yet...will have to think about this....
If I continue this adventure, I think I would like to have this book rebound by office max with that plastic ringer type spine they do, makes keeping book flat opened so much easier......

Anael 02-19-2014 05:29 AM

Geri, welcome! I used EQ quite a lot to redraw blocks to get rid of the odd shapes. I love PP so did that a lot, even when not really needed.

I started with a certain colour pallette, green and blue and WOW background but it turned out to be quite the same as my first Sylvia so I changed it a bit, using yellow in the blocks as well as background fabric. So you might say I'm doing it scrappy :)

MamaHen 02-19-2014 06:02 AM

My background fabric will all be the same yellow gold, but everything else will be cut from my scrap container. They are all good pieces but not big enough or enough of to do any thing else with, so once I use that scrap for a block, those scraps of that scrap is going into file 13!

thimblebug6000 02-19-2014 07:33 AM

I'm using mostly blues/browns/beiges/pale yellow from pieces, I don't have any yardage of the fabrics I'm using. The directions would certainly not pass muster if you were judging it as a learn to piece book.

J.M. 02-19-2014 08:29 AM

I'll be joining too after I finish the quilt I'm quilting right now. I'm hoping to have that one finished by the end of this month. I'll have to catch up, but that's not a big problem as I have plenty of free time at the moment.

I'm going to be using a light background fabric along with green and magenta colors. Here's to hoping it will turn out the way I think it will :)

laurafet 02-19-2014 09:33 AM

I am going with a creamy background, and a lot of different blues from my scrap bins that all have other colors in them, so that brings in some variation. I guess I'm just too traditional and OCD for a true scrappy.