Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Macybaby 03-08-2018 10:17 AM

love your fabrics Donna! I'm not a big fan of batiks, so while the colors are bright, I've missed my calicos!

Teen 03-08-2018 05:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
3 more completed...

DonnaPea 03-09-2018 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=Teen;8018124]Pretty fabric used in your blocks, Donna!! That first one is one of my favorite blocks so far that I did.

I'm with you, Teen. Mother's Delight turned out to be a really pretty block. I'm enjoying being exposed to so many new ones. I'll be interested to see your border idea. I haven't even given a thought to how I will end this project - it's just too far in the future.

Anael 03-09-2018 07:56 AM

Wow Teen, gorgeous!!!!!!

Macebaby, I love batiks!!

Teen 03-09-2018 06:16 PM

Had an urgent counseling session today so I had to go into office......but, I at least completed 3 more blocks. Will take pictures tomorrow with tomorrow's bunch, if all goes well.

Have a lovely weekend!!!

Teen 03-10-2018 03:54 PM

6 Attachment(s)
6 more completed...though New Mexico was a bit challenging...it finished just under 6 1/2 so good enough for me. Remind me to never do this block again until I have 20 years experience. Just saying...

Anael 03-11-2018 11:58 AM

Ha! And even with so many years......:D :D
Love your blocks Teen! Very well done. Don't ask how many of my blocks finished under 6.5".......
Did I tell I started Sylvia right after I started piecing? So it was a huge learning curve!

Teen 03-11-2018 12:10 PM

I've seen your blocks, Anael.....no way would I have guessed you just started piecing. Your blocks looked wonderful.. Most of my blocks are finishing close to or exact. If they don't, I do it again. I've re-made a few I couldn't live with. No way was I gonna re-do NM...I hated that block....I may do another block and just replace it. I've gone through my blocks and fixed some that I overlooked missed seam matching but other than that, we'll see what this will look like. New Mexico block is probably a lot easier as a 12 1/2".... Lol!!

Anael 03-11-2018 12:52 PM

Awwww thank you Teen!! The one I hated the most was that Peter/Paul block. I even don't remember the exact name, something with robbing.....hahahaha. I really, really hated that one. There were more I didn't like but that one.......arghhhhhhhhhh :(

Some blocks are easier when larger. That's another option: substitute 4 blocks for 1 12.5" block.....hahaha

Teen 03-11-2018 01:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.....I've seen this one and have been procrastinating making it. Lol....I'll give it one shot....gonna work on some applique blocks tonight after dinner but today, I completed 4 more.. Total count is 79....